Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut / 500mg - beginner - trying something new for anxiety

noone1

Bluelighter
A couple of weeks ago I ordered some phenibut intrigued by the concept of a legal, safer alternative to benzos.

Really benzos do nothing for my anxiety I just like having them around as peace of mind in case I get a panic attack. I had to transfer doctors and the new one absolutely refuses to prescribe benzos for any reason, which blows since for the most part I never used them I just like having them around "just in case" I wish I had lied to my old doctor and stockpiled when I had the chance.

Anyways I ordered a 100G of supposedly 99.5% pure phenibut and was pretty excited when it got here. I scooped out 500mg (which in terms of size is about the same as taking a pill, I was surprised what small amounts I needed to take) and set it dry on my tounge and then swigged it down. It tasted like swallowing salt nothing too unpleasant.

I'm going to skip over the part where I had a panic attack. Even high doses of benzos have given me panic attacks before. I'm just that anxious and I have a medication phobia.

They say it can take up to 5 hours to kick in but I felt it in about 1 keep in mind I am extremely sensitive to medications and their side effects. After an hour I feel a sudden calm peace overtake me, everything is very relaxing but at the same time I'm very clearheaded. It's like being on a large dose of valium but non-euphoric and your focused and all there.

This stuff is pretty good but has many drawbacks, it doesn't take as long to kick in for me as other people but I still haven't used it for a panic attack so I'm not sure how useful it's going to be for that. Obviously you have to take more as tolerance builds up. I've kept with the rule of waiting at least two days between dosing, it's the same one I have with alcohol as I am terrified of GABA withdrawal.

That said: the headaches on this stuff really worry me. I always seem to get headaches on it even at doses of 250mg. For me it seems more like a hangover type thing but my partner actually gets headaches from the product itself, they're so bad that they pull them out of sleep. I've read it's the phenibut affecting changes to the brain but I'm not so sure. This is one of the biggest drawbacks of this product.

I'm not sure what I was expecting. I've never gotten any benefit from Gaba products for my severe social anxiety and this is no different. The first time I took it I was chit-chatting and speaking my mind more I'll admit but I would have to keep on really high amounts for this to be consistent. It is pretty good for my generalized anxiety and insomnia but I've never been too worried about that.

most gaba supplemnts dont cross brain blood barrier, phenibut does. been using it no more than 2x's a week since 2005. ive taking months and even years break and rarely have used it. i used 500 mgs on friday night. ive used 1000 before and the difference between 500 and 1000 for my body is a lot. 500 seems to work fine for me. 1000 mgs puts me into the deepest sleep

most gaba supplemnts dont cross brain blood barrier, phenibut does. been using it no more than 2x's a week since 2005. ive taking months and even years break and rarely have used it. i used 500 mgs on friday night. ive used 1000 before and the difference between 500 and 1000 for my body is a lot. 500 seems to work fine for me. 1000 mgs puts me into the deepest sleep

do you get the headaches too?

This stuff is interesting to mix with other drugs not much on its own. No headaches when mixed with opiates.

not so much, maybe a lil heavy head when I wake up or beginning or the day. Nothing too severe.

havent used opiates myself except maybe prescribed by doc if I need em, even then got some hydrocodones a while back and felt funny