• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Pick'ems thread 2015 vs What will the Pats do to earn their asterix this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not about winning. that's what the superbowl is for. but i think you are making a lot of assumptions which are incorrect.

alasdair

Stick around a bit...I'm wrong a lot. But I think I'm right about this.

dy57OBO.jpg

in all seriousness, i mainly want to see a competitive, exciting superbowl. I think you can make arguments either way and the panthers are more well rounded and they are definitely a great team with a great coach. Denver's offense and peyton manning is a big question mark. Cam is going to be tough to stop. If wade phillips can come up with a game plan to stop cam and win on defense then the broncos have a good chance for a win, of course peyton has to score points. Hopefully he can handle the pressure and plays like its his last shot at another superbowl. Good luck mal3 I like to fuck around, but i try to keep it sportsmanlike. May the best team win. :)

I like denver in this one
Peyton has no pressure on him for the first time ever, i think hes gonna shine 1 more time

No pressure? He got destroyed in his last Super Bowl after having arguably he greatest regular season by any quarterback of all time. I would say this is the most pressure he has had to deal with in his entire football career. Also with these reports of him and a handful of other players using HGH

Not to mention he is known to crumble in the playoffs. If he loses he'll be 1-3 in the Super Bowl. People refer to him as "The Greatest Regualr Season QB of All Time" which is definitely something I don't think you want attached to your name. I think all the pressure is on Peyton today, and his offensive line is going to be awful.. I'm expecting at least 2 turnovers from Peyton

Most people didn't even have Carolina making the playoffs this year, they have already exceeded expectations. Even if Carolina lost the Super Bowl, this season has already been a huge success. They're going to be even better next year. This is Denver's last chance for a long long time

car@den

Last edited:
No pressure? He got destroyed in his last Super Bowl after having arguably he greatest regular season by any quarterback of all time. I would say this is the most pressure he has had to deal with in his entire football career. Also with these reports of him and a handful of other players using HGH

Not to mention he is known to crumble in the playoffs. If he loses he'll be 1-3 in the Super Bowl. People refer to him as "The Greatest Regualr Season QB of All Time" which is definitely something I don't think you want attached to your name. I think all the pressure is on Peyton today, and his offensive line is going to be awful.. I'm expecting at least 2 turnovers from Peyton

Most people didn't even have Carolina making the playoffs this year, they have already exceeded expectations. Even if Carolina lost the Super Bowl, this season has already been a huge success. They're going to be even better next year. This is Denver's last chance for a long long time

car@den

Youre 39 years old
You are the losingest playoff QB in NFL history
You have massive pressure all your career to win constantly with teams with no less then 12 wins

And it doesnt matter what people thought of the panthes prior to the season, your 17-1 and you destroyed the cards and seahawks coming into the game

I didnt see any more pressure then having to deal with all that
But peyton managed the game well and won

Last edited:
^ good post

but arguably even peyton was lackluster or it was by any means not his best game as QB
the defense really came through for him though and thoroughly exposed carolina tbh
very glad to see him end on this note though
denver fans jammin et al must be on cloud 9
congrats denver
Cam Newton was visibly shook up even halfway thru the game and the look on his face to me was as if it was all over well before it was
gg though
now my attention, and my avatar, is back to baseball :)

in all seriousness, i mainly want to see a competitive, exciting superbowl. I think you can make arguments either way and the panthers are more well rounded and they are definitely a great team with a great coach. Denver's offense and peyton manning is a big question mark. Cam is going to be tough to stop. If wade phillips can come up with a game plan to stop cam and win on defense then the broncos have a good chance for a win, of course peyton has to score points. Hopefully he can handle the pressure and plays like its his last shot at another superbowl. Good luck mal3 I like to fuck around, but i try to keep it sportsmanlike. May the best team win. :)

Congrats man. Wish the game could have been a little cleaner but thats the nfl I guess. Hopefully we will be back next season better than ever.

Congrats man. Wish the game could have been a little cleaner but thats the nfl I guess. Hopefully we will be back next season better than ever.

Right on man, you guys had me nervous. your D was no joke either and pretty much shut peyton down. Denver's D came through big time. Von is going to be worth some serious dough now. Ware had an excellent game too. Came through when it counted. I know a loss is tough man, but you guys had a great season and you guys will be back. Cam will get one sooner or later for sure. good game dude. :)

jesus though, anyone else feel like cbs did a terrible job? production was terrible, lots of miscues, their referee expert is pretty much always wrong, phil simms is kinda meh, pat bowlen's wife barely knew the name of the team and acted like the lombardi trophy had aids, and the commercials were not entertaining at all. I forgot what was happening on commercial breaks bc they were like 5 minutes long lol.

storybook ending for peyton. he didn't exactly win the game but he did his job. I haven't seen a defense dominate like that in a while. hopefully we can make things work with osweiler next year. elway is one of the best GMs in the league and he put together a killer squad this year and they peaked at just the right time. gonna be hard to afford those players next year and keep this group together.

im sick right now and kept waking up in the middle of the night but what an incredible feeling even being sick. i think the team redeemed themselves and then some. amazing year of football. chip officially removed. no denying what peyton has done for the broncos. he's a leader, a mentor, and has done a lot for the organization as a whole. what an amazing ending to four great years with the team. i think the broncos still have a chance next year with osweiler but well see.

fuck talib though, guy is great but jesus man. between the eye poking and taking off his fucking helmet out on the field, he could have cost us big time. gotta keep your composure out there. guy was acting like a total dumbass.

wtf is up with the budweiser plug from peyton? the first time seemed awkward, the second time seemed absurd. kinda lame.

definitely on cloud 9 right now and very pleased with the team and coaching. wade phillips needs a medal.

Lol. I laughed when the budweiser thing happened, even while drowning in a shallow pool of my own tears.

This one is in the books folks. Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who participated. See you all next year on the bl pick'ems thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.