Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and hiking?

psiloceros

Greenlighter
Greetings, fellow psychonauts!

First of all, I'm gonna let you know that I'm new to this forum, so if I do something wrong please tell me (don't worry, I've read the beginners FAQ ;)).
I've had some trips with magic mushrooms but apart from that, I'm fairly inexperienced.
Since I'm going on a hiking tour in the alps next week, I would love to hear some of your input regarding psychedelics and hiking.

Have you tried tripping on hiking tours? If yes, which drugs did you use and how was your experience?
I've read somewhere that 2C-B (which I have available) might be suitable for that kind of occasion, would you agree?

Thanks! :)

Psychedelics with hiking are great! Just keep your dose lower than normal so you don't get lost. 2C-B would probably be great.

Welcome to the the forum!

Ive eaten mushrooms and hiked many times...
Might take a while longer but its great...
Only once did i have a bad experience and that was because i walked into a human-sized, polin coated banana spider web with multiple spiders in it....
That experience wasnt too much fun.

Ive eaten mushrooms and hiked many times...
Might take a while longer but its great...
Only once did i have a bad experience and that was because i walked into a human-sized, polin coated banana spider web with multiple spiders in it....
That experience wasnt too much fun.

I can imagine =D

Psychedelics with hiking are great! Just keep your dose lower than normal so you don't get lost. 2C-B would probably be great.

Welcome to the the forum!

Getting lost/disoriented is one of my main concerns, so I'm definitely going to start with a low dose.

I live in Washington State and I have a secret campsite I go to with my friends that overlooks a beautiful valley and is right next to a river in the mountains.

We go up there and drink and take AL LAD and it is amazing, especially on a dark clear night when you can see stars.

Getting lost/disoriented is one of my main concerns, so I'm definitely going to start with a low dose.

More than that it is important to know where you are at all times. Trail markers with maps are a must if you are not experienced with the area and even if you are. I live across from a huge state park here in NY and even I have gotten confused on trails I was use to. I almost didn't make it out in the light one hike when I made a wrong turn without a map. But ever since I have a map. I have taken LSD and mushrooms probably 100 times over the last 35 years while hiking. So I do carry a map and have a plan. Usually local fishing and sports shop have maps of the trails in the area. I got one of those that couldn't be ripped up and it has lasted 25 years. :) No need for a new one as trails don't change at all it seems. Who would change up a route, that would be cruel!

I had to use LSD and mushrooms as all these new fangled psychedelics like 2CP or other RC's were not around when I was in my hiking prime. Plenty of quality LSD was though. That seems to have changed.

Also should one get lost in the woods I would recommend an episode of Survivorman (go Les Stroud!) to get some tips. It is important to have all angles covered.

Anyway have a good time, use logic and reason, and the most important part is DON'T get cocky, use common sense and it will work out wonderful.

Yeah man have fun but becareful,don't be one of those search and rescue or worse search and recovery stories on the news.

I would say go for a dose you're normally comfortable with and go hiking. Just make sure that you don't, yenno, get lost in the woods.

My psychedelic hiking days have always involved a sober person. Otherwise at some points I would definatly have to stop moving or risk getting lost, even on fairly obvious trails.

If you are gonna be solo, a low dose of 2cb is about as perfect as you can get. Tryptamines are too sedating for hiking IMO. Phens/lsd seem better. YMMV

very nice combo indeed :D:D
for me, walking/hiking/biking works great. It redirects the focus away from the anxiety on the come up so i can slide more gently into the trip and I use the physical activity as a kind of a safe reference point in my head, like if everything else fails me during the trip, I have to just keep on walking, adrenaline sobers me up temporarily or something and the bad thoughts go away.
I did it mostly with shrooms, enjoyed it really much aside from some stomach pain.

I used to love going to Clark's Reservation in syracuse when I had taken mushrooms or acid. I always had one sober friend with me...well sober enough (only pot). Early summer when there is a lot of wildflowers blooming, and the mud around the glacial pool dries up...it's just positively magical.

What made it a great experience every time is that I had a really good friend that I could trust walking with me and pointing out beautiful flowers, or different animal tracks/birds nests. We always brought water or juice with us to stay hydrated, and a grocery bag, so if we saw any garbage we could pick it up and throw it out.

defiantly go for the DOX based chemicals specifically DOC as its an amphetamine based drug which is pretty self explanatory. I take around 2.5mg of DOC when i go for a hike or just a really long walk, up to 37km. You will be on a mission always wanting to see whats around the corner, ever so interested by the unknown. It is also good because you have next to unlimited energy even when you finish your hike.

Also concerning getting lost i find that on a low to medium dose of DOC will help avoid that due to the nature of this amazing chemical which gives you the alertness and cognitive enhancement of a run of the mill amphetamine.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your thoughts!
I've decided to go with a low dose of 2C-B (which I tested today =D). I would love to try mushrooms too, but I'm worried that I'm just gonna stop every few seconds to look at something and end up getting nowhere.

defiantly go for the DOX based chemicals specifically DOC as its an amphetamine based drug which is pretty self explanatory. I take around 2.5mg of DOC when i go for a hike or just a really long walk, up to 37km. You will be on a mission always wanting to see whats around the corner, ever so interested by the unknown. It is also good because you have next to unlimited energy even when you finish your hike.

Also concerning getting lost i find that on a low to medium dose of DOC will help avoid that due to the nature of this amazing chemical which gives you the alertness and cognitive enhancement of a run of the mill amphetamine.
Never heard of DOX, I'll be sure to check that out too!

He means do(x) with x as a variable for the pleathora of compounds that start with DO

Is there an actual dox tho ? :)

Ingesting psychedelics and walking/biking around big cities is quite an engaging experience
Urban exploration!!!

I scour the burbs of Detroit in search of adventure due to my lack of a car to help me escape the city and let me tell you it is some of the most fun I have ever had! I walk miles so I would say that is hiking.
I suggest you dose whatever equals out to a medium trip for you, come up, and then embark on your hike. I have gone out and about on 2C-B myself and yes, the stimulation is great for the physical exertion.

But I also recommend after giving this a try going with a somewhat deeper substance for your hike, as 2C-B is visually and tactilely pleasurable, it is not mentally immersive and a deep psychedelic on a nice hike can lead to..
Mystical experiences I'm sure :) Especially with a close friend if you have anyone you feel comfortable enough having around you in such an open state.

Also don't forget to bring some food and water, your tripping body needs nourishment!

I scour the burbs of Detroit in search of adventure

MRW I learned about the ring around big cities.

giphy.gif

Just keep near the skyscrapers. Watch out about the ring around big cities things get shaky. Detroit is abnormally dangerous and outside of downtown the poverty level is extreme, nearly the worst in America. If you have noticed broken windows, shattered glass, and blocked/overgrown sidewalks you are going the wrong direction. Especially on psychedelics, the actual downtown away from the urban blight is better.

Last edited: