• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain doc prescribed 120, 5/325 and already used 33 pills in 2 days

Speed King

Bluelighter
I just got prescribed Percocet 5/325 pills for fibromyalgia and I used a total of 75mg and 90mg over first two days.
I can and have to lower dose to 15 mg per day for remainder of month.
I'm not sure why tolerance so high.
What would be a logical step up medicine wise.
I'm looking for something stronger that lasts longer.

Any suggestions that I can run by Pain Management would be greatly appreciated.
I was already thinking about low dose Opana ER

Take it slow, I would try to up to 7.5 but geeez homie.....Just try to take it slow. It would break my heart to hear something happened to you.:)

Wow dude that's a lot! Take it easy man. Your liver is taking a beating from all the acetaminophen. Almost 11g in 2 days. Your defienety going to run out early. At this point if your going to continue using you Better do a CWE. I can't tell you how to get pills but what I say is "Tylenol hurts me stomach".

Good luck, wish you the best

As stated, you have to be very careful when dealing with acetaminophen (APAP), your second ingredient. Although they say that 4g a day is safe, it only holds if your liver is healthy and you aren't a drinker; it's also only for short-term, long-term 4g/day is still bad for your liver because of the buildup of the drug and its metabolite and depletion of agents that neutralize it. For your own safety, it's better to do a cold water extraction or get something without APAP in it.

About a year ago, I ad the same problem. I had Percocet 5/325, but my dose for pain was 40mg/day. I ended up stopping, for a whole year.

I'm not strung out, so 15mg max is what I'll do from here on out. I still have 87 tabs, so maybe I'll cwe a few.

I did switch to plain old oxycodone tabs, but I didn't like. The pain relif was different. The Tylenol has a big part in it. The Percocet felt much different then the plain old Oxycodone.

Anyway, I'll chill out. I promise. I don't want to fuck up my liver.
My question is, would Opana be a logical step up from Percocet?
I was thinking low dose ER version

What do you think?

Thing about opana is it's low bioavailability. If you were to take It orally it would only be 2xs stronger.

I had a Opana ER , 7mg or smaller, twice. I thought it was plenty strong and sedating. It was like the Clonazepam of opiates. I didn't consider it weak. This was a while ago.

It seems like at the minimum I need 30mg/Percocet for pain. I currently am prescribed 20mg total per day. I can handle 40-60mg oxycodone.

What would be a good Opana ER. Dose?
Is there any other type of medicine that is similar?

I'm in pain managment for Fibro and Lupus, I would ask if you could up your oxy dosage past 5mg per pill. Maybe go up a level. Also, the Fentanyl patch is perfect. Wear it and use the Percs for breakthrough. If you're in a horrid amount of pain one day, cut a little strip from a new patch and stick it in your upper lip. Try not to do it until you've passed your breaking point or it could become a bear of an addiction (Been there) I know exactly what you mean though. There is NO predictability with Fibro. One day you can feel fine, but the next your popping pain meds like Skittles just to get by. I took all of my Norco in two weeks and now I have to wait 13 more days for more. UGHH. At least I have my patch and a shit ton of Gabapentin. My Fibro is greatly helped by Gaba. I have no experience with Opana, but I was on an XR version of Morphine before they took it off the market. It didn't really help and I ended up crushing those little beads and abusing them.
Also, when you have Fibro or any other chronic pain/ illness.. those few days that you feel wonderful are priceless. Fibro is intolerable on a good day, but GRUELING most of the time. It's hard not to overdue things that make you feel better.

AquaMergirl, I fortunately have Gabapentin and Lyrica to use w/the Percocet. I like the effect I get with the combination.
Right now, I'm trying how to(within reason) get the most out of the pain medication.
I will consider going up to say a 10/325 Percocet. I think I would be happy with 40 mg/ oxycodone a day.
I made a deal with this doctor that I would only see her for like 4 months and transfer to a doctor that treats chronic pain. We have a relationship from a year ago when I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My plan is to get set with a nice amount of medicine that actually works, so when I transfer over to the chronic pain doctor, I already established myself with a certain level of pain medication and not have to start over so to speak.

I try to be delicate when speaking medication to the doctor. I'm not sure if she would go for both an IR pain med and an ER which I think may help me longer.
This is why I asked about the Opana. I feel it is both stronger and mellower then oxycodone. I am new to this.

most "regular docs" wont put you on er meds you will probably have to wait the 4 months then you can bring them up to the pain management doctor. just my .02

The doctor prescribing my Percocet is a Pain Management doctor. I will simply be switching to a new one shortly. That's why I am desiring to get to a nice dose of medication before I switch to another doctor.

im sorry i misunderstood. i have a question for you. why is your pain management doc prescribing you long term narcotics with APAP i see a lot of people taking norco/percs/ultracet for years why is this.

I don't know. Easy to adjust dosage?
I would prefer an ER medication, but I'm guessing to guage my pain level?
Do you know about opana

I get 10/325 x60/month for chronic headache relief. And ALWAYS tend to run out early. When you feel like your head is going to explode and you have a perc to take but you are not supposed to because you can only 2 a day, it is really hard to not when all you want is the pain in your head to stop. I tried a 20mg ER Opana from a friend and it did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe because headache doesn't need ER, not sure. But I thought it would help and it did not. Anyway, just my 2 cents...I really hope you find something to work for you.

The doctor prescribing my Percocet is a Pain Management doctor. I will simply be switching to a new one shortly. That's why I am desiring to get to a nice dose of medication before I switch to another doctor.

Why are they making you switch doctors? why doesn't the first one want to treat you anymore?

these fucking doctors have just been so scared by the antidrug crusaders, lawsuits, ODs.

if i had to guess...as a chronic pain patient, there are very few doctors that are cool with having a patient on permanent opiate meds. you have to really find the ones that are either A) understanding B) greedy

i used to have cancer. She used to treat me during my chemotherapy . She really is suppose to treat people w/ bad cancer. She said I had 4 months. She is pretty cool. I'm going to ask her to raise my dose and give me ER med.

The best combo that I'm familiar with is a 60mg daily oxycodone with a 30mg ER Opana also daily. Really seems to be pain relieving and if recreation is a goal, it works well there too.. Just never drink alcohol while on Opana, you will nod seriously. Also the Opana is very addicting and the withdrawals are dreadful. Much worse than oxycodone in my opinion.