• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I need help figuring out Opiate and Benzodiazepine tolerance!

Speed King

Bluelighter
I was in the hospital getting conscious sedation.
They gave me 3mg IV midazolam and 150mcg IV Fentanyl over 1hour. I want to figure out how strong that is.

I currently take Percocet 5/325 for pain and 3mg Klonopin/day for anxiety.

If it was up to me i'd take the IV midazolam/fentanyl daily. It feels great.
I don't think the IV doses are that high, but can someone give me an idea how strong it is?
Thanks.

150mcg Fent is a high dose. It's humongous compared to the Perc 5s you're taking. As for the midazolam I'm not sure. I'm right there with you. I'd take that IV fent daily if possible. ahhhh.....

I did have an anesthesiologist with me in the hospital. That stuff kicked in instantly. I stayed high the rest of the evening from that fentanyl/midazolam.

I was in withdrawal from Fent for the past 3 weeks. The physical withdrawal only lasts for about 3-4 days if you go cold turkey. Intense as hell though. The PAWS was the worst part. I was cheeking the patch and decided to start trying to wear them again.
That IV sounds amazing. I'd have been looking for reasons to stay in the hospital! lol

I had a port implanted in my chest for chemotherapy. I have since beat cancer, but conscious sedation is the way you get that combo.

Can someone give me an idea how strong 150mcg of fentanyl is compared to oxycodone?

Well I got 100mcg and had a "toleracne" That was 25mg of Oxy. The fent made me nod pretty hard. This is when I broke my leg so even with pain I was nodding. If that gives you anything to go off of

Edit: they did shoot me up with 6-8mg of morphine on the way there also.

Epiper888, thanks for the reply. That gives me a pretty decient idea. When I had 150mcg fentanyl with 3mg Midazolam, even when they were done, I was buzzed for another 6-8 hours. I guess I have a decient tolerance then.

150mcg of Fentanyl is about the same as 25mg Oxycodone but assuming the Fentanyl was IV and Oxy oral. Fentanyl is about 100 times more potent.

The fentanyl was IV. The midazolam was also IV at the same time, so I don't know what kind of increase that caused.
I should let my pain doc know I can handle 150mcg fent IV, lol.

I'm just trying to justify telling my pain doctor I can handle at least 20mg oxycodone 4 times a day for pain relief.