• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social General Talk Thread] Observation Tank for Fractallized Redundancy Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Other sites have better laid out teks on DMT extraction. Check out DMT Nexus and the Shroomery.

^Yep. If you can bake a cake, you can extract DMT, and the plants are readily available. Shoot for the "straight to base" tek.

I extracted a bunch of DMT a few years ago. After a single breakthrough, I haven't had a desire to try for one again. I repeatedly contemplate vaporizing it at low doses, spaced-out, but then I think, "no that would be a waste, wait!" So there it sits, in the freezer. I hate being a psychedelic hoarder.

Lots of off-white crystals have already precipitated out of the solution. :)

With regards to DMT, while I rather heavily flirted with it the better part of a decade ago, to express perhaps an unpopular opinion, I consider it vastly overrated and find myself in agreement with this Shulgin subject discussing 5-MeO-DMT:
TiHKaL 38 said:
Overall comparison to DMT, more potent, slightly faster, but like DMT is largely a simple, stoning drug with no sensory contribution, no intellectual contribution. It's greatest contribution might be to provide a subject the vocabulary of an altered state of consciousness so that, with interesting and constructive drugs, these effects will be familiar, and thus not distractions.
Particularly addressed to @Speed King, if you are looking for a transcendent experiences, dealing with mortality issues and such, I'd highly endorse 5-MeO-DMT.
My trip report, probably the only drug experience I've ever had that I would characterize as "spiritual," and the ensuing discussion should help explain why.

Vortech has gone camping. Writing this currently naked, surrounded by trees and nature. It is here I will finish my book this month.

With regards to DMT, while I rather heavily flirted with it the better part of a decade ago, to express perhaps an unpopular opinion, I consider it vastly overrated and find myself in agreement with this Shulgin subject discussing 5-MeO-DMT:
Particularly addressed to @Speed King, if you are looking for a transcendent experiences, dealing with mortality issues and such, I'd highly endorse 5-MeO-DMT.
My trip report, probably the only drug experience I've ever had that I would characterize as "spiritual," and the ensuing discussion should help explain why.

Interesting. I still revere DMT but have really not used it for quite some time; instead, I've taken 5-Meo-DMT. I am starting to consider that it may be as powerful as DMT. Small IV doses are fucking crazy. Non visual fullon tripping. :) I think 5-MeO-DMT is very spiritual and useful, so I can't really agree with the quotation from TiHKAL.

DMT is a bit like nitrous; the epiphanies arise but can be impossible to grasp.

willow11 said:
DMT is a bit like nitrous; the epiphanies arise but can be impossible to grasp.
Very much this ... and whoops, to clarify, on the TiHKaL quote, I was only endorsing the dismissal of DMT, not 5-MeO-DMT

Man, I decided I needed to email somebody after I'd had about 13 drinks the other day, I hate it when I do that. My spelling, grammar, and ability to organize my thoughts are unaffected by alcohol (even when I am stumbling and blacked out), but it tends to be pathologically sentimental and embarrassingly self-pitying, I was quite restrained this time though, thankfully. Now I'm broke and involuntarily sober, so it's time to get by to my Dostoevsky (The Brothers Karamazov).

May y'all continue to be good vibesy, as you have been lately.

Vortech has gone camping. Writing this currently naked, surrounded by trees and nature. It is here I will finish my book this month.

The Buddha vowed to himself that he would not leave the bodhi tree until he was finally free. I'm imagining you taking a similar vow along the lines of, "I will not put clothes on until this book is finished." Good luck.

Though you weren't claiming otherwise, it's interesting to note that Shulgin had quite a few idiosyncratic reactions and/or unusual opinions of drugs. It's not particularly unusual for him to have held a low opinion of a drug otherwise considered by many to be a gem.

Yes, Siddhartha sat under the bodhi until he awakened. Vowing not to. There was were he battled temptation but batted not an eyelash.... Great posting this page, need to make a better reply when I get a second! Also agree about Shulgin, 5-MeO-DMT used via slower acting ROA's is astounding and I haven't used enough to say with total accuracy whether it's better than DMT but at the least I'd hold them together. Everything has its place....

Definitely interesting to note, although it's also worth noting not all the experiences quoted are the Shulgins'. I do disagree with them on any number of things (2CB to me is way overrated) as much as I agree. It's interesting though to read their experiences because they are largely free of context and expectations that we garner from friends, online TRs, etc. and no doubt have a placebo impact in constructing the subjective psychedelic experience we have.

Definitely interesting to note, although it's also worth noting not all the experiences quoted are the Shulgins'. I do disagree with them on any number of things (2CB to me is way overrated) as much as I agree. It's interesting though to read their experiences because they are largely free of context and expectations that we garner from friends, online TRs, etc. and no doubt have a placebo impact in constructing the subjective psychedelic experience we have.
QFT. I love 2c-B but the way Shulgin did.... Give me 2c-E any day.....

Though as always we all experience everything differently, so for all we know for him bees was the knees...

Acacia obtusifolia is a good Aussie DMT source too. :)

And aren't they fucking everywhere ;)

Hey all, new to the social. A couple of new things. Does the backlight thing still work with checking out doses? I was at a Phish concert and a guy was selling doses. I had to pass because I was scared it might be N-BOME. A DOX blotter or whatever wouldn't of bothered if that's what dude had, but I didn't even bothering looking.
Second, I'm starting to get interested in DMT. I am a cancer survivor in remission and I think it's time to go deep. The stuff is produced in our brains and I'm sure the plants grow near my house so what does anyone think. First post here.

Welcome to PD social buddy!

Always good to be on the safe side with blotters :(

Sorta on-topic: what's DMT most soluble in? There'd be a fuckload of resin to collect on our vapouriser fittings and ballons, and I'm in the mood to harvest it :O

^Yeah, well I can't imagine a. obtusifolia in ACT tbh. Maybe too cold.

DMT is soluble in toulene, xylene, acetone, ethanol, CSF ;). Amongst others.

I recall smoking DMT through my weed bong which I decided to clean out and smoke resin of. Mild DMT buzzes ensued. Makes me really question my smoking technique tbh...

I'd probably use acetone. easy to handle, evaporates quickly, not too toxic (as opposed to alkanes, etc).

what you presumably have is DMT freebase so you need a nonpolar solvent like the naptha that was probably used to pull the deemz in the first place. you could convert it to a salt but that's probably far too much effort unless you're trying to IV it.

^ I've read about somebody making changa by dissolving the DMT freebase in acetone. I guess it should be possible, it's not too polar after all, and also miscible with non-polar solvents.

Status
Not open for further replies.