MDMA during a panic attack

simco

Bluelight Crew
Thought about posting this in Empathogenic Drugs, but ended up thinking DS is more appropriate [mods, of course feel free to move it.]

So I'm in the midst of a serious fucking panic attack--first *real* one in my life. It's been coming for about a day and hit hard about three hours ago. But--and this is important--I'm in close care by a very trusted psychiatrist. We're in close contact and I'm well cared for. If things get out of hand, I'll go to the emergency room. I'm not a danger to myself or others, as they say.

My question is: I'm considering taking MDMA, basically as self-medication. Should I not do this? I suspect the answer is, no. But I'm hoping I might be wrong.

If I continue to cope with this at home, letting the panic attack run its course, is there much chance that taking MDMA would alleviate some of the pain?

I'll also stress, I'm a total noob to MDMA. I'm a recovering heroin addict, so I've been around the block many times. But MDMA was never my thing. I'm so fucking awful right now, though, I'm thinking it might give some relief.

Thanks for any advice.

NO! Set and setting are extremely important with MDMA. If wait until your feeling better and then dose ur MDMA. Panic attacks usually pass before meds can even take effect so I'd just wait it out.

Thanks. Yeah, prolly best to wait it out. Pity, though.

I definitely feel ur pain man, if I had a roll that shit would be eaten on site!! I'm old and can't find that shit anymore though, damn shame :(

Actually, I'm fuckin old. It's unusual for it to come my way.

Thanks again.

Lucky ducky sim! How'd u come across it? Do u know some young stoners or something? Just curious cause it's been over a decade since I've even seen a pill. Tried that Molly crap but it was shit compared to the old 90s rolls...

You nailed it, basically.

Hopefully I'll be in a good head space so I can grab the good fortune.

-sim

Haaaa! Sweet brother! If u can dude write up a little trip report here when u dose so us other old guys can live vicariously through you! Enjoy man, I'm mad jealous...

Last edited:
just thought i'd point out that MDMA is a drug that you don't want to take so lightly. when abused it can be very bad for your mental health

thanks, @neurotic. you're right: part of the reason i've never done MDMA is because i know it *is* a serious deal. i wrote my original approach during a freight-train of a panic attack. thankfully that's passed now.

neurotic is right, mdma is not a drug that you should take lightly. I learned the hard way and suffered for about a year for being careless. IMO, with your current situation, MDMA is not the best solution, how about trying something natural like exercising, meditation or yoga?

Anyone reading should Listen closely to these guys replies they are giving the right advice. MDMA is best taken for therapy reasons with a clear purpose and at least one other participant, it's an empathogen / communal experience. plus you need someone straight (trip sitter) who is knowledgeable and trained to be with you to make sure everyone sticks to the topics of the session. You must go through pre session discussions to see if first just by standard therapy you can reach the goal, it also helps to familiarise yourself with the set and setting and ensures you know before the actual drug therapy you are in a safe and familiar place. First question to always ask - why do MDMA if you can actually reach a point of self realisation regarding your feelings without it. drugs for just doing drugs as therapy, sorry but that's Always a no no. Drugs are the last option. MDMA's benefit is removal of ego so that you can openly discuss with others your feelings about them or an event which has caused mental issues such as PTSD.

as always, i'm amazed by the amount and quality of advice from BL. thanks, everyone! a couple things:

1. i take a shit-ton of zoloft (Rx'ed) daily, and hadn't realized that this would all but negate the MDMA. so i won't be doing it in the foreseeable future.
2. @Maya, i'm there with you. i just finished reading John Kabat-Zinn's book, Full Catastrophe Living, and am trying to do the mindfulness/meditation program he advocates.

^I still get ocassional anxiety/panic attacks and you have nooo idea how many times I got tempted to maybe just take mdma again and get it over with but im glad i didnt give in! Thanks to will power and mindfulness practices and exercise!