• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social General Talk Thread] Observation Tank for Fractallized Redundancy Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a small feeling so far... it feels really good, actually significantly more comfortable than early DOC feeling, absolutely no edginess right now or excess energy, just a nice, smooth, velvety feeling.

EDIT at 12:11 - Appetite and work are not affected, about to eat various things as I'm hungry. My patience at work is actually improved. When I've taken even .5mg of DOC before when working, I don't really like it, it's a bit distracting and the energy is uncomfortable when I have to sit here. This seems to be giving me no energy other than a bit of motivation and a clearheaded feeling, and my mood is improved. it's a really nice feeling, incredibly smooth and just a bit euphoric. This bodes very well for a full dosage, I'm even more excited for that now. :) Probably in 2 weekends. oh and also I am hopefully going to the Lockn music festival (Santana, Robert Plant, and John Popper (from Blues Traveler) will be there, and Derek Trucks, and a bunch of other great things... I'm trying to volunteer to get in free) in early September and I bet a fairly high dose of this might be good there... I'll see after my 4mg dose which is coming next).
I'm excited to hear your report on DOPR--I've yet to try a DOX other than DOC. The fact that you captured a gram and a half of raw is what really interests me, because I just can never justify to myself the cost for chemicals on blotter. I'll have to peruse my sources.

--

It's also a clear sign that I haven't been "keeping up with the joneses" on bluelight that I don't have a clue who this Metanoiaman fellow is... These days I pretty much just read new posts in my subscribed threads from my phone. I'll just say this: "natural" certainly doesn't mean "better" but "natural with a long history of human use" generally does mean "generally recognizable as safe." Especially when considering that most RCs are the product of very preliminary research--ie. as part of a search for more selective or efficacious ligands, or as a permutation in a systematic receptor-mapping effort--the resulting high potency, high affinity, high efficacy ligands often have unusual structures not comparable to biological products and are therefore less likely to be metabolized into familiar byproducts... it's not that it matters whether a particular drug is "synthetic," but the degree to which a ligand exhibits deviation from existing well-understand and biologically familiar scaffolds does relate in some way to the conferred "unknown risks" we assume when we ingest this ligand.

I may make the effort to give DOC a whirl myself this Saturday, presuming I'm not forgetting plans I've already made and/or none arise :) I'm not sure if I should bother with a 'test the waters' dose (~1mg?) first, or just go for it with ~2.5mg. I'll be dosing EARLY morning, probably around 8am, either just as I start my workout or sometime through it. Should hopefully have enough time to finish up, shower, and drive home (like 5 mins lol) before any alerts. Should also allow me to sleep at an acceptable hour lol.

Either that, or I'll just go mushrooms again. Probably mushrooms. lol

It's also a clear sign that I haven't been "keeping up with the joneses" on bluelight that I don't have a clue who this Metanoiaman fellow is... These days I pretty much just read new posts in my subscribed threads from my phone. I'll just say this: "natural" certainly doesn't mean "better" but "natural with a long history of human use" generally does mean "generally recognizable as safe." Especially when considering that most RCs are the product of very preliminary research--ie. as part of a search for more selective or efficacious ligands, or as a permutation in a systematic receptor-mapping effort--the resulting high potency, high affinity, high efficacy ligands often have unusual structures not comparable to biological products and are therefore less likely to be metabolized into familiar byproducts... it's not that it matters whether a particular drug is "synthetic," but the degree to which a ligand exhibits deviation from existing well-understand and biologically familiar scaffolds does relate in some way to the conferred "unknown risks" we assume when we ingest this ligand.
Oh ... no. Your view of what "natural" is in a historical context is well within the bounds of rational plausibility. His/her espoused view is of the extremely dogmatic/sympathetic magic sort. I want to think they're a troll. It's hard to imagine their motives as such since the reactions are so amused, but even harder to imagine how they could be sincere. Perhaps they're inviting abuse in order to help rid themselves of something. Just read a few of the threads on the front page or near it by them and the replies/ripostes to see what I mean.

Last edited:
Yeah MetanoiaMan is a real card. That's a term, right?

I'll be finishing up my report in the morning. I took notes as I went. It was extraordinarily smooth and nice, I think it bodes very well for a full dose. I still feel it fairly full-on but since it was a low dose and I've had a fair amount of alcohol (plus it just feels really relaxing in general) I think I'll be able to sleep... once I Bluelight and watch Simpsons episodes that is.

My girl and I had a great time as well. We never ended up hitting that soul shifting territory, i guess the local picked shrooms were a bit weaker than the indoor cultivated ones i had previously been accustomed to. Either way, we drifted into a solid ++ and proceeded to drink beer and had a hilarious time walking around Ybor City. It was definitely healing just to share a beautiful time together. We also found some of the best food in the state while over there between the top notch Pizza and Creperia.

We ended up watching TV in our hotel for the first time in years, and found every aspect of it to be a trip in itself. We happened to catch the trailer for American Ultra which comes out this Friday, i think we'll definitely be going to see that. It certainly looks like a drug-tastic time.

I smoked some DMT last night for the first time in about 8 months! :D

It was definitely a 'breakthrough' experience, I met the elves and all that, and also learned an infinite fuckton of cosmic lessons that I'll never be able to translate into English.

This was my first time dabbing DMT (ie smoking it out of an oil rig) and I was honestly really impressed! Does anyone have any thoughts about dabbing DMT? It might be my new favorite way to ingest DMT, it seems very efficient.

Nice man, yeah, dabbing DMT seems like a good idea, to avoid any combustion.

You may notice I created a new thread, as the last one was well in the 3000+ post range. That's how we do here at PD, we break rules. 1000 posts maximum? 3000+ seems better to us. %)
Exactly.....they know we're just a bunch of crazy mother fuckers and they'd rather not deal with. I heard the last guy who tried ended up getting his finger bitten off........:sus:

Argh your making me want DOPr damnit! You can't do that! I'm outta DOC, I'm a poor motherfucker,and that's fucked!;)

Yeah that's how I felt too before I found it, once it started going around recently. Hopefully you get a chance to try it soon. :)

I smoked some DMT last night for the first time in about 8 months! :D

It was definitely a 'breakthrough' experience, I met the elves and all that, and also learned an infinite fuckton of cosmic lessons that I'll never be able to translate into English.

This was my first time dabbing DMT (ie smoking it out of an oil rig) and I was honestly really impressed! Does anyone have any thoughts about dabbing DMT? It might be my new favorite way to ingest DMT, it seems very efficient.

I have some DALT hcl that I am interested in dabbing. Wondering how well that would work

Word around the campfire is 5-MeO-DMT is circulating. This is happy news.

In not so happy news, I had a rather alarming encounter with what I assume is a weird fentanyl analogue misrepresented as heroin, which is distressingly common these days.

Weird drugs, period, are distressingly common these days, and I speak as one who for a good few years was a connoisseur of weird drugs, as are digitally mediated avenues for moving them from place to place. It all makes me rather nostalgic for the analog (in the sense of not digital, not in the chemical sense) days of drug taking and drug dealing. Personally I blame Ross Ulbricht for disastrously fucking up the scene by inviting the end user, and thus the heat and 100,000 profiteers, and not even because he gave a shit about drugs or money, but for his bullshit adolescent ideological fancies and S.E. Konkin delusions. I long for a more innocent time, but those days are gone. This has been a shit decade TBH. I just want to turn back the clock, but that's impossible. I suppose it remains to be seen if this old dog can learn new tricks in a brave new world.

This decade started out really shitty for me, but last year it started getting great and it's at its peak so far. It's a matter of perspective. But I hope you find your way through it. <3

Fucking up the scene?!? The scene was already fucked. It died in a sense when during a certain age on a certain forum, everyone started vending, flooding the market, and these new sometimes advertised vendors drew in a bunch of fucks who didn't know WTF was up...... So they died or dived in piles of meph, etc,etc

You have a fair point there, one could date the downfall of the scene to numerous times and places, and involving various substances. Mephedrone certainly played a role, especially if you are in the UK, so did around the same time retardedly cheap "pre-fab" Indian ketamine, and since then, the proliferation of increasingly problematic synthetic cannabinoids. Mephedrone (personally, I was rather fond of mephedrone ...) being probably the most recreationally and commercially viable "novel" substance since crack didn't help, and so on, and so on. All of these things disrupted a fragile ecosystem but Ulbricht with finality razed it to the ground. The death of the scene by rampant custiedom was perhaps inevitable, the same thing that happened on Dead lot, or at the original raves, or San Francisco in the "Summer of Love," (the early Dead tune Cosmic Charlie, which was also the name of a Bluelighter, is a satiric indictment of the influx of "custie n00bs" into Frisco post 1967) or whatever. (Date the downfall to Altamont? Millwood?) Scenes are unique and transient things, but when a person is immersed in them, it can be hard to move on. I left things mightily abruptly, and it was honestly traumatic. On returning I find things barely recognizable. Maybe I'm just getting old and cynical.

Last edited:
IMO me being able to find whatever drug my little heart desires with a few keystrokes is a pretty awesome thing.

Perhaps more open availability attracts attention and dumber people. Perhaps I am one of those dumber people, perhaps YOU are one of those dumber people.

I don't see how you can blame Ross ulbricht for getting fent in your heroin anymore than Purdue pharms for pumping out opies
In turn creating a larger demand for heroin yet insuring it remains illegal and unregulated. Or perhaps blame yourself for not utilizing me ulbrichts demon child to obtain yourself some pure heroin.

Things won't go back to being a secret, and I don't think they should. More education, more information, less disinformation.

You are right Ross did really brings to the forefront but still he just had good intentions behind an over inflated ego. I hated though when people be acted like this was the first time something had happened like tgat...FM anyone.;)Plus....Phoenix always rise from the ashes and the scenes proved it.

yepyepwoah said:
IMO me being able to find whatever drug my little heart desires with a few keystrokes is a pretty awesome thing.
As far as the end user goes, I guess it is pretty awesome, but as far as the health and economics of the scene, it's a disaster.
Perhaps more open availability attracts attention and dumber people. Perhaps I am one of those dumber people, perhaps YOU are one of those dumber people.
I doubt very much either of us is one of the dumber people, and it's not even about dumber people, it's about the structure of the market. "Disruption," "eliminating inefficencies" and all that corporate Silicon Valley bullshit. "An Uber for ..." as the cliche goes. Call me a Luddite but it's bad news for all involved. Amazon and your local bookstore. Uber and taxi drivers. That site who's name is annoyingly escaping me right now and hotels. On and on.

I think it was Chesterton who said that we all feel a certain temporal nostalgia for the decade of my birth so maybe I'm just pining for the days of buying weed in the parking lot of the Red Apple. Or something like that give or take 10-15 years. Like I said, a more innocent time.
I don't see how you can blame Ross ulbricht for getting fent in your heroin anymore than Purdue pharms for pumping out opies
Oh, I don't blame Ross for getting fent in my heroin, that's a problem that's been going on since before the dude was born, I was just using it as a segue into discussing the colossal liability that he was and his vision remains.
In turn creating a larger demand for heroin yet insuring it remains illegal and unregulated. Or perhaps blame yourself for not utilizing me ulbrichts demon child to obtain yourself some pure heroin.
Who the heck, living as I do in a major metropolitan area replete with a thriving market, buys overpriced heroin by post?
Things won't go back to being a secret, and I don't think they should. More education, more information, less disinformation.
Pandora's box is definitely open, and I suppose the HR stuff might be the hope at the bottom, but not so much ... widespread availability of drugs to the masses isn't HR, most "HR" oriented forums including this one have a lot of good HR content but nonetheless are filled with hypocrites and the self-deluded when it comes to practicing and promoting HR, and in net effect wind up promoting drug abuse and overall degenerate behaviour. Human nature I suppose.

You are right Ross did really brings to the forefront but still he just had good intentions behind an over inflated ego. I hated though when people be acted like this was the first time something had happened like tgat...FM anyone.;)Plus....Phoenix always rise from the ashes and the scenes proved it.

Not the first time, but a matter of scale. Scale is the problem here.

And good intentions? The dude knew nothing about drugs or drug dealing, he wanted to make some kind of ideological point, and he should have left us the hell alone. I have no respect or sympathy for the man, and not an iota of outrage that he's going to spend the rest of his life in prison. Rattle the cage, get the bear. Prison is an occupational hazard of the illicit drug business. His, his mother's and his libertarian minions crying about his sentence as some grave injustice because he was some kind of special snowflake reeked of entitlement and disgusted me. Every working dealer knows it and he thought he was above it because he was a bourgeois Internet connected hipster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.