• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants My personal adderall and vyvanse dosing recommendations

xbearsx32

Greenlighter
Hey guys,
Little introduction to me. I'm an experienced amphetamine user and just got prescribed vyvanse. I copy and pasted this from another forum, looking to get more feedback. If anyone has their own dosing recommendations, id love to hear them.

VYVANSE: If it is your first time taking vyvanse, even if youre looking for recreational effects, I would say just take one 40 mg or 50 mg capsule. You will be fine if you take 60 or 70 mg, but sleeping and eating will be extremely hard. If you're experienced taking stimulants, in which case you don't really need my advice, I would say 100 mg is probably the golden dose, at least for me. If you take this before noon, you will get nicely spun, but by 2 or 3 will most likely be able to get some sleep. First timers DO NOT exceed 100 mg. There is absolutely no reason to, 50 will be a good time and 100 will be an INTENSE experience, but still easy to recover from.

ADDERALL: My experience is with adderall instant release, so that's what I'll cover. Again, for first timers, less than you may think will do the trick. 30 mg adderall ir will be a nice high, and sleeping and eating won't be too hard at all. 40 or 50 mg will be slightly more intense, but still fine. For a first timer I would say there is no need to go above 60 mg. You will likely get jaw clench and the second half of your experience will be unpleasant. For experienced adderall users, I have discovered lately that ~75 mg is my golden dose. Anything above 80 mg is overkill. Definite jaw clench, and you won't be able to eat or sleep.

What do you guys think of that info? Did I leave anything out or do you disagree? As always I'd love to hear anyone's feedback.

Thanks fellas and thanks ladies,
Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
Every morning I take 40 mg vyvanse and 20mg adderall ir. If I take even 10mg IR in the afternoon it turns me into a robot and I feel like shit. This dosage is my sweet spot. Been on it for thre months and the one time I took 80mg it was extraordinarily intense and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. I've never ben one to fuck around with amps beyond theraputic dosages. It scares the hell out of me. If only I were he same way when it comes to benzos and opiates...

Also, my appetite has returned now. I no longer have that intense appetite suppression, which is nice. I can also sleep at night now. The insomna for the first two months sucked. I've very happy with vyvanse. It, for me, is far superior to adderall XR. The addy IR's are still valuable to me, but I also don't abuse them. and only in small doses 20 mg max.

Pretty high dosing recommendations IMO.

For a first-timer 20-30 mg of lisdexamfetamine is more than enough. 10-15 mg of Adderall would be a decent dose as well for someone with no tolerance.
40-60 mg of Adderall with no tolerance is almost certainly too much and this will be manifested in unwanted side-effects (jittery, unable to focus, bruxism, insomnia, complete loss of appetite, etc.).

Me personally I have a bit of a tolerance, to the point where Vyvanse is not even worth trying to get high off of, but 30-60 mg will still make for a good and productive day. With Adderall i'm good off 20-40 mg of the extended release formula, but it is a good bit more euphoric, and at times I've slipped up and popped a couple more 20's throughout the day. I'm trying to stay off the amps these days though, as their so easy to become reliant on and tolerance forms so rapidly, I actually haven't even refilled my Vyvanse script in a good while.

I'm coming from more of a functional standpoint though. I guess if someone's just trying to get high though your dosages wouldn't be too far off.

Last edited:
Nothing as personal as dosage of drugs. There's parameters like weight, tolerance, chemical constitution in the brain (a world of parameters on its own), desired effect, etc, that make it impossible to make general recommendations. Tolerance alone could account for a deviance of up to 5000% to experience a given effect(Yes that means 50 times as much)

I'm afraid it makes very little sense to say "X mg of drug X is the perfect dosage" without adding "for me, last time I tried."

My use (adderall) is not for recreational, so this may not be applicable. I have, however, taken some to jump start my day when I didn't have an academic or work endeavor, so I guess that could be viewed as recreational--likely very subjective.

My kickstart is 40mg. Then, to the advice I've seen from others (to maintain stamina in one's chosen activity), I will take another 20mg to 30mg three hours later, then generally, from there, every three to four hours take 20mg-30mg. I have never exceeded 120mg (at least that I can recall) in 1 day.

I also supplement this with other OTC supplements and sometimes a benzo or two (the latter is not worth it though--terrible drugs to get off even if one is judicious in following the recommended doses).

Most importantly, however, I think could be the health of a person--in body, mind, and age. Those variables would certainly (I imagine) play a pretty decent factor in determining 1. the average use of other users and 2. what is appropriate/safe for them (recreationally or otherwise).

Just to add -- they are IR, and for a very first timer...looking back, and assuming one is around age 18-50 and generally healthy, I think for non-recreational, 10mg IR would be a good start, and recreationally, perhaps 20mg. The latter, however, might be a tad high, but I imagine within safety assuming the person is young (enough - lol) and healthy.

Great point MonoThom, that's probably the best thing to take away from this thread.

I have no knowing what other people find best for them, so it is kind of impossible for people on a forum to give a recommendation. I can give my experience though. I have a prescription for 10 mg ir and 20 mg xr a day. Though, sometimes I'll take two xr or an ir in the morning and again in the afternoon. Generally, this is enough and I'm taking it to improve performance though the buzz is a nice added bonus, and I generally feel pretty good after taking it. No side effects at all aside from the crash when it wears off. If I'm not doing anything in particular or have a light workload, sometimes I don't take it at all or just take one. So, sometimes I'll take one or half of one in the evening if I need to be very productive. I feel the effects of it at around 10mg though.

Interestingly though, I have taken like 60 milligrams once when I was in college..... and like 50 once when the pharmacy gave me extra pills by mistake. Overall, it honestly didn't feel much different than my usual dose, just kind of a mild buzz and stimulation. Nothing crazy happened aside from being up all night until dawn. The first time I took adderall, was the time in college when I took 60 milligrams, and I felt slightly paranoid and quite tweaked out, more so than my usual dose. But nothing crazy happened, I slept at night as I took it in the morning.

Though, I will say after taking those very high doses every day for a few days during finals week, I just started to feel generally pretty bad. Just a very sleep deprived and wired feeling. The reason why I was taking so much was that the guy I bought it from (as my ADD was undiagnosed though I already pretty much knew I had it at the time, so I was getting it from a friend) would always take very large doses of whatever he was taking. At the time, I didn't realize I was taking too much, just felt kind of sped up until after a few days, I just began to feel worn out. If I had a doctor who started me on that dose, I likely would have stopped taking it as it was a rather unpleasant feeling.

This has been my experience with it, but it varies a lot for everyone. Some people find that just 10 milligrams has them feeling it was too strong. Others find that they need high doses. So, it's impossible to say there's no way one person can say what dosage would be best for other people. It simply varies so much, but with any substance it's best to use a very low dose if you've never used it before and see how you feel. Not just with adderall but with any substance you take, whether it's a pill, natural substance, or something else entirely.

Ive been using recreationally so long i dont even remember what a beginner should dose so i can only speak for experienced users.

I would agree on 80-120mg as a nice dose of vyvanse when you have a tolerance.
Any more than this and I believe your body reaches the point where it cannot metabolize any faster so it doesnt make you feel better just makes the duration uncomfortably long. Have had bad experiences with doses beyond 200mg /day.

Adderall is not my favorite but i would say 60-70mg IR for experienced users.

I can also say for Ritalin 80 mg IR is enough with my tolerance

Concerta around 162-216 or 3-4 X 54mg pills when you have a daily use tolerance.

Experienced amp user here. I find that 30 mg of Adderall is my sweet spot. More than that and I get paranoid.

Haven't had any experience with Vyvanse, but I have been prescribed Adderall 30mg IR (twice a day) for just over 2 years now.

When I first got my prescription, I had already been familiar with Adderall, so two 30mg pills a day was the perfect dose. For first time users, though, I believe one 30mg pill will give a very good high.

I used Adderall, initially, while in college for college course work/studying/tests/etc., while also using it recreationally here and there to party, play video games, and just be high because I fucking love Adderall. Well fast forward to 2018, been out of school for a year, and don't necessarily need my prescription any longer, but I still have it and man do I abuse it. I'll typically go through my monthly supply of 60 pills in 12 to 14 days. I've taken up to, between 300-360mgs in one 24 hour period. WHICH IS NOT WORTH IT.

My addiction aside, I do believe I know the perfect dose, without overdoing it, for experienced stimulant users. Typically, 90-120mgs dosed over the course of the day will give you both a good high as well as a chance to eat and sleep. Anything over that and negative effects begin to become more apparent. Regardless, I personally take about 150-180mgs a day on average, which I think is for the most part manageable, but sometimes can be destructive. Since I take my monthly supply within the first 2 weeks, I spend the last 2 weeks without it, which at first sucks but allows me to recoup.

No matter the dose, SLEEP AND EXERCISE ARE ESSENTIAL TO MAINTAINING A GOOD, CONTINUED EXPERIENCE WITH ADDERALL.

This is a bit too "how do I get high on my meds" for this forum.

->Archives.

Hey guys,
Little introduction to me. I'm an experienced amphetamine user and just got prescribed vyvanse. I copy and pasted this from another forum, looking to get more feedback. If anyone has their own dosing recommendations, id love to hear them.

VYVANSE: If it is your first time taking vyvanse, even if youre looking for recreational effects, I would say just take one 40 mg or 50 mg capsule. You will be fine if you take 60 or 70 mg, but sleeping and eating will be extremely hard. If you're experienced taking stimulants, in which case you don't really need my advice, I would say 100 mg is probably the golden dose, at least for me. If you take this before noon, you will get nicely spun, but by 2 or 3 will most likely be able to get some sleep. First timers DO NOT exceed 100 mg. There is absolutely no reason to, 50 will be a good time and 100 will be an INTENSE experience, but still easy to recover from.

ADDERALL: My experience is with adderall instant release, so that's what I'll cover. Again, for first timers, less than you may think will do the trick. 30 mg adderall ir will be a nice high, and sleeping and eating won't be too hard at all. 40 or 50 mg will be slightly more intense, but still fine. For a first timer I would say there is no need to go above 60 mg. You will likely get jaw clench and the second half of your experience will be unpleasant. For experienced adderall users, I have discovered lately that ~75 mg is my golden dose. Anything above 80 mg is overkill. Definite jaw clench, and you won't be able to eat or sleep.

What do you guys think of that info? Did I leave anything out or do you disagree? As always I'd love to hear anyone's feedback.

Thanks fellas and thanks ladies,
Kev
Don’t do what I do, or anyone else does, because it makes no sense as it’s entirely relative (by it I mean the dosage of a given substance)…I took, over the course of 3 days, around 2000mg of vyvanse. Today alone I popped 500mg in one sitting.
DO NOT DO THIS because my tolerance is NOT like yours and you WILL likely harm yourself.
Tolerance is a fucking bitch and so is addiction. I’m on my 3rd 4th 8th i don’t even know yet attempt at sobriety currently. And my vyvanse is kicking in while I write this. Another tolerance not to fuck around with is benzos . Trust me I have burnt my life around me all the way down almost to the ground with these “simple” pharma drugs

Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) 20mg capsule is exactly 5.9mg of dextro-amphetamine (Dexedrine 6mg), except it takes a full 3 hours for onset and lasts 10-14 hours.

Adderall 10mg IR is a perfect dose for someone who has never taken amphetamines….any higher could be too much or even dangerous. 30min onset and lasts 4-6 hours

Dexedrine 10-15mg IR would be absolutely most for a new user….that is 200lbs / 6” heathy male after a decent meal, full tummy, healthy cardiovascular system, no health issues such as high blood pressure or any heart issues

Proper Cardiovascular health is absolutely paramount