MAPS question about depression + PTSD and psilocybin

newway45

Greenlighter
Hi,

I'm 32 years old and suffer from depression for quite some time. several years of psycotherapy haven't helped me so far. although i know the actual roots of the cause of my depression and ptsd my brain can't seem to let it go.

I've been thinking of giving psilocybin a chance.
My thinking was to fly to Amsterdam and try truffles, but after reading few articles i still don't understand whether truffles posses the ability to cure. As far as i understand they contain psilocybin as well but they aren't Magic mushroom and in specific Psilocybe cubensis.Can you please make things clearer? and if truffles and Psilocybe cubensis are not the mushrooms to treat depression which are the ones (and then I assume I can't get it in Europe)
(my second option i am thinking about is to go to Peru and consume Ayauasca but I prefer to avoid Ayahuasca option in the meantime if I can)

Thanks

Last edited:
hey ive suffered from extreme PTSD for a number of years and stemming from that is a number of other mental health diagnosis. i started doing psychedelics as a way of expanding, as well as healing my psyche. mushrooms can seem a bit out of control the first time but can be extremely fun as well as life changing, but even though it helped my depression considerably (no more suicidal thoughts/ self harm) i still tend to have depression relapses from time to time, but thats my personal experience. either way i encourage you to try it out.