• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Site to search drugs by exact receptors

Synaps3

Bluelighter
I am looking for a chemical search engine where you check off the various receptors and it finds drugs/chemicals that fit that profile. Anything like this?

I don't think that exists.. the issue is that molecules don't just either bind/not bind, they bind with varying affinities, and through different mechanisms, and often there is no definitive answer on a binding profile.

You can type the receptor into wikipedia and it will give you the ligands along with their nanomolar affinities

Well, I think it would be very useful to have something where it gives you a list of check boxes and you check off each receptor. Then you can select agonist/antagonist, etc. Then you type a number in a box next to each receptor for an affinity threshold > X amount and hit search. I'm surprised this doesn't exist already. Maybe Im a bit too naive about the complexity, but I think it would be possible.

like aced said, wikipedia should be enough. at the bottom of a wiki page of a certain receptor, you will usually see a box that you can click and see it.

i just went to the 5-HT2 receptor wiki page and at the bottom there's a box that you can expand it says "Serotonergics". go there check it out, might be what you're looking for...

I think you may have stumbled onto your lifes work mister synapse. You may become wealthy....and of course you can mail me all your pocket change, since you will be wealthy and no longer need quarters pennies and nickels....even the good old trusty dime.