View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social Tripping Thread] NEW! Gather here for swirly talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I had fun, to say the least. I'm going to write a TR about it but no time today, lots to do (de-fleaing my house, cleaning, talk to the parents for the first time in a long time, experimenting with keyboard sound plugins and putting down a track for a song we're recording). But I'll say my thoughts about it here. :)

It felt kind of like DOC, except less psychedelic and more stimulant/empathogen. It certainly raised my HR a little, I wasn't at my house for most of it though so I didn't really take notes or have my BP/HR monitor. I regretted not being a little more scientific about it, but I also wanted to fully experience it and enjoy my time. I got the sweaty palms and feet at first during the come-up. The come-up was fairly intense actually, it made me feel psychedelic, movement around the edges, color enhancement, and some anxiety. There was a good bit of body energy and I felt compelled to move a lot. It was kind of rushy at first. The overall come-up feeling was leading me to believe that something intense was going to develop, but after the come-up happened it got a lot mellower. It was actually less intense after the come-up, I feel, but a much stabler and nicer feeling. There was never even really a peak, It just gradually transformed into a calm, jovial, energetic and mentally active state. It definitely felt like a psychedelic amphetamine, for sure (which it is). I felt nice physically, maybe less so than with DOPr or DOC. Mentally I felt a bit of free-association style tinges of psychedelia, and hints of empathogenesis, but neither was very fully developed. It was kind of a stimulant too, but not very stimulating. I found myself moving a lot, balancing on this cool log in the yard a lot, occasionally desiring to jump as high as I could, and doing so. I do that kind of stuff when I feel good anyway, but it was more satisfying. I found myself talking and laughing a lot and thinking of things in somewhat different ways, and getting into great, hilarious, complex conversations with my friend (who is always great to talk to that way). At one point I jammed on keys with him (he plays bass), and we just decikded to play F# minor. The jam was really cool, very expressive with me taking the melodic lead. Lots of feeling and interesting ideas, very free-flowing, we actually started to develop the beginning of something that might become a song. The music enhancement was probably the most pronounced effect of the drug. In general it was very nice but I can't quite place my finger on why. Maybe it's just a good enhancer, but it didn't seem to provide its own content. Definitely not fully psychedelic.

Later on, I floated the idea of taking 4-HO-MiPT to my friend. In PIHKAL Shulgin mentions taking MEM with MDMA quite a lot, even recommends it, to get the most out of it. I don't have MDMA but 4-HO-MiPT is euphoric and I wanted some more psychedelia anyway. Since I only had 1 dose of MEM, I decided to get a feel for it alone first and then add something to try a combo. It worked great. The 4-HO-MiPT added that extra psychedelia and hilarity and euphoria. I took 27mg (which is the dosage range I go for with it normally). The light euphoria of the MEM merged quite well with the often profound euphroai from 4-HO-MiPT and became an amalgamation of the two. Another friend also joined with the 4-HO-MiPT at this point, and the three of us basically laughed hard and had epic conversations, and analyzed all kinds of things, all night. My face and throat are sore this morning because of smiling and laughing, and my abs a little too. I went to sleep pretty easily at 7am (I could have a little earlier but didn't want to). I had drank a decent bit of alcohol by that point, as I find drinking on comedowns of recreational trips to be great. That also seemed to mix really well, actually I drank a small amount before I took the 4-HO-MiPT also and it seems to mix very well with MEM, like it does for me on the tail end of DOC, where it seems synergistic.

Overall I very much enjoyed my experience. I enjoyed the MEM alone but it seems like it's lacking something a little bit. It felt quite like a much less full and complete version of the DOC plateau, without ever having a fully psychedelic peak stage. Adding the 4-HO-MiPT elevated it to the level of really good.

Next up, DOET. :) I have ~24mg of that so I'll get to actually try it at various dosages. I wanted to try MEM at various dosages but alas, I only had 50mg. Given I'm generally a hardhead, and I certainly wasn't going to get 2 dosages, I decided to just take all 50mg, to get the most I could from what I had.

Very nice, Zorkot. Twenty minutes ago I placed a 150ug blot of ETH-LAD between my gums, and it was cool to get my first alerts with the opening of Zep's Nobody's Fault But Mine. I just hung some new artwork in the house, and I think it's going to be an evening of roaming under different lighting conditions. It's been a while! :) Plus, I stink from doing yardwork all day, so I'm looking forward to hitting the shower at about +1h. I broke my drumsticks a couple of weeks ago playing like a madman on 4-FA, but I'm tempted to find a substitute and go Bonzo down there. Rice Krispie sensors kicking in. I've got a feeling this is going to snap, crackle, and pop.

Edit: At 40 minutes in, it seemed too sedate (still intoxicating, of course) so I just swallowed the chewed up 150ug I started with and placed a new estimated 75ug (1/2 of a square) of the stuff between my upper gum and lip. I'm hoping for some serious traction here, kiddos.

The good news is that my hands are starting to feel a bit "last days for a replicant" (don't worry, I won't be driving a nail through my palm) so I expect that this experience is about to dive in.

Haha, Paint it Black just finished playing and L.A. Woman just started... just perfect! :)

Edit: +75m or so -- auditory hallucinations began with Behind Blue Eyes and are taking off with You Can't Always Get What You Want. I was in the basement with the NVGs and playing with the cats, and anyway, I doubt I'll be online much more for a bit because this is definitely s..w..irly I guess I started eating spinach out of a bag and must have chewed up the blotter while I did it. Hahaha, these are a new kind of visual. Must be the vitamin K!

Well the dog won't eat it no matter how good I make it look. But it ate a hot dog. And so did I. And I drank some of that new Dewshine soda; not bad! There's spinach everywhere. Listening to Raise my Rent; David Gilmour. And I can say I am full on +++ going on 4 if only because I am not getting the sexual stimulation very much but that's probably because it's so hot in here right now (I turned the heat on after it got a bit chilly -- been alternating between 66 and 72 degrees)

And here is a photo to landmark where I am at this point (so shot, to be honest) I have blood tremors roaring through like I tend to get with good psychs... anyway the photo (I had to mute all the music. It was too much. Or the hot dog is getting to me. lol)
nYlK8tC.jpg

oh my gawd it's unequivocably obvious at the point that I totally disrespected this substance. I better take the upside of it if I can. IF

+2 hrs

After a shower, a meditative session that I can only describe as, it doesn't need to be to anyone who thinks anything at all.. it all makes no sense and all sense, (actually it's what you want it to mean, when and where, and if and why, and ultimately how (but today, it's music --our sweetly, gently weeping guitar which is the loving backdrop to my universe, anyway (we make our own, after all) And cleanliness is next to godliness and after all I see that we aren't all that much better than the filth we started from (but maybe filth at that level is beautiful?) hahaha

It's probably George Harrison singing over my shoulder but wow thanks man

actually it's the junkie blues

got no monkey on my back
and I'm never gonna crack
got no streecar named desssirrreee

... can't take you with me, but maybe: [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]I was twenty-one years when I wrote this song
I'm twenty-two now but I won't be for long
Time hurries on

... and now ... hahaha (unless you're older you *are* quite young, but the joke is on myself ourself itself)

you know the first time I traveled out in the rain and snow (out in the rain and snow)
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Damn good substance. I know it isn't the hot dog.

And from the first time that she really done me
Oh, she done me, she done me good

Thanks

How'd we do it?

thanks! love

THANKS AND LOVE

approx +3.5 hrs:

It's the paradox. I am here to impress myself. lol Nothing else matters. Then what is the point? Existential philosophy and its own as well, how about that

again,

Let it go.

approx +5 hrs:

At some point (and it has definitely passed) you just let the fucking salsa drip wherever the fuck it may, wipe it up with your yellow corn Mission tortilla and see we're free, you and me -- let's touch the sky and play this simple game.

Last edited:
Hahaha! Thank you, MADRUS!

That's fucking great and you just made my night.

EDIT: Oh -- and I'd classify my experience as +3 , never a +4. It was definitely a fun, warped time, with some decent visuals (that didn't seem to last longer than an hour or so, though) -- perception of time was really off, especially after the third hour. While I usually trip solo (and I don't really know anyone around here I like who enjoys psychs), I think this would be one to enjoy with company. I was really hoping to socialize with people during the trip. BL was kinda dead tonight, though. :(

Last edited:
omg I love this thread already. I hope a lot of MEMEing happens in here tbh lol

I'm gonna take two of my rhodiolas extracts today that I got from the chinese market, maybe three, if I feel enough MAO inhibition (if I'll even be able to gauge such a thing) maybe i'll vaporize a little bit of DMT. I sure wish I had me some dissociatives, I haven't had any since Camp Bisco in july besides one low DXM dosage.

anyways, yohimbe has really been treating me well(didn't take it today because of the rhodiola plan), the first few times I took yohimbine hcl the effects were mainly unpleasant body sensations. Now I can take much more without feeling discomfort and the stimulation feels much nicer, I have a feeling your body has to get used to the intense blood pressure effects yohimbe has.

Do you get positive effects from high doses of rhodiola? I find it extremely unpleasant at higher doses, it produces a very strong physical stimulation and makes me very agitated. Low doses however are like a healthier feeling amphetamine replacement that will make me much more productive throughout the day...

I found some nice but subtle effects from rhodiola extracts. A nice little boost to the day, though I'd not call it stimulation per se. I used to use it when I was on opiates to help me feel less shitty while waiting for a dose.

Trying to find time to write that MEM report... work as usual lately is busy though. But I'll make sure to write it while it's still fresh on my mind. Interesting substance, kinda hard to tell what it's all about but I got that feeling from reading PIHKAL as well.

Just A Guy, that sounds like quite a trip! I grow more intrigued by that chemical every day.

Looking forward to the trip report, Xorkoth. :) Thanks for the notes you've shared already.

I have a somewhat swirly story I'd like to get down in writing and I thought this might be the a nice place to share it at the same time. It's not exactly primarily drug-related, but it was drug-enhanced.

I was having some insomnia last night and kept waking up in bed after short bursts of sleep. Maybe four hours or so into it I decided to take a couple of cannabis puffs to help me sleep, though at first it gave me some trouble by making my mind race with random tired thoughts. When I finally fell asleep I entered a hazy dream space that was emotionally intense, but I forgot a lot of it from the beginning. The first thing I really recall is listening to this girl tell me about something horrible that was happening in her life that I was getting really invested in, but then I suddenly realized that everything that was happening was just a dream. I promptly told her so, and she became happy, then ecstatic about the fact that nothing she was worrying about was real or really mattered. She started thanking me, and then she became especially friendly....

The dream started to lose focus and I lapsed out a bit, but came back to lucidity while walking around a parking lot next to some building in a downtown area, which I knew in the back of my mind that my roommate was walking around continuing some operation that we had started earlier on. I had just walked in front of a car and saw an old friend I mine who I haven't seen in a couple of years sitting in the back seat. I reached through the front window to get to him, but instead he suddenly became a cellphone and I was grabbing him out of the air right in front of me as if I had intended to all along. The screen showed a text conversation between he and I that seemed to include some of the things that I was thinking about saying and some of the things I would've expected him to say, though I tossed it quickly without looking too closely. Since that whole situation didn't work out, I picked up the car by its front and hurled it into the city streets in the distance; when it landed, the explosion formed into a collection of statues of naked women in expressive poses.

I blinked, and suddenly all of the statues had rearranged into new places and positions. I flew over to the structure to inspect it with some amusement, and then I flew back into the building I was walking next to before, phasing through the front glass doors and walls inside in the process. I found my roommate walking around, sort of, as I just instinctively knew that he was now disguised as a moderately overweight woman in a dress with black and white flower patterns on it as a way of keeping our aforementioned operation hidden. By this point though I no longer cared about the dream plot and simply grabbed him/her and flew back out of the building and into the sky. We made idle conversation while I flew us around the city and we watched the rooftops from above for a few moments, and then I woke up again.

One of the more interesting vivid and lucid dreams I've had in a while, and though it may be hard to tell from someone else's dreams I can say that it definitely seemed like smoking immediately beforehand made a difference. I wanted to make sure I remember this one.

It wasn't too bad! But there were a lot of things weighing on my mind, so I look forward to no responsibilities coming up and trying this again. :)

I haven't had any lucid dreams for years... :(

I hope you'll fill us in on that too when you do, it would be interesting to know your perspective now going back with a better set and knowing more what to expect. :)

Do you ever fall asleep on the couch? Smoking myself to sleep in the living room and moving to bed halfway through the night is a nearly sure thing for me with getting lucid dreams, even with a daily cannabis habit. I'm pretty sure it's the activity waking my mind up a bit more and the REM rebound from the high mostly wearing off that does it.

If phish in Hampton happens we have to get up brahs. For reals. I'm all about it.

Do you get positive effects from high doses of rhodiola? I find it extremely unpleasant at higher doses, it produces a very strong physical stimulation and makes me very agitated. Low doses however are like a healthier feeling amphetamine replacement that will make me much more productive throughout the day...

I ended up only drinking one, I've drank two of them before though without many side effects, but I have no idea what sort of standardized dose it is.

I took like three dabs in a row in the middle of the night and I swear it made it much more psychedelic. I was having mind movies of completely nonsensical comedy skits to the point where I was like how the fuck is my mind coming up with this without any conscious effort whatsoever??

yohimbe + an energy drink + some coffee had me pretty wired today, even though I woke up feeling extremely tired. I have a new construction job and its helping me have the extra energy.

I was reading up on alpha2 andrenergic receptors (the ones yohimbe acts on) and the wiki says that they are mainly involved in processing emotionally intense memories.

When I was feeling nostalgic today after hearing the song "paper planes" I swear those effects showed themselves full force because it almost felt like I was rolling for a second when the wave of nostalgic emotion hit me.

yohimbe felt pretty unnatural and unsafe the first time I did it but after doing it like 10 times now I'd say its an awesome stimulant that is relatively safe (I've combined it with cocaine)

maybe one day i'll be a guinea pig and combine it with a psyche, probably mushrooms or one of the more sedating ones.

Upon finishing my day job at 5pm, and then completing some side work by 7:30pm, I still had a lot I wanted to accomplish at home, so I visited a friend so I might acquire some artificial endurance, but he had none. I ended up grocery shopping, and returning home with a boatload of chores to finish. I decided to take the half tab that was left over from Saturday's adventure (=75ug ETH-LAD) and approx 2 hrs later it's very threshold, but music was enjoyable, and I did get the munchies, and enjoyed loose ground beef w/ salsa and shredded cheese in a bun w/ a Busch Light. Mild visuals only, for example, the text here is moving back and forth slowly. I am feeling a bit of bloat, and I know I should be able to sleep fine anytime I choose (unlike Saturday -- woah I was amped up from the 225ug until about 5am, and I'd dosed at 6pm. Interestingly, this trip is getting a little more fun now that I've eaten. Although the energy I had earlier (I did finish all the dishes, and did 1 load of laundry (yet to be folded) was nice, I am feeling pretty sedate now. Except my damn feet which keep wanting to curl around each other, ankle locked. That was really bad yesterday.

Sad news today. My grandfather was diagnosed with brain cancer. I love that man. He's my last grandparent. God bless Gran'Dad!

Wow, this is amazing.

I wonder if one might purposefully try to defeat Zipf's law?

It occurs to me that Zipf's Law supports Samuel Adam's famous statement: "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

Smoked 25 mg of 4-AcO-DALT about fifteen minutes ago. It's actually pretty noticeably different from when I smoked 15 mg about a week and a half ago, but that was my first time tripping in like several months so that one of course will be "fuller". That time the onset was extremely rapid and intense like DMT, and the visuals were shockingly LSD-like. This time, it was slow like 4-AcO-MET or 4-AcO-DET when smoked, it takes a good few minutes to really start showing up. Interesting implications there when thinking about using those and considering tolerance.... This time it also distinctly lacked most of the LSD-like visual qualities, but it did still feel quite a lot like DMT, more so than most other things I've used that still retained a unique feeling of their own as well. It just moved more slowly and didn't seem like it could peak nearly as high.... My last trial got me really excited for smoking but honestly if it's going to be like this with any amount of tolerance I might just try my luck with oral doses next. It's still nice though, it definitely feels intense even though it didn't really break through, and the music enhancement is noticeably better than the 15 mg dose. For the first few minutes of listening it pushed the visuals into visions. The first kind of flat but realistic-looking (normal clothing and everything) people I see in the visuals of a tryptamine tend to be the ones that recur a lot, like I get this overweight security guard on 4-HO-DET, and this time I got like a couple of maybe like middle school age girls. Weird stuff this mind....

Anyway I'm going back to the music!

Edit: Now, about fifty minutes after smoking, it seems to have mostly worn off other than a lingering positive buzz which is especially felt with cannabis. Just noting for later reference, I'll probably make a fuller trip report at some point.

Also, I'm very sorry to hear that Just A Guy. :( Sorry, I just read through the new posts that had been added before mine, I was kind of focused on getting thoughts out before. I don't know what to say but my heart goes out to you and him.

Also, I'm about to watch this intriguing video you posted....

Edit 2: Wow, you were not wrong, that was incredible. I'm going to be thinking about that for ages now.... Thanks for sharing. o.o

Last edited:
Sad news today. My grandfather was diagnosed with brain cancer. I love that man. He's my last grandparent. God bless Gran'Dad!

I'm sorry man <3. I only have 1 grandparent left myself, she's about to turn 90 and she's starting to get loopy. Up until age 87 she was still moving all the time and partying with her friends. She's my last grandparent and also the one I've always been closest to.

At first VSauce irritated me because he tries to hard to be quirky, but then he pushes that so hard that by the end it comes off right. I think there's some kind of "uncanny valley" for quirkyness that he passed by being super quirky.

Any of you ever just took a dose, that hasn't hit you, but has hit you enough to just browse forums high enough, to get self-conscious because you didn't know what the definition of -quirky- was, so you got on searching wikipedias and online dictionaries for the word quirky, and later you somehow ended up learning how to make a lactose-free milk for just an extra 60 cents per gallon, but realised that you've got to sleep now but you absolutely cannot close your eyes, but you still got to wake up for work tommorow? No? Just me then, ohh ok :?

Status
Not open for further replies.