• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

September Getting/Staying Sober/Clean Thread v. Bundle Up, it's about to get cold!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^That's great! I'm a week clean today after chipping a few times a week for August and half of September. I'm heading back to my city (danger zone) today but I'm going to call some folks in my support system. When I stay busy I can battle through cravings. Inaction is deadly to me. We'll be here to support you, Papaverium : )

Congratulations Everyone! I almost used some partial agonist yesterday. My pain is up so high, my mom is in ICU with a heart attack and I might be pregnant. I am getting older so contemplating having one child. Although I am broke from all my drug use over the years and with spinal complications not sure if I can. This week has been insane but I am still clean. I found some old Buprenex in vials yesterday cleaning things out as I'm needing to move soon, got rid of it today. That's what almost took me out.
Very stressed but what's the worst that can happen? Any day clean is better than the hell I was in a year ago. Almost a year and one month this month. :)

Congratulations Everyone! I almost used some partial agonist yesterday. My pain is up so high, my mom is in ICU with a heart attack and I might be pregnant. I am getting older so contemplating having one child. Although I am broke from all my drug use over the years and with spinal complications not sure if I can. This week has been insane but I am still clean. I found some old Buprenex in vials yesterday cleaning things out as I'm needing to move soon, got rid of it today. That's what almost took me out.
Very stressed but what's the worst that can happen? Any day clean is better than the hell I was in a year ago. Almost a year and one month this month. :)

Congratulations Smoky!!! <3

I don't know what I would have done if I found buprenex vials. You're a continuing inspiration to my recovery <3 <3

I'll be keeping you and your mom in my thoughts, best of luck to you both!

I am 33 days clean. I am on Subs but that doesn't count for me, I am just so glad to be off opiates and cocaine! It's been a hard month but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so proud and so hopeful! I haven't been 30 days clean from all illicit drugs in years.

Thanks so much Captain, I really appreciate it coming from you! <3 You were one of my first friends on BL. :)

Congrats dognasher! Huge accomplishment. Those were my DOC's, opiates/cocaine.

I am 33 days clean. I am on Subs but that doesn't count for me, I am just so glad to be off opiates and cocaine! It's been a hard month but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so proud and so hopeful! I haven't been 30 days clean from all illicit drugs in years.
That's really amazing! Happy for you.

You deserve to be proud!<3

Thanks Herbie!!!! I am very excited about the future...for the first time in I can't remember when. :)

And thank you Crimson and Smoky - I know both of you guys have wrestled the coke/dope demons, and your words mean a great deal to me.

Congratulations Smoky!
For being sober and not using Buprenex which I find remarkable but also because you are, or may be pregnant.
A lot of things going on. Your mother relying on you like this and you showing the strength you were seeking one year ago.
My good wishes for your mother's recovery and that you remain well.

Congrats to everyone on there awesome achievements ;)
Last year during these holidays I was so messed up I hated it but this year I'm so grateful I got to give thanx to God for all he has helped me accomplish in these past 8 months.

Thanks Herbie!!!! I am very excited about the future...for the first time in I can't remember when. :)

And thank you Crimson and Smoky - I know both of you guys have wrestled the coke/dope demons, and your words mean a great deal to me.

Congrats on quitting dope and coke man, I know you said you're on the subs to get off, and that is great, but take it to me and CH, and many of us, don't use those subs for too long man, cause then you'll be in another dependence in it's own right. I know it feels a lot different, but you're really only half clean right now. Going from subs to nothing is the real challenge, unfortunately. But congrats on your progress so far, not trying to downplay that at all. Just don't wanna see another dependent on subs cause they took them too long to get off H or other opioids.

Well I tried to quit weed and failed (a couple weeks ago). Now I am trying again, but I see how slowly I will have to go. AT first my goal is to wait as long as I can to puff, then take a tiny puff, hope this works. I know weed is why I got "written up" (ffs) at work this week. I was too burnt out to realize I was making a stupid mistake. So back to work at getting this evil green demon (lol) outta my life. I dont know if I can sleep without it, but one day at a time.... Congrats everyone who keeps trying!

Oh yeah, and I got so upset about the embarrassing mistake at work that I had a wee relapse, but boy that was a let down :)

Last edited:
1 year, 4 months and 18 days today!

I am staying in the city where my new job is for a few days and am going to tons of meetings. They are so good up here it is unreal. I already meet some people that go to Phish shows clean and that is something I have been looking for for awhile.

That's fantastic! :) Congratulations.
I hope I get there. 7 months so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.