• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social General Talk Thread] Observation Tank for Fractallized Redundancy Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched a bunch of old videos taken while on solo trips on various psychedelics... Known then and verified now: when I'm so high that I cough and spit bile and phlegm (gross, I know) and expel that stuff from my throat, there is an active noise a crackling in the audio that follows. The cats are always going nuts when it happens. It's like a conduit to another world.
Haha! Yeah man, its like it's an expectorant kinda! It's pretty cool. It's actually good to get that stuff out so...! If you smoke good hash or weed it's far better since it's much more pure and usually have to smoke less. Also obviously better for you too since you smoke less. That's why vaping is so much better for you, too! Coughing supposedly gets ythe h higher too. Helps "open" your lungs and absorb more cannabinoids too.

Haha... that sounds like something I would post. It's an interesting thought to entertain. But if I'm totally honest, I think it's probably just confirmation bias or some other quirk of human perception. For example, there's a 99.9% chance that two people share the same birthday in a group of only 70, which is initially surprising to most people.

How is that possible? I'd like to hear it explained because I can't see how that could be true.

How is that possible? I'd like to hear it explained because I can't see how that could be true.

Well, the probability that at least two people share the same birthday is equal to (the number of scenarios in which two people share the same birthday) / (the number of possible combinations of birthdays). In every OTHER scenario, everyone has a unique birthday, so stated another way, this probability is:

(the number of possible combinations of birthdays) - (the number of scenarios in which everyone has a unique birthday)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(the number of possible combinations of birthdays)​

Which simplifies to 1 minus the probability that everyone in the group has a unique birthday.

That's pretty easy to calculate. Just take it one person at a time. What's the probability that the first two people in the group have unique birthdays? Person 1 can be born on any of the 365 days in a year, but person 2 has to be born on any of the other 364 days. So that's 364 / 365. The third person also needs a unique birthday, so she has to be born on one of 363 days in the year. Multiply by 363 / 365. Etc.

365/365 * 364/365 * 363/365 * 362/365 * ...

Do this seventy times, and the probability is only ~0.08%. 100% - 0.08% = 99.92%.

A side thought is that maybe there's some astrological significance in the people that attract each other, like because of my age I'm more bound to meet people that are either near my age or some specific multiple/range of years older or younger than me. That's a stretch but this whole post is.

Personally I think astrology is the most convincing explanation for what you're talking about. You know what they say; as above, so below. It's too bad that our current era of science has shunned this sort of thing. I really think people would have much healthier, happier lives if certain tools were more accepted and used in daily life.

For example, the ability of astrology and/or constitutional diagnosis via TCM or Ayurveda to give a person a better idea of their own strengths and weaknesses, ranging all the way from the most basic like optimal nutrition for a specific body type, to the more nuanced things like long term ambitions and social relationships. With that knowledge, one can easily be aware of what decisions in their personal life will lead to harmony and success, or to disharmony and struggle/failure. We spent so many thousands of years learning how to live in balance with ourselves and the world around us, it's a shame that so much of this knowledge is going by the wayside for no real good reason.

My first day off in what feels like years but actually just under 2 weeks. I like my job though. But, tis nice to just sit around and do nothing. I am continuing my low AMT dose regimen, sticking to 5mg twice a day to see if it relieves my depression and some of the odd, addictive patterns I've fallen into of late. Its been somewhat effective at improving my mood though. Though I find it a bit too stimulating at times, so I have had small doses of GHB to smooth it over.

This is some awesome minimal Zenon trancey stuff. Really psychedelic...

I really love Kliment so much! His first album came out of nowhere and was so polished for a first album I knew he was gonna go places, like here in this song......

Thanks everybody for feedback on my last couple posts, I thought it was just more of my 'oh theres vortech again talkin bout some random ass shit again' but thats why I love this thread, it's where anything flies :)

Hell yeah! That's the beauty of this place! We're all one and most of us will be there to talk when your in peril or just need to rant or vent about something! All free to believe and say what you want. We'll always be there to support. The only thing I won't support is if someone clearly needs Help?!? But instead they continue to use and try to abolish or ignore it. Then I'll be there to talk to them and give the best advice to the best of my ability...

Believe me over the years I've been here, I've seen some strait insane people post, and that clearly needed a lot of Help?!?!.

Swils, I know you can do this! Your a kind kindred spirit who's wise beyond his years!<3

Holy shit, I'm fucked! It's crazy because high dose pregabalin is really trippy! Similar to many chemicals. I'm having slight OEV's and strong CEVs. Clinically it's simply explained but then you dose recreationally, and you find out how truly bizarre it is.....

Holy shit, I'm fucked! It's crazy because high dose pregabalin is really trippy! Similar to many chemicals. I'm having slight OEV's and strong CEVs. Clinically it's simply explained but then you dose recreationally, and you find out how truly bizarre it is.....

Dude, YES. I LOVE high dose pregabalin. Try these two things, I promise you won't regret it:

1) Turn all the lights out and let your eyes adjust to the dark. The OEV's explode when it's just dark enough to barely make out the fuzzy outlines of things.

2) Listen to music. ORGASMIC.

The most memorable CEVs I got on pregabalin were like... watching a surgery on the wiggly, slimy, squirming innards of an alien. I've never gotten anything like that on a classical psychedelic, or dissociative.

Just watched some thing on PBS SoCal...apparently we have clinics in LA specifically devoted to using ketamine off label as a treatment for depression (low dose IV infusion over 40 min or so). That's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.