• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How is a tramadol high???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetcow

Bluelighter
Is a tramadol high any good if so dosage effects and risks???? Thanks and all responses appreciated!!!!

-Streetcow

IF you are one that CAN get effects from it it starts off kind of speedy do to the SRNI properties it has then turns into a more traditional mild opioid high kind of like kratom but lasts a lot longer. I feel the srni effects within a half hour but the opioid effects is closer to 2 hours.

Tramadol interacts with A LOT of meds so be sure to check for interactions if you are on any, also if you have a seizure history stay away because tramadol has the ability to cause them at higher doses (they say 400mg) but people have had them at lower doses as well. 150mg is probably a good starting dose to see how you react to it then you could add another 50mg and hour later. I'm not comfortable recommending going higher than 200mg.

Some people get absolute nothing from tramadol for others (myself included) it was a great buzz when my opioid tolerance was low, not so much now. :(

Tramadol has actually taken away some withdrawal symptoms for me like restless legs and runny nose. It's a weird drug with my brain chemistry. Almost like an amp, but small amout of relief like a 5mg hydro, or similar.

Trams make me feel wired at a 150mg dose,my pupils enlarge a bit, totally different effect from trams to my opanas.

Be careful using trams at high doses because of seizure risk.

Tramadol has always been light to me and I never really related to this type of analgesia.
Even though tramadol might be lighter than other opiates, high doses are always dangerous.
Mixing them to other medication has made me feel pretty bad too.

coming off trammies is VERY hard and the crash is brutal...but by far the most under rated " shelf med" on the planet

great the first 1 or 2 times, abuse is a definate no go though. I developed Non-psychogenic siezure disorder after abusing trammys for a period of 18 months. Now whenever I get stressed my brain just flicks off and i end up having a fit.

Not something i'd recommend if i'm honest, unless your will power is vast. With them being so easy to find it's very easy to develop a habit and before you know it youre hooked. Harder to come off than Benzos' and ive heard a few people compare it to methadone, although i never went near methadone I got clean the right way (cold turkey and scared myself to death to ever end up there again)

stay safe regardless, i wouldnt wish non epileptic siezures on anybody as you dont even get a "tell" to prepare for the coming siezure, you just wake up disorientated and scared.
But as i said that was after a very lengthy period of abuse (upwards of 1200mg a day in 2 doses)

i took a shit ton of tramadol before for legit pain issues which didnt last more than 3 weeks its a very mild high but high doses can cause issues dangerous issues i know this is a HR site but...but tramadol will disappoint you if you are chasing a high

^Same here. Even when I needed it didn't really work. We're all so different.

About to find out...jsut took 100g.

I hope there is a "m" missing there behind the 100 or you're gonna have a bad day lol.

Tramadol is weaksauce shit. Why its even prescribed, lot alone scheduled in the US, is beyond me. Tramadol highs are rarer than gold plated Unicorns.

I hope there is a "m" missing there behind the 100 or you're gonna have a bad day lol.

Tramadol is weaksauce shit. Why its even prescribed, lot alone scheduled in the US, is beyond me. Tramadol highs are rarer than gold plated Unicorns.

Lol. It's a lot..like Fentanyl in mg instead of mcg..:)

depends. many experienced opiate users report no effect at all. as a mildly experienced opiate user, it did give me a little xtra boost - kinda speedy and actually worked on some chronic pain i have when no other opiates did.

i would actually NOT reccomend trying to get high of this med. the max dose is only like 400 mg and then you run serious risks of seizure above that even though people take incredible amounts. then the withdraw is also horrible. wanna get high, smoke some weed. that is my best answer, unless you have to get drug tests or something.

I'd say almost not at all in the painkilling department. It's metabolized strangely, and I find doses (say 100. then another 100 mg.) more effective than, say a 300 mg immediate dose, and it's one you can take on sub (buprenorphine), just sayin'. As others have said it carries too many risks to be abused, or USED for that matter, so think carefully there.

Last edited:
As others have said it carries too many risks to be abused, or USED for that matter, so think carefully there.

Only if taken in higher doses or combined with other serotonergic or seizure-threshold lowering drugs.

Is someone gets a good high from Tramadol depends on how he/she metabolizes it to the more potent O-Desmethyltramadol. Similar to DXM some people lack the enzymes to do that and thus are not getting much out of Trams.
Also: If you have a decent tolerance to opioids then Tramadol will lose its appeal. I loved it back then but now after being on Bupe for months it doesn't work anymore instead of taking away the WDs.

I was prescribed tramadol at 400mg/day one month after I quit methadone. It actually made some symptoms a bit worse and helped very little for other ones, all in all it wasn't worth it and I had to start taking Suboxone. And I used to get very good effects from relatively low doses of codeine before I developed tolerance, tramadol is metabolized to desmethyltramadol by the same enzyme that metabolizes codeine to morphine. I didn't really take tramadol when my tolerance was still low enough for me to have strong opioid effects from codeine, so it might be that, but overall I guess I never enjoyed tramadol due to awful serotonin and noradrenaline related effects. I would always get very nauseous on tramadol while I never experienced any nausea on morphine-like opioids. It's a weird high, quite stimulating but at the same time very dull, opioids usually made me very motivated and productive unless I took high doses to nod out, tramadol never had those positive effects of classic opioids for me though.

For me it's kind of nice, like a longer lasting codeine combined with a stimulant. It's not to be abused at high doses (never go over 400mg a day) or mixed with any other drugs at all really due to the seizure risk, no stims, opiods, antidepressants, etc. Not to be taken if you have a history of seizures or anything either.

Overall it's mild, but fairly nice if you have little opioid tolerance or seizure risk & don't take too much or mix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.