• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is your personal reasoning for combining drugs?

BlacklightHorizon

Greenlighter
I would like to know what your personal reasoning behind why you do or do not combine different psychedelics or different drug classes together.

My personal opinion is that there are so many different classes of psychedelics and so many different levels attainable with each individual psychedelic flavor that it doesn't really warrant a need for them to be any different than they already are, if they are not stimulating enough than I have one for the job. If they are not visual enough, I guarantee I have one or five for the job. And if they aren't head fucky enough, I have a few of those. And then on top of that, the character changes so much as you increase dosing, and each experience is different. I really see no need to mix psychedelics with each other. I do see why you would mix drugs of another class, such as opiates or dissociatives or stimulants, if you so prefer to toggle with those specific receptors, but with psychedelics themselves, why?

Could a mod possibly edit the title to be psychedelics instead of drugs?

Pretty much just to trip harder. Substances potentiate eachother. If you want to get more bang for your buck, you might get that through combining psychs.

Anyway, there are specific combos that I enjoy a lot. MDMA+DMT was an experience like nothing else and lasted longer than DMT alone. Nitrous is always good to add to the peak of a trip because it can catapult you straight into ego death if you do enough.

Personally my favorite combo is MDMA and LSD; the candy flip. For me it the marriage of everything that is great about drugs. On one hand you have LSD which to me is the most pure of psychedelics. It grants me the energy i need to perform tasks on it which is different from mushrooms, for example which can take away my energy. It also doesnt impair my thinking and allows me to think more abstract and visualize things, like my chemistry homework, that i can not see in the real world. Its like a logical energetic force that makes me more me then I am already.

Then theres MDMA which to me is like the opposite style of LSD, every loving emotional and connecting. It allows me to feel connected to everyone like we are all friends and everything is perfect.

When the two are properly mixed, the dosing scheme adjusted for duration of experience, I end up with the best possible experience there can be. One with all the logic and understanding of LSD coupled with the love and connection of MDMA. The MDMA making me want to believe everyone is my friend while the LSD making me stay grounded and understand they arent really my friends. Its hard to explain its like they were made for each other (when taken by me at least) its like MDMA makes me be like "oh my god you are all my friends" while LSD prevents me from doing stupid things like giving my new friends my money or drugs ;)

Asking why people combine drugs is a bit like asking why people take drugs in the first place.
1) It's fun.
2) For synergy or potentiation.
3) Dealing with side effects.

A good example would be the speedball, or a bastardized version of it like I did (meth + codeine). I was on codeine for an injury. I needed it but I didn't like how it made me feel sleepy and useless during the day, so I combined it with methamphetamine a few times to counteract the sedation. Methamphetamine/stimulants are also known to potentiate the analgesic effects of opiates.

I like combo's because some of them seem to achieve a unique experience that cannot be acquired on a single drug. For instance more visuals without the added headfuck . When two substances have synergie, you can find your personal sweet spot dose and timing. This gives you much more adjustability in the experience you end up with.

Because they add the uniquest of melodies together:....more later I'm sure.

Personally my favorite combo is MDMA and LSD; the candy flip. For me it the marriage of everything that is great about drugs. On one hand you have LSD which to me is the most pure of psychedelics. It grants me the energy i need to perform tasks on it which is different from mushrooms, for example which can take away my energy. It also doesnt impair my thinking and allows me to think more abstract and visualize things, like my chemistry homework, that i can not see in the real world. Its like a logical energetic force that makes me more me then I am already.

Then theres MDMA which to me is like the opposite style of LSD, every loving emotional and connecting. It allows me to feel connected to everyone like we are all friends and everything is perfect.

When the two are properly mixed, the dosing scheme adjusted for duration of experience, I end up with the best possible experience there can be. One with all the logic and understanding of LSD coupled with the love and connection of MDMA. The MDMA making me want to believe everyone is my friend while the LSD making me stay grounded and understand they arent really my friends. Its hard to explain its like they were made for each other (when taken by me at least) its like MDMA makes me be like "oh my god you are all my friends" while LSD prevents me from doing stupid things like giving my new friends my money or drugs ;)

this....I don't necessarily do homework on LSD, but the combo is in credible. You have all the life changing experiences that LSD brings you to, but tempered with compassion empathy and care. It has always helped me be more receptive/accepting of the messages LSD is sending me.

As a side note...I always really liked LSD and heroin... It makes me feel so euphoric, but also able to accept harsh trips.

You guys have convinced me that maybe there is reason for me to give it a try myself before knocking combos, and manboychef, care to elaborate on lsd and heroin together? They are two of my favorite substances although I only use heroin once every couple months now, chippers for life!

As a side note...I always really liked LSD and heroin... It makes me feel so euphoric, but also able to accept harsh trips.

I would have agreed with you when i wasnt a junkie and combining the two was cool.... Then I had this terrible experience of tripping at a festival needing my fix and going to the tent. In the tent was a flashing color changing light and that is what i used peaking on acid to hit my vein. I spent like an hour stabbing myself in the dark crying because i just wanted to make it stop but i couldnt. It was a terrible vicious thing i was trapped syringe in hand crying with a flashing light stabbing myself over and over i eventually passed out in that sad state woke up maybe 2 hours later able to see because of the dawning sun and sober enough to focus, hit instantly and went to bed.

But i tell you if there is a hell that is probably what i would be forced to do forever.