• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Butalbital (barbituate) and Xanax?

TannerBananner

Greenlighter
I am recently prescribed Butalbital 50mg/40mg caffeine/325aspirin capsules for tension headaches, and I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take some Yellow 2MG Xanax bars today? I took Butalbital yesterday, but remember hearing it has a VERY long half life, so would be dangerous to take Xanax today? Would I be more likely to black out, fall asleep, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I changed your post because Bluelight doesn't allow talk of animals taking drugs or speaking in the third person.
Moving to Basic Drug Discussion.

the caffeine in the Fioricet will offset the sedation caused by the Xanax a little bit. However, 2mg of Xanax may still be a lot. I've been prescribed this medicine myself. I suggest taking 1mg Xanax till you are completely used to the Fioricet. The Fioricet can be surprisingly strong when combined.

Butalbital is fairly weak, but it is a barbiturate, which, when combined with other drugs, especially CNS depressants, it can be a big contributing factor to overdose. So it's probably not a good idea to combine barbiturates and benzodiazepines, but if you insist on doing it, try your best to keep your dosages reasonable. I wouldn't take any more than the 2mg of alprazolam (Xanax) on top of your butalbital.

I see that the last time you took butalbital was yesterday, so, even with the long half-life of the drug, you are probably in the clear to dose a reasonable amount of alprazolam. Like I said though, try to avoid using both at the same time.

I took fioricet for first time- no painful side effects. Second time made me so sick to my stomach with nausea and ab pain. What is a proven cure for this? Need help; have migraine and have to take it.
I've tried pepto, Zantac, bitters and soda. Stomach seemed to start to bother me more and more as the Toradol shot they gave me wore off. Any suggestions? Injectable?