• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using Kratom for Suboxone withdrawals

Input

Greenlighter
Anyone here have experience doing this?

I have been on subs for about 3 years now and I have tapered down to the point where I can't possibly cut the strips into smaller sections. I stopped taking them about 3 days ago now and I have been using Kratom to help ease my withdrawal. I haven't been taking that much of it at all only enough to make me feel slightly better but I am still clearly going through withdrawal. Is there anyone with experience using Kratom to help ease the withdrawal process?

Yes.
I use <No vendors>. Get the Horned Maeng Da and the super red vein boreno.
Then I go to my local store and get the echinacea 300mg capsules. Fill 2 capsules per blend of kratom (4 total) and take about 1 time every hour. I sometimes need to take up to 4 of each when I first started stopping.
This is my personal experience from coming off Vicodin/Tramadol/Codeine when I ran out of insurance.
GL and I hope this helps.
NOTE: Careful with the Horned because when I took 4 the first 3 days or so was fine, but once I started to get used to the effect and get off the actual opiates the Horned started to hurt my stomach. I would start with 2 every hour and add 1 as need be.
They kick in, in about 20-30 minutes for me so taking every hour after the initial effects kick in works perfect because the withdraw symptoms dont seem to return.
EDIT:
Also on your first order or if you can bypass the system with a VPN and create a new account every time you order you can use the coupon code below. Now there is a downside to this as when you order through them ever 10 cents gains you 1 cent in credit. So getting 1 ounce is <No prices> which gains you 140 points, and at check out can be used as $1.40 off your purchase. If you purchase like 4+ ounces its better to just use the coupon once and then use the same account and points for each order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like they are out of everything for now though, waiting for their shipment to come.

I stopped suboxone on 10-22-15. I have been taking on average 4 kratom capsule every 4 to 6 hours. It is day 5. I have slept fine. No really bad chills. Normal bathroom. Long story short, this stuff really works. I'm the biggest skeptic ever. I am on day 4. I have withdrawn without anything before and I was literally going nuts. Every withdrawal possible. I hope this helps. Good luck.

It is day 6. I have been listening to my wife tell me how much of an ass I am on suboxone. It is very emotional. I swear I hate addiction. Its like a cut that does not heal. It hurts me and everybody around me. I have got to do it this time. I am 46 this is the toughest thing ever.

Hey rand .. any update?I Would like to do the same thing..so just wondering if you keeping up the good work.

^ There are many reports of people successfully using kratom to get off suboxone, go ahead and run a search. Bluelights search bar has always been a bit wonky in the results it gives me (perhaps this is my fault), however I find that asking a question in google followed by the word bluelight typically brings up great results. Good luck getting off subs :).

Lmk how it goes guys....have a cup full of the stuff & am at 1/2 of 1mg so will b making the jump soon as well

Hey I'm on my phone.so it's gonne be short..but today was my first day ..no sub after fast tapering from 2-3 mg daily to about a half mg. In about 10 tens. Took 3G Maeng da , three times today..felt really good ..I have been in mild wd for the last week because the fast taper. So today was better then the last 7...GL folks

And plas. Thank you ..I know there are other accounts of people going through it..be he's in the here and now...so more relatable

I have never tried opiates, but I know kratom is used for this. Kratom is one of my favorite drugs and I have hear the use it for people at rehab that have issues with opiate addictions

Hi everybody I'm new here. I just want to give my opinion on KRATOM. I have been on 3-8mg SUBOXONE a day 2010-Present, 6 long agonizing years. Before that it was 195mg METHADONE, 2002-2010. I'm I've been in "recovery" for 14 YEARS. I was addicted to eating 100mg Fentanyl patches for 1 year!! But on recovery meds for 14?? So this Christmas I decided not to return to my Suboxone Doctor this past month. I came down slowly over a few weeks. I still have 2 sub strips left. Which makes me feel GREAT since I'm on day #4 with NO SUBOXONE!! I can't believe this KRATOM really works! I'm having slight wd's, yawning a little in between doses of Kratom, but nothing like I thought I would. That was my main reason for not wanting to ever try and wean myself off of Suboxone I was always afraid of the withdrawals. I take high THC CANNABIS OIL nightly and I'm taking Zzzquil at night plus an "insomnia Elimidrol". I can't wait to be over this! If anybody has any questions on how I did all this please ask because I can't believe this Myself!!
No doctor ever mentioned this stuff to me!
Will never trusts doctors for a long time, if eve again.

I feel that the key to success with suboxene is really to taper down. I was.down to 0.5th a day. I had the 2 strips so this was easy. 1 to 2mg should be sufficient but really higher doaes than that and its gonna be tough. I know there are.moments where u just decide you have to stop but if your on 8mg ultimately just wait and taper first. I found that sleep aids and immodium are a must. I would take xanax too but in reality that's a whole othrr addiction but for the first couple days something of that nature will help. I was working in a kitchen for 8 hour shifts which is physically exerting work. You will have moments of exhaustion or all aroind lethargy but they are to be exprected. Exercise is also huge. Even if it is just a 5 minute walk. I was walking 2.blocks and back at first. Yeah its tough to get up and do it but for RLS and controlling your energy is helps immensely. Just stick in there. I have heard positive things about kratom but the taste is too.much for me. Just wanted to throw in a few tips here. Seriously though that initial taper is the biggest step. Dont rush it though. 8 mg to 2 mg is a.multiple month investment but worth it.