• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dihydracodeine - Hyperdosing

Mr Limey

Greenlighter
I have been on prescribed dihydracodeine 30th for approximately 9 months. Not supposed to take more than 8 in one day but I take 15 first thing in the morning. Helps my back enormously. However, the feeling of well being is what I enjoy. I actually have energy and va va voom for most of the day. My doctor just keeps giving me 100 a week instead of making me wait the 12 1/2 days they are supposed to last. I'm concerned that if she changes her mind I'm gonna have a serious withdrawal problem.

What do you think?

the way youre dosing, youre gonna experience withdrawals for sure. if this is your first rattle it wont be tooooo bad, but youre playing with fire here.

this is how i got started, with dhc. now ive just finished rehab for heroin. if youre gonna be on them for life, youll be okay, but your tolerance will take away or greatly reduce the euphoria eventually. maybe try saving them for when youre in pain.

IF you are taking 15 x 30mg tablets which you probably are as that is what DHC come pressed in then it's still not a lot compared to a powerful opiate such as Oxycodone or even Heroin. You only absorb about 60-80% of DHC taken orally and it is 10 times less potent than Morphine.

However, you will be building up a tolerance and each day that "feeling great" thing will diminish and you will need to take 20, then 25 etc etc. You are already being dependent on them to make you feel good and not to just control your pain as you admitted. What is worse is that when you stop you will not only miss that good feeling, you will feel like a bag of shit.

Do a little test.... don't take your dose tomorrow, take a big dose of other non-opioid to help with your back though but see what other symptoms you get. E.g runny eyes, runny nose, slight loose stools. That's withdrawal.

There is a good reason why they say 8 a day as a maximum dose.

Iv got 2 x10mg mst ir i know it's a tiny dose but iv also got about 30x30mg dihydracodeine do you think if I take both mst's and a few extra dhc il get any kind of recreational buzz?

Iv got 2 x10mg mst ir i know it's a tiny dose but iv also got about 30x30mg dihydracodeine do you think if I take both mst's and a few extra dhc il get any kind of recreational buzz?

It varies. For some reason I could get high off codeine phosphate but now I've got codeine phosphate hemihydrate and even large doses (i.e. 450 mg) doesn't get me high for some reason. And, no, it's not a tolerance issue.

Well yeah you are gonna be in huge trouble if your doc decides to cut you off, or the DEA decides to put the brakes on this excessive prescribing. You shouldn't push your luck but i don't blame you if you can't help but keep taking advantage of this situation, opiates are insidious.