• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone as a social drug

Apollo16

Bluelighter
Last night I went to a party after having taken 20mg of oral oxycodone. I acted in a very confident and loud manner, and made many new friends. This is a massive difference from my reserved shy sober persoanlity. I found it even more social than alcohol, in fact I reckon was making drunk people at the party look antisocial. Does anyone else find oxycodone to be a good social drug?

Absolutely but like any opiate or opioid there are diminishing returns.

Yes of course. feels amazing and releses a lot of dopamine. You feel good and are confident cause anything you do is the "right" thing to do. It's also semi stimulating opaite. Especially when snorted. Now it's not the best choice though as if you take to much you'll be wanting to nod out in the corner. Also oxy makes me an asshole sometimes. Plus it's very addicting.

It's a very social drug.. But iv seen it ruin people's lives too. As it can be very addicting..

I'm not here for a DARE lecture, but a discussion on oxycodones social properties.

^Being polite to other members might encourage discussion. I would've said exactly the same as the above posters,- lol, diminishing returns..absolutely.

Rtp

Yes but it doesn't last long. Once you get hooked you won't give a shit anymore.

Its very social at first. Then... well this story has been told time and time again. You end up like me and many others STRUNG THE FUCK OUT wondering how this nasty cycle (being sick, the opiate run around, finally relief, and the cycle repeats) started in the first place. It usually leads to a lifetime of struggles.

I know for me it turned from being social at first to being antisocial pretty fast.

I say find other ways to be social unless you really want to dance with the devil be very very careful set boundaries for your use (once a month) and when you do abuse your own boundaries quit right then and take a long break.

Not trying to give lectures but B.L is about harm reduction

OP, don't take offense to the warnings. You have to remember, everyone here has been where you are now and have traveled further down the path, only to find that "it's a wasteland here".

Try to moderate your use and keep "rules" that if broken require major adjustments. If you can manage to do that, you'll get the most out of the positive effects you're shooting for vs. the negative effects which inevitably come about.

I started using oxymorphone for antianxiety because benzos became too expensive. Yeah, it worked for becoming social, and it never really stopped working. But, at some point opiates kinda just turn you into a lackadaisical socializer at best, as in you don't really give two shits whether someone talks to you or not. You'll talk to them if they talk to you, but it won't be the exciting sociability you were looking for in the beginning. I quit 4-5 months ago and I'm now scripted benzos. If you want something for social anxiety, don't use a drug that induces euphoria, but rather a drug in the benzodiazepine class which just does it's job and that's it.

Opiates are the greatest thing in the entire fucking world...and the worst. The love hate relationship never ends. They tend to leave you fucked up with nothing but an ache from head to toe.

I don't like oxy but hydrocodone is super social for me. I wish I could just do them a few times a week but I love them too much. When I have them I eat them till they're gone.

oxy can definitely be used to curb social anxiety and make you more social and more interesting, as long as you dont take to much to start nodding out haha.

I struggle with social anxiety. It certainly effects my day to day life. As a person who enjoys drugs, I have found, through self experimentation, that it's usually best to accept the feeling of anxiety; acknowledge the feeling, understand it, and embrace it. This is the only way I have grown through some of my social anxiety. And this is not to say that mindfulness rids me of anxiety, or any other unpleasant emotional phenomena, only that it is the only way I have truly worked myself through tough situations.

There are situations I simply would not have made it through, or would have participated in at all, without some sort of medication. These situations effect me to this day.

As for opiates, I would say it is EXTREMELY unwise to consider using them as an anxiety med.. especially for people that deal with anxiety as seemingly constantly as I. That said, I find opiates enjoyable, and have experimented with them a lot, but they are for sure not a class of chemical I feel an affinity towards like I have heard described on this site.

Drugs are fun, drugs can help, drugs can hurt, and drugs are scary...

Inform yourself, as much as possible, and seek the help of a professional, for your social anxiety problems. Most importantly, look into yourself. You can be your biggest help with these issues, even if the only help you receive is understanding.

oxy is great for socializing but it's too short acting. I'm high for 2 hours then I either need an upper to get me into the party or I just get the opiate rage and don't enjoy myself.

Once you start using opiates for therapeutic reasons, you start having trouble. Social situations included. Sorry for the DARE lecture.

I can attest to this, when my g/f and i were using heroin there would be some nights where she wouldnt shut up, like for 4 hours nonstop like she was incapable of not thinking out loud. Shes normally kind of shy and quiet though she has her days where she likes to talk however, heroin made it more likely that she would talk to anyone who would listen.

Dont get me wrong i love talking to her but there were times where that was just too much :)

yes this is totally normal. at my high school graduation banquet i took three percs 15mgs oxycodone (my tolerance was very low) and 20 minutes later i came out of my shell and was the most funny person there. making people laugh, talking with people about their problems etc. then when the parents started to give their speeches i was in the most blissful of nods. just thought id share my experience.

At times it can be this way; but if you take enough, or you have zero or low tolerance you will nod, or just want to sit and scratch your itchy and nauseous body. Or that's what I mainly did when I would take low doses of pharm opiates. Other times depending on the environment I would get social or even exercise while on them.

Stay safe. Don't drink or take benzos on opiates, and be careful since they're highly addictive. Smoking pot while on them is fine and is synergistic with the opiates.