Writing-up Have you ever used a drug to keep you active or alert? How about to help you sleep?

rogeil

Greenlighter
Hi,
My name is Rowan and I am part of a team of researchers at Monash University and Turning Point are seeking to understand the way people use different ‘uppers’ and ‘downers’ to function in our society which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You only need to have used at least one of these substances to participate in our survey. This survey can be completed online at the address provided below, and takes around 30 minutes to complete. This allows you provide confidential responses in a time and place that suits you. Participants who complete the survey will be eligible to enter the prize draw to win 1 of 10 gift cards, each valued at $50.

For more info, email [email protected] or contact me via the Bluelight private message system
Or visit: https://monashmnhs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8x0m4OwGU6fcyVv

To begin the survey go to: https://monashmnhs.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8x0m4OwGU6fcyVv

Thanks for your time,
Rowan

I've taken nytol I also used it to get high once will never forget the faces inside of the walls :D!

-Streetcow

I have used benzodiazepines and opiates to function at work and at home. Used to be a lot more productive.
I never really understood why uppers haven't ever worked in these cases as it always made me nervous and agitated.
Done!!

Last edited:
Survey completed in great depth for the research, and myself being a particularly great candidate for the study! Thanks for posting!

I would take it but I'm afraid I'll skew the results somehow - being that I'm not working and definitely not a productive member of society anymore.

I started taking the survey, but it seems pretty flawed because it doesn't respect random sleep patterns. E.g. some days I stay up until 3am then sleep until 3pm, then fall asleep 6am sleep until 12am. Then don't sleep at all a night, etc. Then it suddenly is all normal again, I stick to schedule. Probably psychological. I don't have "problems falling asleep" if I just sleep like this whenever it works by chance. My job is flexible like this from at home, and people may simply ring me awake if they need me, otherwise I just do the stuff later on. Sometimes there is a ton of work, sometimes no work for a week. It just all depends.

Caffeine, nicotine, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, phenibut/lyrica/gabapentin/baclofen, opiates, kava, various supplements including 5-HTP, and of course, prescribed anti-depressants.

The one I'm on now, mirtazapine, does a bit of both, but helps most with sleep.

i v taken shit loads a top quality speed ( uk amph speed ) over 21 / 22 yr iv had my times off it , but 85-90% of the last 22 yr iv been out ma NUT most ppl dont know im on it becfause its my dark seceret , iv taken it just b4 bed & got a power sleep 1hr tops , iv been awake 5 days b4 with not a wink when i decide to come off for a while iv been in bed seeping 3/4 days just getting up for a piss & munchie , would you think im the man to take your survey

I've taken nytol I also used it to get high once will never forget the faces inside of the walls :D!

-Streetcow

I took nytol for years at 15 -17. I tool 5, 6, 7, 8 a night. At 18 years old I was diagnosed with the Askins tumor, a rare muscle cancer that killed everyone that was reported having it in a year to a few. Dad took me to the medical library and after seeing no one lived taking either chemo or radiation I decided to take both which no one else had done. Went fromk 185 to 142, lost my hair, needed a blood transfusion cause my hemoglobin went down to 4 and began to hate all food except moms chicken soup. At 25 I already outlived all of the others and started taking about 30 tylenol with codeine a day only to be diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma of the right Kidney at 26. I believe it all started from the massive amounts of Nytol I started taking at such a young age.

If you or anyone you know took a lot of nytol or tylenol pm and developed cancer please message me.

Last edited:
I've been on Temazapam nightly for sleep for 8 years. Prescribed by an idiot psychiatrist to an idiot patient who didn't know enough to research what she was taking and how it was supposed to be taken.

Will be happy to take the survey if prescribed usage counts.

(living in fear of withdrawal)