• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Need advice to overcome Oxycodone addiction!

no_soup_for_you

Greenlighter
Hey all I've been reading posts on bluelight for years and now I need some help from this extremely supportive community. I have been addicted to Oxycodone for the past 4 years and have finally decided I need to escape this affliction. I started using recreationally 4 years ago and it quickly turned into an everyday thing. I however have only been taking about 15mg a night and only take them from 9pm-4am. However anytime I go anywhere including shopping/out with friends/amusement parks w.e I take about another 15mg throughout the day. This happens maybe once a week. I know its very minuscule to a lot of other users here but this is my first attempt at quitting and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. Often during the days I constantly get the urge to take them and feel restless/anxious.

My biggest fear is knowing I will have to go out into the world without my dose. I haven't really done anything outside of my home sober in the past 4 years. Most of my social interactions I have been high, at nights when I watch tv I'm always high. I cant imagine being able to live a happy life and do these things like I did before I ever took these dang things. I feel as if I can never even enjoy watching television/movies without taking any Oxy. I don't fear withdrawal or discomfort especially since I haven't been taking too high of a dosage but what I fear is depression and never being happy/able to do the things I love again.

I was also hoping to get a few opinions on tapering down, maybe taking only 7.5mg Oxy a night for a week then cutting down to <4mg a night for a week or so? Would that make it easier? I know I can fight the urge of breaking and taking more than the 7.5 per night if that would be an issue. I've also heard of the Thomas Recipe, is it effective would it help me? More than anything I want to be free, I want nothing more than to live a normal life again. All help would be greatly appreciated.

someone else will be able to chime in, regarding a good tapering plan. i just had the thought that it might be worth seeing a psychologist or a counsellor who you can respect in order to help you get to the root of your anxiety.

lots of people have been helped through therapies like CBT and mindfulness practices.

if you can try to have a positive mindset in terms of kicking this habit isn't going to be a big deal, it won't be. once you have had some sober time under your belt, you might be surprised at the level of enjoyment is possible from daily life.