Writing-up Research study on methamphetamine (ice/speed) and mental health- Melbourne

iceresearcher

Greenlighter
Research study on methamphetamine (ice/speed) and mental health- Melbourne
Hi, I’m Shalini and I’m a researcher at Turning Point and Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
We are recruiting participants for a research study investigating the impact of methamphetamine use on mental health, and mental health harms such as psychosis. We are actively recruiting at the moment (Sep 2015) and the study will be going to the end of Dec 2016.

Participation in this study involves a 1 1/2- 2 hour interview and some tests of thinking and memory, and you will receive a $30 voucher for your time.
You can also choose whether you would like to provide us with a sample of saliva and hair for genetic and drug testing. This part is optional, and if you do consent to this part of the study, all of the samples are de-identified and completely confidential.
The interview will be conducted in a location convenient to you. There will be no further follow-up or future participation required.

We are currently seeking:
- Adults (aged 18 and over) in Melbourne
- Who use methamphetamine regularly, and identify methamphetamine (ice/shard/speed) as their substance of choice
- Who are not prescribed methadone or buprenorphine
- Who do not have a previous history of a mental health diagnosis of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or schizoaffective disorder

This research study has been approved by the Monash University Human Research Ethics Committee.

If you are interested and would like to participate, please give me a ring on 0405915995, email on [email protected] or via the Bluelight private messaging system to find out if you are eligible.

Thank you for your interest and hope to hear from you soon! :)

Shalini Arunogiri
Turning Point
Monash University

This looks like a great study, Shalini. There's such a media frenzy in Australia and particularly Melbourne at the moment, it's really important that we have more clear information about what impact it has. Hopefully it can help contribute to creating better AOD treatment for people who need it. Best of luck with the study!

Research study on methamphetamine (ice/speed) and mental health- Melbourne
Hi, I’m Shalini and I’m a researcher at Turning Point and Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
We are recruiting participants for a research study investigating the impact of methamphetamine use on mental health, and mental health harms such as psychosis. We are actively recruiting at the moment (Sep 2015) and the study will be going to the end of Dec 2016.

Participation in this study involves a 1 1/2- 2 hour interview and some tests of thinking and memory, and you will receive a $30 voucher for your time.
You can also choose whether you would like to provide us with a sample of saliva and hair for genetic and drug testing. This part is optional, and if you do consent to this part of the study, all of the samples are de-identified and completely confidential.
The interview will be conducted in a location convenient to you. There will be no further follow-up or future participation required.

We are currently seeking:
- Adults (aged 18 and over) in Melbourne
- Who use methamphetamine regularly, and identify methamphetamine (ice/shard/speed) as their substance of choice
- Who are not prescribed methadone or buprenorphine
- Who do not have a previous history of a mental health diagnosis of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or schizoaffective disorder

This research study has been approved by the Monash University Human Research Ethics Committee.

If you are interested and would like to participate, please give me a ring on 0405915995, email on [email protected] or via the Bluelight private messaging system to find out if you are eligible.

Thank you for your interest and hope to hear from you soon! :)

Shalini Arunogiri
Turning Point
Monash University
woah

Hi Shalini, My name's Paul. I live in the U.S. however I have very extensive information on the effects of methamphetamine on the body both physically and mentally. Fellow users are always baffled at the fact that I can go out into crowded public places and not be paranoid to the point of passing out. I realize your post has been up for quite some time and that I'm not from Melbourne, although it's where I'd like to move to (Gold Coast possibly) however I've got quite the history with this substance. 2001-2003 was my first full blown addiction to the drug and then one day I'd had enough and I quit. In September of 2010 I picked up where I left off and gradually began doing grams a day. Once again I stopped once I'd lost enough.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like any information, I'm sure I can possibly be of some help in letting the public understand the in's and out's of this drug.

Thank You,
Paul Elsberry

Hello, from the US also. I use dextroamphetamine, which I heard was a molacule off meth. What kind of supplements do you use and or suggest for those who use the upper class amphetamines. Thank you for posting.

I would certanly go with the dopamine precursors. When your so depleted that the amps no longer work you will likely see that the addition of these chemicals will instigate the results your looking for.. can even find them for free.

Nutrasweet is available for free at anyplace that serves coffee. Nutrasweet is aspartic acid/phenylalanine dipeptide. phenylalanine os a dopamine precursor. If your not receiving the results you looking for out of the amps i bet the addition of this will show results.

The best way to use stimulants and reduce negative results of prolonged use imo is to combine low level prolonged exercise (initially and all out exercise once neurotransmitters are replenished) with dopamine precursors and other micronutrient intake. Vitamins, supplements and exercise. Its a win win situation as it also makes your high so much better while keeping us in a much better state. Fuckers are always late so I used to meet my coke dealer while I played a few sets at the tennis courts;)

PLease consider adding in fish oi as this likely will protect you and aid in recovery as well.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?...ved=0ahUKEwiblpqsubXMAhUGWCYKHVToAz8QgQMIHDAA

Phenylalanine and tyrosine

Accidentally just found a post that makes sense why eating grape fruit seems to enhance my mood in a long run. It has phenylalanine (or a a precursor of it. Can't remember which it was) and I haven't really thought that phenylalanine is precursor for dopamine.

Too bad I can't eat white grape fruit due the fact that it inhibits the enzyme used in methabolization of oxycodone. After I'll stop tapering I'll definately eat them daily.

I meet all your Req beside my location, But I am a regular user if you ever have a question and no ones around. Just like to help! :)
Good luck!