• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax vs Temazepam for sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac155

Greenlighter
hey guys, just wanted a few opinions on which one works best for u for sleep. 2 mg of xanax or 30 mg of temazepam. they are both equal in doses (according to my doctor).

personally xanax knocks me out more and when i wake up in the middle of the night the effects knock me back out.
i took temazepam last night 30 mg and i didnt feel anything after an hour. so i just went to bed. i was asleep for 6 hours and then i woke up at 7 then at 8.

i know everyone reacts differently to different drugs. and ive done plenty of research to know that typicaly temazepam is better for insomnia than xanax. but i guess im hoping to see that someone else in this world thinks xanax works better for them for sleep than temazepam.

It really depends on what your problem is going to sleep or staying asleep. If it is just falling asleep xanax. Also no fucking way 2 mg xanax = 30 mg temaz. I would go with the xanax as long as you only use it for sleep, you start to abuse it and you tolerance will shoot sky high in weeks.

well the highest pill there is for temaz is 30 and the higest for xanax is 2. having said that, i do occasionally take a xanax with some beers and go out with some friends but my primary reason is for sleep. when i went to barbados this summer i popped a bar and slept thru the whole flight!

also to answer your question in the beginning. although i do tend to have issues occasionally falling asleep due to my mind racing, the underlying reason of my insomnia is staying asleep. i keep waking up in the middle of the night.

side note: idk if any of u think like me but could it be my digestive system that is waking me up all the time? i always wake up in the middle of the night to piss and then i always have to get up early to take a shit because my stomach hurts every morning from the food the night before.

i also have major social anxiety but have never been treated for it. (i hate socializing, i rather be quite. class presentations freak me the fuck out, i stutter like crazy!) so my next question is, maybe its better that i take the xanax for sleep so maybe it will eventually help with my anxiety during the day?

Be very careful using benzos for sleep. Don't use them every night. Doctors over prescribe them as a benign drug, when in reality, even taking them as prescribed nightly for sleep, you will find yourself with a physical need for benzos and some nasty withdrawals without them if used for more then a week or three straight. Consistent benzo use will down regulate benzo receptors, so the withdrawals and paws stretch on and are very shitty, basically your insomnia will be way worse and you'll be an anxious wreck, potentially for months.
In cases of long term use, the withdrawals can be lethal and last for up to a year or longer if not properly tapered off. Xanax withdrawal in high doses is considered worse then heroin withdrawal, and for good reason, you can seiz and die xd. No fun.
Severe hypertension is no fun either.

Only use them when you have something very important to do the next day or when having particularly bad insomnia.

2mg xanax definitely gets the win for knockout benzo. That's a rather high dose as well. (Equiv to 40mg Valium)

well the highest pill there is for temaz is 30 and the higest for xanax is 2. having said that, i do occasionally take a xanax with some beers and go out with some friends but my primary reason is for sleep. when i went to barbados this summer i popped a bar and slept thru the whole flight!

also to answer your question in the beginning. although i do tend to have issues occasionally falling asleep due to my mind racing, the underlying reason of my insomnia is staying asleep. i keep waking up in the middle of the night.

side note: idk if any of u think like me but could it be my digestive system that is waking me up all the time? i always wake up in the middle of the night to piss and then i always have to get up early to take a shit because my stomach hurts every morning from the food the night before.

Yes they are the strongest dose of each pill manufactured, but that is like saying the highest dose of norco is equal to the highest dose of percocet. They are different chemicals and they do different things. Also pams =/= lams

Yes they are the strongest dose of each pill manufactured, but that is like saying the highest dose of norco is equal to the highest dose of percocet. They are different chemicals and they do different things. Also pams =/= lams

i was just quoting what my primary doctor who prescribed them to me said thats all

Be very careful using benzos for sleep. Don't use them every night. Doctors over prescribe them as a benign drug, when in reality, even taking them as prescribed nightly for sleep, you will find yourself with a physical need for benzos and some nasty withdrawals without them if used for more then a week or three straight. Consistent benzo use will down regulate benzo receptors, so the withdrawals and paws stretch on and are very shitty, basically your insomnia will be way worse and you'll be an anxious wreck, potentially for months.
In cases of long term use, the withdrawals can be lethal and last for up to a year or longer if not properly tapered off. Xanax withdrawal in high doses is considered worse then heroin withdrawal, and for good reason, you can seiz and die xd. No fun.
Severe hypertension is no fun either.

Only use them when you have something very important to do the next day or when having particularly bad insomnia.

2mg xanax definitely gets the win for knockout benzo. That's a rather high dose as well. (Equiv to 40mg Valium)

are you talking from your own experience? like have u started off like i have and gradually it became worse?

are you talking from your own experience? like have u started off like i have and gradually it became worse?

Yes I had a benzo habit just from taking 1mg of etizolam a day at night for a prolonged period of time, and a few Valium binges that ended with withdrawals an panick attacks that had me running to the ER. Extended use of benzos beyond a week or two has proven time and time again to be very bad as far as addiction goes and benzo use is linked to things like Alzheimer's, and continued use brings down ur overall cognitive function and eventually doses that worked well for you will stop working as tolerance sets in. But most importantly is the physical dependence that developed to these things. Google benzo withdrawal and paws and see the longest list of withdrawal symptoms for any drug, ever lol.

Yes I had a benzo habit just from taking 1mg of etizolam a day at night for a prolonged period of time, and a few Valium binges that ended with withdrawals an panick attacks that had me running to the ER. Extended use of benzos beyond a week or two has proven time and time again to be very bad as far as addiction goes and benzo use is linked to things like Alzheimer's, and continued use brings down ur overall cognitive function and eventually doses that worked well for you will stop working as tolerance sets in. But most importantly is the physical dependence that developed to these things. Google benzo withdrawal and paws and see the longest list of withdrawal symptoms for any drug, ever lol.
what do u suggest i do? im calling my doctor on monday to figure things out. im going back to school on thursday so idk what to do. i was thinking of asking for a prescription of xanax to take with me to college and see how i do but now ur kinda scaring me. also a lot of people in my frat love taking bars and drinking. i have had an occasion where i od'd on a bar and mad vodka at a day drink one time and ever since then i watch myself very carefully cause i hurt myself physically that day.

what do u suggest i do? im calling my doctor on monday to figure things out. im going back to school on thursday so idk what to do. i was thinking of asking for a prescription of xanax to take with me to college and see how i do but now ur kinda scaring me. also a lot of people in my frat love taking bars and drinking. i have had an occasion where i od'd on a bar and mad vodka at a day drink one time and ever since then i watch myself very carefully cause i hurt myself physically that day.

I suggest you don't take them with regularity, no more then 3 times per week with the short acting 1's like xanax and temazpam, maximum, and even that may be pushing it.

Benzo addiction is no joke.

I suggest you don't take them with regularity, no more then 3 times per week with the short acting 1's like xanax and temazpam, maximum, and even that may be pushing it.

Benzo addiction is no joke.
in college, i drink every thursday friday and saturday. im not here to bloat about being in a frat but thats pretty much what the social schedule is like for me. i tend to take the benzos on the other days. lets put it this way, ik im gonna buy some xanax at school regardless so should i just get a prescription for that. like is it better to keep it to xanax only, and not get a prescription for temazepam.

in college, i drink every thursday friday and saturday. im not here to bloat about being in a frat but thats pretty much what the social schedule is like for me. i tend to take the benzos on the other days. lets put it this way, ik im gonna buy some xanax at school regardless so should i just get a prescription for that. like is it better to keep it to xanax only, and not get a prescription for temazepam.

Being on gaba-b agonists, like alcohol, for half the week, and gaba-a's like benzos for the other half is just asking for dependence on gaba working drugs, which share some of the worst withdrawals around. Just be careful, take breaks. Moderation is important with alcohol, and not using benzos consecutively is important with benzodiazepines.

It really depends on what your problem is going to sleep or staying asleep. If it is just falling asleep xanax. Also no fucking way 2 mg xanax = 30 mg temaz. I would go with the xanax as long as you only use it for sleep, you start to abuse it and you tolerance will shoot sky high in weeks.

You are correct, 2 mg of xanax = 40 mg of temazepam

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2172250-overview

yeah temazepam (aka RESToril) for sleep, but both are effective if you work with them. neither will force me to sleep, so I use 0.3mg of clonidine, which usually does the trick even if I'm struggling. I recently got rid of my temaz script, no longer needed after clonidine.

If you have morning classes / work, the Temazepam seems to have less of a hangover effect then the Xanax. If your looking for straight up knockout power xanax wins but trying to establish cognitive function the next morning can be difficult. Temazepam seems to be more docile but loses effect quickly if used continuously. This might be moot if your going to be buying xanax anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.