• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Hi all!

IDied

Bluelighter
I'm new to bluelight wanted to say hello! I'm here for multiple reasons and hoping to have some light shed on those.I'd like to learn more about post traumatic stress disorder and self medicating because that's what I've been doing.I've been untreated for Ptsd since I was hit by a car in 1997.I finally went and tried to get help last September and have had no luck.my anxiety definitely effects my quality of life! Just hoping to get some light shed on these issues! Thanks for reading :)

Hi, Welcome to Bluelight! I have personal and transpersonal trauma myself. The body can keep the score of events from trauma on a cellular level … manifesting in depression/anxiety, dissociate states and so on. PTSD. I am so sorry you were hit by a car. Did they offer any services for treatment, psychologically? Anxiety can indeed be triggered, via events that correlate during one's day with the accident. Anyways, please let me know if I may move your post to another appropriate section in hope you'll receive more support. :)

IDIED, you will find help here for sure. It's all you, but the information here will help you make decisions and help you where you need it.
Welcome again to Bluelight. Plenty of understanding folk on here. :) I too am was hit by a car at an early age too. What is it with cars? Anyway, I find lots of help with the issues your facing here. If you ever want to talk, PM me anytime.

Welcome IDied. Ptsd is a very real, very serious thing. When you said you had no luck, what do you mean? No one would help you? Well, you won't have that problem here. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to pm.

DW

I was 11 at the time I'm 29 now.I wasn't offered much of anything sort of seemed like it was all about the money with the insurance companies.and my mom didn't seem to care much at all.and what I mean by having no luck is just not finding anything that has helped thus far.and it's crazy how it seems like my body remembers almost.around the time.of the accident all these years later I get aches and pains along with the depression/severe anxiety.
Feel free to move the post as well I appreciate the welcomes :)

Hiya sweetness xxxx

Most of ptsd that I've held hands through and helped have been military related.

I'm gonna make this short but sweet and very translatable....

Do not question why you're here. If you haven't figured out yet it means it hasn't happened yet. You are important and here for a reason. Hold on chuck.

As for anxiety, find a close friend. Just have a code word. paws will be held. Once you find that "network" you'll feel so much better. Just "knowing" will make all the difference. xxx

my dad is a vet and suffers from ptsd and a traumatic brain injury as well.yeah weird right? Me and my dad have a lot in common to bad he was in prison for most of my childhood.but we are very close now and have a good relationship.as for friends I don't have many to be honest I'm sort of a recluse these days besides work I'm not outside at all.I posted a reply to you Sadie not sure if it worked still Learning the site

Welcome idied! Your in the right place for support, lots of awesome caring, non-judgemental people here. We have vast amounts of experience in self medicating cause drs can't or won't help most of us. Sometimes drs can help though but you have to wade through all the bad, disinterested drs before you find a gods one who really cares and isn't there to just bill your insurance without providing any help. It took me 10-11 yrs to find a decent dr, but even the good ones can only help so much for whatever reason. Anyway I just wanted to say hi and welcome you aboard our pleasure ship here , lol. Take care and I hope u find what your looking for here ;)

I had/have PTSD from sexual assault when I was very young. I think that what Smoky said about trauma living in the body is the knowledge that has helped me the most. Talk therapy helped to a point but getting in touch with the physical manifestations of PTSD moved me farther down the road to recovery. Its pretty simple stuff and it seems ridiculous in a way but here is what I do: when I feel the anxiety rising in me or I am about to have a veritable panic attack, I start naming every single sensation that my body is going through ("I feel my heart beating out of my chest" I feel my throat constricting" I feel my shoulders tensing up" I feel my blood pressure going up" etc). Somehow the mechanical listing of each sensation I am experiencing stops me from compounding them with more anxious thinking and I get grounded not in some paranoid future where I am going to re-experience the trauma but right there in the moment on planet earth where the trauma is actually NOT recurring. Does that make any sense?

It makes a lot of sense.I'm going to try that.sorry that happened to you.my ptsd also stems from something that happened years before my accident.my brother and I also witnessed the rape of our mother as kids it's very hard for me to even talk about it (or type) definitely brings back bad memories so I was fucked up before the accident and just came out a lot worse.I'm very hyper vigilant very angry and very paranoid all the time and these are some of the things I really want to work on.I have 2 beautiful smart daughters that mean the world to me and I feel like they deserve the best life I can give them.my mom wasn't the nicest to me as a kid was very verbally abusive.my brother went and lived with my grandma around the time all that happened.so I was stuck with my mom's drinking all the time.can't blame her I guess.I just want to be happy because I can honestly say I don't have many memories of being happy besides my kids and that's all that makes me happy.I self medicate I'm always depressed and when I'm not I'm angry.my girlfriend is tired of it and I really don't want to lose her she is a great mom and is very patient with me.it helps to get some of this shit off my chest.and I definitely appreciate everyone taking the time to read and write to me I can't say it enough.I'm very glad I found this website.like I saidnext time im in panic mode I'm going to try that.also one thing I do love is reading.but I can't seem to relax enough to do it these days..

you do realise these are not all burdens for your shoulders to carry. I know you do but you can let them go. I promise, you'll be fine. These are not your problems baby. They're just not. I know I'm being hypocritical now but I also know I am strong. I'll end up where I started. You ever need a shoulder mine are quite fine. PM me if you need to talk. You'll be fine. I can promise you this. xx

So sweet of you Sadie I do have to let go that is very true!!!