European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Acupan\Nefopam

Man_Called_Sun

Greenlighter
Evenin' all, I seem to have ended up with a bunch of these little Nefopam tablets. From what I can gather they're pretty pointless, but since the most recent thing I could find online was a 'SWIM' laden Drugs Forum post from 2010 I thought i'd double check here. Bin, or hang on to till I have a headache?

They are indicated for severe pain as a second line analgesic once opiates have been introduced, but the drug ittself has no recreational value.

As you said, hang onto them as they are pretty effective painkillers, but you wont catch a buzz from them..

they potentiate opiates a little bit, i find. they can make you quite drowsy. theyre handy for opiate withdrawal, too. that's about it, really.

Much appreciated, I'll hang on to them till i feel dreadful then. Couldn't sleep at all last night and had a vain hope they might put me down for the night.

I can tell you that 60mg IV over 6 shots 10mg/ml was quite euphoric, smooth and rewardingly rewarming, with quite a challenging headspace at the start followed by smooth relaxation that lasted for 16h+; goes well with alcohol.

Yeah, its nefopam hydrochloride and while its a non opioid it also works as a reuptake inhibitor of serotonin and noradrenalin (and to a lesser extent dopamine) similar to antidepressants. Its thought to be a fairly decent painkiler but I can't see it having much in the way if recreational properties..

Best save it for occasions where you have genuine pain rather than doing owt daft like shooting it and mixing with alcohol etc.

I've taken it, they tried it on with that shite whilst I was on remand for something a few years back before I managed to get any opioid based medication (despite my already being dependent, fuckers expected me to use it to detox.

Can't say it was any good for my joint pain (glass through one of my knee joints, and resultant tendinitis, as a kid, along with the same knee getting stamped on by pikey trash, and over time, trochanteric bursitis, presumably due to the alteration in my walking gait to compensate. No cop for neuropathic pain either IMO, although the nerve damage post knee surgery is more along the lines of paraesthesia and numbness, some pain rather than horrendous neuropathic pain itself. The worst bit of that is that it's left me with a permanent muscle spasm in the calf)

Made me feel pretty badly overloaded, although I'm not entirely surprised that it triggered sensory overloading, I don't really react too well to noradrenergic agents, if it's a package deal along with strong dopaminergic effects, that I can deal with, but things that focus on NE or NE/5HT with little or nothing in the way of DARI or DA releaser action, they don't like me, I don't like them. So YMMV. I've seen it sold and abused inside, but that isn't saying much considering that there were other buggers trying to flog neuroleptics in there too.