• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

September Getting/Staying Sober/Clean Thread v. Bundle Up, it's about to get cold!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know!! It's been 7 months for me as well. Both opiates and benzos. Right on!! :)

Feeling much better now comparing to my first couple of months. I still have sleeping problems though.

One day at a time.

Congrats Erik I also still don't sleep well don't have much energy and sweat a lot . I hope when I hit a year I'll get better.
I for sure feel a hell of a lot better then a few months ago.
It's amazing how far we have all come I still feel like it was yesterday posting in the March thread not being able to fathom 6 months but here I am at 7 :)

Goodbye bluelight. j to the Mwah

What is going on? If you are feeling shaky please talk to somebody, preferably a doctor.

As for me, I am just realizing how much more easy going I am nowadays. I am just more pleasant and actually feel content most of the time. Yes, I wish certain things were different, but I have no control over them so I try not to worry.

I would like to share something from the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous:

Page 417 Acceptance

Acceptance is the answer to ALL of my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation- some fact of my life- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept my life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

Na all is ok thought I'd quit the forum to stay sober. I'll just stick to the lounge. Thanks for your concern.

Acceptance is the answer to ALL of my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation- some fact of my life- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept my life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

^ I agree. Accepting your own issues can be quite tough.

Last edited:
Finally got a username for bluelight. Been creeping for a couple of years.
First post!

Today is day 10 off suboxone. I am still smoking weed to help with the withdrawal.
I am finally starting to feel like a human again. Suboxone sucks the life out of me.

I'm glad bluelight has this section to post in. Just looking for some support, and to be able to support others.

To everyone in this thread, good job!
Each one of us has different factors in our struggle. Sometimes the smallest step can be the biggest victory.

Finally got a username for bluelight. Been creeping for a couple of years.
First post!

Today is day 10 off suboxone. I am still smoking weed to help with the withdrawal.
I am finally starting to feel like a human again. Suboxone sucks the life out of me.

I'm glad bluelight has this section to post in. Just looking for some support, and to be able to support others.

To everyone in this thread, good job!
Each one of us has different factors in our struggle. Sometimes the smallest step can be the biggest victory.

Congratulations on your 10 days :D

I personally know how hard Suboxone can be to quit for those of us with a propensity for opiate abuse. Keep us posted :D

Thanks captain.heroin! I used a taper that worked out! I hardly felt withdrawal symptoms.

That's amazing. I went through months of withdrawal symptoms and wish I could say the same. :)

Another day down. Coming close to my 11 month mark (in 9 days) :D

So I forgot when my clean date was exactly but it was about 2 years ago that I stopped my heroin and benzo habits. So I'm calling it 2 years right now that I haven't used heroin at the least.

Anyway, in these two years I have had exactly one attempt to relapse on heroin which luckily did not happen. I feel pretty good these days and don't really think about using but I'm trying to stay reasonable with knowing that I can relapse anytime if my mind wonders too far...I did relapse on xanax a couple times but it wasn't anywhere near the usage when I was abusing. I don't think you could say my relapse was abuse at all actually, so is that a relapse? I get confused sometimes, but trying to stay reasonable.

Anyway, all is well here and I have my two years off dope!!! :D

Wow 2 years! Congratulations w01fg4ng! :)
I'm really looking forward not to think about using it. I can relate to your Xanax relapse as I do miss benzos more than opiates.
Best wishes to all! :)

Last edited:
That's amazing. I went through months of withdrawal symptoms and wish I could say the same. :)

Thats awesome! Congratulations!

This time around I wasn't on such a high dose, thankfully!

Congratulations CH! Enjoy the success of a long term recovery. Every day counts!!
I remember how bad it was for you and I'm glad you are doing so much better.:)

9thtimer, what dose were you on when you stopped using? Did you taper beforehand? What did you use to help with the taper/coming off the bupe? And how long were you on the bupe for?

Wow 2 years! Congratulations w01fg4ng! :)
I'm really looking forward not to think about using it. I can relate to your Xanax relapse as I do miss benzos more than opiates.
Best wishes to all! :)
Thanks man. I was a little lucky to get out of the xanax relapse because of extremely limited access...anyway it does help to have access to it at a distance and the same goes for opiates. I do know it's possible to stop the obsessive thoughts of using and have days where it doesn't enter the picture at all. All with time.

Good luck everyone!

This thread is inspiring me. I have been chipping for some time now. The only reason it hasn't developed back into a full time habit is because of lack of funds. But a few days ago I started to feel that obsession again and decided to just stop. I am at about 40 hours now and plan on going for a long bike ride and a meeting today. You guys are giving me hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.