• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need Help And Fast :( !!

SomeDamnGuy1435

Greenlighter
Sorry I'm New And Didn't Know Where To Put This Post . So I'm Addicted To opioids And Opiates When I Use I Use 40-100 Mg Of Oxycodone When I Have It And 100 -150 Mg Of Hydrocodone CWE ..And For The Past Two Weeks All I Could Find Was Subutex Or Suboxone.So Today I Drank So Grapefruit Juice And It Really Seems To Help Me Stay At The Peak Of My Suboxone Buzz ( All It Really Is )
Drugs I Use In Order From Most To Least Used
1.Oxycodone And HydroCodone
2.Xanex (Alone And With #1^)
3.Marijuana ( Only For Withdrawal For #1 )
4.Adderall And Ritalin (With #2 )
5.Shrooms ( Once A Month )
6.Suboxone And Subutex (If All I Can Find )
Also A Pack A Day Smoker Since 16

A Little Background Info About Me I'm 20 Years Old Been Using Anything I Can Get My Hands On Since I Was 13 I'm 5'9 138 lbs
My Parents Split Up When I Was In The Second Grade Because My Real Father Abused My Dear Mother A lot And Hearing And Seeing All That Left Me With Crippling Anxiety And A Hole In My Heart To Shovel Chemicals Into That Will Never Be Field ..

Its Not Like I Wanna Die I Just Wanna Be Normal But I Know If I Keep At It I Am Going To Die I Want A Way Out ..Need Some Advice On Safer Drug Use Because I Know If I Stop I'll End Up Going Crazy With All The Anxiety , Also My Drug Use Is Daily If I Don't I Can't Leave The House . My Drug Habbit Made Me Lose My Highschool Sweet Her / Ex Fiancee And My Only True Love 6 Months Ago Is There Any Way I Could Still Balance A Relationship With My Drug Use I Don't Wanna Die Alone

So I'm Asking How To Use Safer And Still Use But Balance A Relationship Advice Thanks In Advanced

From reading your post I can tell you cant imagine living without a buzz but your still young....this website is a good step for trying to control your addiction and its good you know you got one that is getting out of hand.....my advice is to try a healthy life style for instance ride a bike play some disc golf....anything is better then using all day everyday....i dont bealive weed to be that bad but opiates and etc with the dosages ur talking about u would need to lower your tolerance alot....

if it is possible try to taper off the stuff no need to trip every month unless it really is helpful....im a recovering alcoholic so i know how it is. Also dont do this alone...get a close friend or famlily member to help you. Best of luck.

Thank You Wonka And I Work Full Time So I Have Things To Do But I Do Need A Hobby ..But I Can't Tell Anyone About My Use I Live In The Bible Belt And They Would Call The Cops On Me And The Shrooms Ain't To Trip Its A 1.5 Grams For Mental Health ..

And What Do You Mean By Taper Off I Can't Go A Day Without Something :(

Taper means sligtly lowering your dose over a longer period of time so your body can adjust to it. For example if you use 80mg of Oxy a day, try only doing 70mg for a few days, then 60mg and so on.

Another option would be to do a taper using Subutex (Buprenorphine) which is a long lasting partial agonist used for Opiate Replacement Therapy so you can maintain your daily job without being in withdrawl. It does not get you high like full agonists do, but it kills the withdrawl and craving (at least for the most part).

I suggest looking into the Subutex Megathread and/or Opioid Withdrawl thread.

Taper your tolerance.....as opposed to 100mg of oxy try going lower.....same with the benzos....it will be hard to adjust but it makes handling your addiction easier....and smoke the weed nothing wrong with that. If you need advice there are alot of people here very qualified in explaining a solution if you wanted to stop a certain substance.

But just go lower on your dosages and keep aiming for a lower tolerance look at it as a goal or 1st step to changing the bad habit. Also be around people you like that arnt out to use you it makes things bad for anyone when you got fake friends. You seem like a smart person so just take it slow man.

Okay Thanks For The Help I'll Start Lowering The Doses Every 3 Days And Go From There And Smoke A little Bud Now And Then And Check In To Getting On A Subutix Treatmeant

Best of luck and dont be afriad to ask for help if you need it. on BL we are here to help

Yes, good luck. Hopefully the taper goes well. Slow and steady always worked the best for me.

Off topic: Why do you capatilize the first letter of every word? Is it a personal style thing? It is sort of unique but it is also abrasive to read.

I wish you the best somedamnguy =) Its tough living in the bible belt and having any kind of problem like that, but you never know you might be able to find meetings in churches or something and meet some nice understanding people. A support system is very important when it comes to recovery.. we all have our demons and make mistakes. You seem like you struggle with a lot of emotional problems. Once you're a bluelighter you can pm me anytime. Much love

Hey bud, listen carefully because these next few months of your life are going to be critical. You have a poly drug addiction and you have had it for over half a decade. Starting at the age of 13. That means you were high while going through puberty. Now your brain is and always will associate any pleasurable experience with drugs. You primitive "lizard brain" the part of the human brain that has not evolved yet and is there simply to drive us toward being rewarded.

You have not spent a single day as an adult sober. That is a serious problem. I don't think you understand that this is a crippling disease that will destroy your life and then kill you. I don't care if you are in the bible belt, skid row, or fucking harlem. You need to get treatment and you need to get it now. You will NEVER be able to control your addiction. There are only two options. 1) You don't get help now and your problems will double every couple months this trend WILL continue until you get caught or you die. 2) You just get that part over with now and tell your parents you need help. What would be worse? If your whole city finds out from arrest, overdose, rumor mill. Or to just keep it between you and your family and get to either rehab or an addictionologist that can RX you suboxone.

People WILL find out and it is up to you to minimize the amount of damage you do to yourself and your reputation. You will lose EVERYTHING that you hold dear or love in this world, You will hit bottom so many times you wont know which way is up. This is not a guess on my part, this will 100% happen and if you do not take my advice maybe a couple months from now, maybe a couple years from now. But you will get lost in this and lose everything and you will have this reminder shitting in the back of you head saying. "why didn't I just stop when I could, I had the chance to make it so just me and my parents know, but now the whole town knows, I have legal charges against me, my future is ruined, I will never be able to hold a real job because I have a felony conviction." Or maybe none of that happens and you just OD and die, Leaving your family destroyed in the wake from the loss of you, and having everybody you ever knew know you died of a drug overdose.

Please go get help.

Hey bud, listen carefully because these next few months of your life are going to be critical. You have a poly drug addiction and you have had it for over half a decade. Starting at the age of 13. That means you were high while going through puberty. Now your brain is and always will associate any pleasurable experience with drugs. You primitive "lizard brain" the part of the human brain that has not evolved yet and is there simply to drive us toward being rewarded.

You have not spent a single day as an adult sober. That is a serious problem. I don't think you understand that this is a crippling disease that will destroy your life and then kill you. I don't care if you are in the bible belt, skid row, or fucking harlem. You need to get treatment and you need to get it now. You will NEVER be able to control your addiction. There are only two options. 1) You don't get help now and your problems will double every couple months this trend WILL continue until you get caught or you die. 2) You just get that part over with now and tell your parents you need help. What would be worse? If your whole city finds out from arrest, overdose, rumor mill. Or to just keep it between you and your family and get to either rehab or an addictionologist that can RX you suboxone.

People WILL find out and it is up to you to minimize the amount of damage you do to yourself and your reputation. You will lose EVERYTHING that you hold dear or love in this world, You will hit bottom so many times you wont know which way is up. This is not a guess on my part, this will 100% happen and if you do not take my advice maybe a couple months from now, maybe a couple years from now. But you will get lost in this and lose everything and you will have this reminder shitting in the back of you head saying. "why didn't I just stop when I could, I had the chance to make it so just me and my parents know, but now the whole town knows, I have legal charges against me, my future is ruined, I will never be able to hold a real job because I have a felony conviction." Or maybe none of that happens and you just OD and die, Leaving your family destroyed in the wake from the loss of you, and having everybody you ever knew know you died of a drug overdose.

Please go get help.

Follow this advice, good luck.

Hi Some, I'm new here as well. I feel you.
First, I agree with Mad. Second, mixing Opiates and Benzoids is not good at all.
My first round with Opiates I was the closet pill head, working and raising three teenagers. Then I got caught and my husband almost left me.
The second round was two years use for Leukemia and addiction once again. I finally quit last year.
Please don't let this rule your life. You deserve better. Forgiving yourself will make it easier, it did for me.

You really should act on Mads advice. He speaks the truth. Better to do it now than wait. I'm 32 and I wish I would have gotten my shit together a long time ago. Of course knowing what I know now, I know I wouldn't have been able to do it alone.
Seek help. Get a support system and good luck.

Mad gave you really good advise buddy, I would listen to what he said and take it to heart. I've been a full blown off and on heroin addict since I was 14 (I'm now 24, so 10 years) and believe me you're at the point where you can make a change and turn your life around. You DO NOT want to go down to the road that all of us here that have posted have gone down....quit while you're still able to bub. Or at the very least try and work on it. After being on subs for 7 months now, I can honestly say that life without the whole drug game is absolutely fantastic...I wish you the best bub. Good luck buddy

You might want to see a therapist or psychiatrist about that anxiety but I would personally deny all the drug abuse and focus on the problems that are holding you back in life and driving you to drug use instead of going in and saying you do drugs.

So basically you will get treated like shit if you tell them you did all those drugs. Sounds like you go anxiety and well I have been there.

Talking to someone should help but it may take a while to get comfortable with it.

No, there is nothing that needs to be said in private between us that I can think of.

Idk how long you've been here you don't have to be such a dick.

DM makes a point though speaking from experience drug users get treated like shit in the mental and medical healthcare system. Especially in the midwest.

What is going on here? This thread is nearly a month old, why did you feel it necessary to resurrect it? I just want to make sure it is not being brought back up for some kind of grievance. If there is any particular problem please take it up with a moderator. other wise the only bumps in this thread should be from the OP needing more help. Or a member with new information that can help OP with original situation.