• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(acid(25i) and dxm/ 20+ trips, one dxm trip)- will psychedelics make me crazy?

rockstarpower

Greenlighter
hello, i have been experimenting with rc for about a month and a half, i havent taken any for about two weeks.
during mostly every acid trip i had there was this feeling that i was a bit insane, reality is so distant during trips that i felt i could easily be in a crazy home even though i thought i was with my friends at a park. i wasnt super worried about latent psychosis up until i did a bottle of dxm(delsym) but ive had a bit of a crazy streak in life anyways so im not sure if im vulnerable to a psychotic break.

when taking acid im used to feeling a bit crazy but i always fight it off (should I?)
after i wake up i always feel close to normal with no signs of insanity

when i took dxm it lasted forever! the trippy crazy feeling didint start until i had a daytime smokeout with my two friends i was robotripping with at another friends house.
we all (me and my two friends) felt the exact same trip which was scary and comforting.
i can best explain it this way: we felt totally animated and as if nothing was real, we felt as if we were having a great time dying, and everything was beautiful and slightly off.

i went to sleep that night (still feeling pretty strong affects) and when i woke up i felt completely the same! i was with my family so i was freaking out a bit inside and just hoped not to get too detached from things, it wasnt as strong as the crazy feeling during the smokeout but it was scarier because i used to view sleep as a cure all. it took me about four days to fully recover and i want to know if its a possibilty that ill go crazy on these drugs (mostly dxm) or is this feeling of being crazy normal for early users. i also want to know if its ok for me to fully embrace the feeling of tripping and not be distracted by keeping myself grounded in realty

Psychedelics might make you crazy yet, but if they had been going to make you crazy, it probably would have already happened to you by now.

25i in my experience lingers around along time. After i dosed 25i i would get strong flashbacks when smoking weed or doing other drugs in the days after, especially a dissociative like DXM.

Additionally what lengthened your experience was the fact that delsym contains DXM polistirex which can last quite a bit longer than regular DXM hbr.

Both of these drugs tend to send you into strong insanity-type head spaces, if you desire a cleaner psychedelic experience stick with real acid or shroomies.

P.S 25i is not acid