Brag About An Upcoming or Recent Gig Ver. You call that shit music??

they opened with "movin' on up" and closed with "come together" :)

alasdair

Nice!

What's the Fillmore like, as a venue?
It's one of Bill Graham's legendary old clubs, right?

I'm going to see a great band called Custard tonight, but only a certain demographic of Australian posters will have even heard of them.
Still, i'm excited about it - i've seen them twice before; I saw them as a youngster in about 1997 or 98 - and then again in April this year.

[video=youtube_share;spwqQ8ylg-U]http://youtu.be/spwqQ8ylg-U[/video]

^^ I love that song.

Didn't realise they were playing around again. Not surprised, though.

Saw a French outfit called The Liminanas last night and they were magnifique!

Nick Cave this Sunday night. On crutches so hoping i can get my general admission swapped for a seated ticket.

Bonnie Raitt next Saturday and the ticket was free.:)

^^^nice

I'm in San Diego for a few days. Might go see the infamous stringdusters at the belly up tonight. I don't really care for them too much but I haven't been to the belly up in years, so......maybe.

Saw an outfit called Sodastream release a new album after a 12 year hiatus. Doubt anyone around here except spacejunk (they're originally from WA) would know them but they were a favourite of mine, and I am happy to announce the new album is every bit as good as their earlier stuff so I'm relieved and rapt.

Oh fuck! I missed that :(

Sodastream are fucking amazing.
Good mate of mine engineered most of their (and karl smith's) albums back in the day.
Nice.

Ha ha, glad you like them, sj. They played a great gig that interspersed the new material with their old gems, and the new stuff is great. Such a fantastic band, and a couple of ripper blokes, too.

Yeah, they're one of the greatest bands to come out of perth in the 90s

I actually saw their last gig in fremantle 12 years ago

Been meaning to drop by and say hi btw, will do so soon...

Slayer, Lamb of God and Behemoth are coming to my town which is essentially a hippie town that generally gets no major acts. Gee I wonder if I should get tickets? =D

Last edited:
^No way, that would suck. :D

Slayer and Behemoth? fuck yep.

Rocket Science next weekend.
Teenage Fanclub the weekend after that.

going to see radiohead live at the greek theatre in berkeley in april. a band i have always wanted to see live at one of my favourite venues in the world:

greek-theatre-night.jpg

alasdair

The Greek in Berkeley is definitely a top 3 outdoor venue for me. Hell, the one in LA is pretty cool too. Have fun, Ali. I have really tried with Radiohead and even seen them a few times, but they just don't really jive with me. Oh well.

We got 420 fest coming up here in Atlanta. Trey Band, Widespread, Ween, Dark Star and some other good bands. It's gonna be a shit show. I'm mainly excited to see Ween. I haven't seen them since they split.

Just coped some dirt cheap lil wayne tickets just because I've only been to death metal shows/hippy fests and I do love (some) wheezy. I'm excited for my first rap concert and this time I'm going to forgo the LSD to avoid getting dog piled on by both police and security guards as occurred last year when I attempted to see ASAP rocky at the same venue. This guy ain't causing no problems this time%)