• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Denver experiences with Methadone treatment

rbender02

Greenlighter
Im moving to Denver and im finding it difficult to find a methadone clinic. The one i did find said they only treat IV users...which i am not. Im looking for others experiences with fiding a clinic and treatment in the Denver area. Any suggestions also much appreciated!!

One of our old mods from TDS is an addiction counselor in the Denver area I think. I'll try to contact him and see if he knows anything.

Edit: I am going to PM you

Last edited:
I understand that you need to be in withdrawal b4 taking treatment..esp with suboxone. But im taking methadone..or was last month..long story..and this other place wanted me to detox for 3 to 5 days before starting treatment. That's crazy to me..not to mention the$335/day detox price tag. The place here ..i got treatment the day i first showed up. We have jobs lined up..we dont have the time to be sick for 3 to 5 days.lol. Why is the process so different? Or am I just not contacting the right clinics?

This cost for a quick detox seems unreasonable and perhaps not so realistic imo especially because sometimes it might take you more time to fully detox. If you're going to be on suboxone you'll need to withdraw or else the medication will quickly lead you to w/d all at once as I've been told.

From my experience with methadone I know it takes a longer time to be physically okay. It depends on how much you have used and also for how long. I suggest you find as much info as possible about your treatment.

Good luck!
Erik

Last edited:
More resources in the Denver area:

The ARTS Potomac Street Center 1300 South Potomac St., Suite 150 Aurora (303) 283-5991

1317 Spruce St. Boulder (303) 245-0123

Colorado Treatment Services, 2010 E. Bijou Street Colorado Springs (719) 434-2061

Outpatient Behavioral Health Services 777 Bannock St., Unit 9 Denver (303) 436-5690

A.R.T.S. Parkside Clinic 1827 Gaylord St. Denver (303) 388-5894

First Floor Denver 1337 Delaware Street, (303) 629-5293

3825 Mulberry Fort Collins (970) 224-0495

ARTS Westside Center 393 S. Harlan St. #250 Lakewood (303) 935-7004

Crossroads' Turning Points 509 East 13th St. Pueblo (719) 546-6666

8407 North Bryant Street Westminster (303) 487-7776

Hey there, I live in Denver and Denver Health - the 777 Bannock St info that Herbavore posted, is a great resource. They have a methadone clinic and I know for a fact they treat IV users because I am in the Suboxone program there. ARTS too will treat IV users and they are taking people now. You just have to go to an intake appt and you should be good. Both of these are located downtown. What part of Denver are you moving to? There are way more resources downtown or centrally located here. There are very few in the suburbs but no matter where you move, downtown is about 30 minutes away driving time. Good luck!

Also - have you considered Suboxone? Denver Health is taking people now, from what I heard last, and if you have Medicaid it is covered 100%. Methadone is also covered by Medicaid here.