• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Zolpidem vs Alprazolam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memantine

Bluelighter
Hi,

I get zolpidem for sleep. I have little to no tolerance for GABAnergic drugs. Can I use Zolpidem recreationally and how does it compare to benzodiazepines like alprazolam or oxazepam? Will I hallucinate from 10-20mg Zolpidem?

Be careful with Zolpidem. It can make you hallucinate stuff like you're in a dream, but you'll be able to remember next to nothing the day after. Have somebody watch you so you don't do something stupid (like, drive).

20mg or so seems like a good place to start. I wouldn't push it past 30mg, you really won't be able to remember much. Also, high doses of benzos will not make you trip like z-drugs.

Keep in mind that if you make a habit of abusing ambien it is likely to stop working as a sleep aid. With that being said 20mgs should provide a nice trippy headspace. 40mg is where shit gets trippy for me. I find the effects similar to dxm with the warm body buzz and trippy headspace. As stated above you definitely want a sober person around as a lot of people black out.

I used it once in the middle of the day and felt absolutely dreadful,nausea, hallucinations and a feeling of tiredness that made me feel like I was going to go mad. I'm benzos are better recreational, each to his own though! XxxRachelxxx

I think Xanax is over rated, so I'd go for Zolpidem.

Yes Xanax is. I never even think of abusing it for fun, I only use it in social situations sometimes. It is just good for anxiety managment.

Xanax is WAY more recreational than Ambien. Ambien sucks hairy balls, it isn't even a benzo, it's a wana be benzo.

Ambien just makes me tired and want to sleep, as of course, that's what It is made for.

Xanax actually gives me a nice psychedelic glare, and some some euphoria when you smoke weed with it.

I'm also on methadone, so for me, Xanax is super euphoric. But dangerous at the same time.

I wouldn't use ambien for anything other than sleep. it isn't enjoyable and i wouldn't go out in public on it because that would be embarrassing. it's no more recreational than cold medicine to me. Xanax is definitely the better high and better for recreational purposes. but then again xanax isn't my first choice benzo to be out on in public, i'd do it at home or with friends at their house but lets say grocery shopping or the mall, i'd rather be on klonopin or valium, longer acting, less intense benzos.

Zolpediem is a pretty good social drug. It always had me more outgoing and talkative.

Alprazoram just made me brain dead and tired.

Hi,

I get zolpidem for sleep. I have little to no tolerance for GABAnergic drugs. Can I use Zolpidem recreationally and how does it compare to benzodiazepines like alprazolam or oxazepam? Will I hallucinate from 10-20mg Zolpidem?

No it's not recreational, IMHO benzos aren't either but if you had to pick one or the other for recreation go with the benzo, it's much safer.

I took ambien before high-school once...don't do that lol all the words on the blackboard looked like russian haha, then in the hallways between class, I saw 2 of EVERYBODY and TBH it's a miracle I made it through that day without getting sent to the princapals office.....i'm just lucky it wears off so fast.

The thing about ambien (zolpidem) is it can cause hallucinations, sleepwalking, things that may sound cool but are really not fun when it happens, so go with the Xanax for fun, and I would just throw out the ambien to be completely honest, or put it away for a rainy day.

Ambien = Booooo!
Xanax = Yay!!!!

I hate those z-drugs, YUCK. I would take nothing over taking ambien again. My first experience with ambien was on my flight TO Afghanistan, my second experience with it was FROM Afghanistan. Have you ever seen a plane full of PTSD filled soldiers on Ambien? Taking it was mandatory too, the nurses/medics handed you the pills and watched you swallow. Though I think realistically it was to keep us from putting it in our pocket, and then taking it at night sometime after we arrived in that shit-hole and then taking it at night when shit could be going down.

Last edited:
Zolpidem fucked me up good last night. Started off with 10mg, and made me wake up this morning wondering why I fucking downed four of them. I have distinct memory of crushing up a pill and snorting it in two lines.. I learned cigarettes intensify the high significantly. Had loads of fun.

I have been wondering if they've changed the ingredients to zolpidem bc it has absolutely NO EFFECT on me anymore. I suffer sever insominia went to the dr the other day and he gave me that since it worked last time. Never again. Im already on benzos for other reasons so I don't really thnk that would be a good sleep aid for me. Anyone have any other suggestions? I know seroquesl works well, but not sure if they'd want me on it along with effexor, same as trazadone (which gives me a bad hangover).

Really, what other sleeping aids are even out there??

Pipamperon is sometimes used as a sleep aid. It is an antagonist of D4/5-HT2A/Alpha1(at lower doses) with a half life of about 35 hours so it works all night long. Worked great for me.

^^ Welcome to Bluelight. If you have any stories, tell them in Trip Reports.
Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.