Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Air duster/unknown dose) - First Time - Spiritual experiance from air duster

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
Date unknown
Age 12
One time I had a DMT like experience from Air duster. Through a period of about a year i would use mind altering chemicals to produce a psychedelic experience. About every weak i would inhale air duster. The dangerous and potentially life threatening substance would usually produce a level three psychedelic experience. One day a level five psychedelic experience was reached. I had one can and my parents would notice missing cans. I kept inhaling for at least a minute. I used a specific type of breathing when taking it. First i would take deep, yoga like breaths, then i would take more exhale slowly, sometimes quickly. I decided to breath in through the mouth and out the nose simultaneously. This was key because I could literally feel the gas touching my brain. I had the can on my mouth for at least a minute. Rather than breath in I just let the gas make its way down my through and it naturally went out my nose. That's all it really take to get the most of a a limited amount of air duster just fill your mouth up, open up throat and nose passages, and the gas flow through you. I probably only took a few hits, I just kept on inhaling the same one for like 20 seconds. This didn't give me a chance to breath. I probably held my breath for damn near a minute. Not only was I experiencing the air duster, but the lack of regular oxygen. My body was so numb that I would not notice i was running out of oxygen, until i started choking.

I used the for mentioned breathing techniques to huff air duster. After about five straight minutes of nothing but huffing i would turn on some psychedelic music. Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, Grateful Dead etc. As soon as my buzz faded i would repeat. By the that time i would turn on a different songs. After doing this three times the Tomorrow Never Knows/Within Without You Remix (www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07N5u…) came on. I sat down and closed my eyes. I saw a black void with the stars. I was in space. This was in the music video, kind of like my eyes absorbed it and it went into my mind. On the bottom left corner of my vision I saw a waveform sound spectrum show the dynamics of the music from the time Paul says ''Turn of your mind relax and float down stream, It is not dieing it is not dieing". Then it dispersed. Suddenly a big bright light shined in front of me. It had a silhouette of a man sitting in a yoga position in front of it. Who could it be. Me, Krishna, the ghost of George Harrison. The beat started playing. I saw what looked like a small four legged spider man logo made of gold. I flew around and around. I opened my eyes. It stopped. I woke up and i really didn't think much of it until later that day. When I got up the high was fading away. Inhalants are notorious for being short lived. It was like at the time it was normal. I heard Joe Rogan say some stuff about how when he was on DMT, he had memory issues afterwards, like it was a dream, in fact he had to write it down

I wasn't quite sure if it was the video or i was tripping. I looked at the music video it was nothing like the trip except the stars and space. I was tripping for 54 seconds it felt like 5 seconds. I am not sure if this is a NDE or a hallucination. Was this air duster or DMT being released at death. Maybe i will never know, but its really torturing me to find out. I'm not going to do it again and find out. I probably was supposed to die that day

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a trip report section for this. This does not belong here. Second, yes you are an idiot for doing it, but then again who hasn't (mine was with whippets of course but same feeling). Every time I would do them I would reach a point where I understood something, and I would try to remember it as I got back through all the layers of the trip and by the time I got out of it without fail I would forget the 'answer to everything.' For years I told people about this weird thing that THE answer to life, but I could never remember it. So a friend of mine had me setup a camera while we did them to see what we could capture. Most of the time when I was in that level I was like spasming, could not understand me. And just when I gave up thinking I would find the answer, I managed to make out something I said: "remember, death is the answer..."

When we saw that we both went HOLY SHIT! freaky as fuck. I think I was literally getting so fucked up I was almost dying and that was what was happening. Some crazy ass shit. After seeing that I never once did it again. My year long quest to remember what whippets taught me was: "the answer to life is death." CREEPY

There is a trip report section for this. This does not belong here. Second, yes you are an idiot for doing it, but then again who hasn't (mine was with whippets of course but same feeling). Every time I would do them I would reach a point where I understood something, and I would try to remember it as I got back through all the layers of the trip and by the time I got out of it without fail I would forget the 'answer to everything.' For years I told people about this weird thing that THE answer to life, but I could never remember it. So a friend of mine had me setup a camera while we did them to see what we could capture. Most of the time when I was in that level I was like spasming, could not understand me. And just when I gave up thinking I would find the answer, I managed to make out something I said: "remember, death is the answer..."

When we saw that we both went HOLY SHIT! freaky as fuck. I think I was literally getting so fucked up I was almost dying and that was what was happening. Some crazy ass shit. After seeing that I never once did it again. My year long quest to remember what whippets taught me was: "the answer to life is death." CREEPY

Damn... I've never experianced that from whippits. I remember feeling the presence of God or the Grim Reaper during spice trips however. I would close my eyes and see a scythe.

air duster (usually fluoroethane or some other fluorocarbons) is one of the toxic bad nasty inhalants.

i'll move this to trip reports but there's no guarnatee it will stay open

A friend of mine was addicted to this stuff and died from it after having a seizure. If any dumb kid comes across this thinking it sounds cool, don't even bother.

Actually whippets (which are nitrous oxide) are one of the safest inhalants... I wouldn't say it's good for you but they give it to you (from a mask, not from a whip cream can) at the dentist, it's an effective tool for analgesia and dissociation. You definitely didn't almost die, though I understand the feeling.

The experience of OP relating a childhood experience with inhalants sounds driven by the music, the deeper message within the lyrics, the instrumental emphasis and alliterative hooks, rather than by anything specific to the chemical.

Conceivably, this caused a reaction that enraptured the listener (OP) in a transcendent way. The message is ineffable because it was experience-based. Senses were awry and consciousness was being blitzed in an unforgettable fashion. This somehow unlocked the door to the inner sanctum of esoteric knowledge and enlightenment within music that has existed since the Egyptian priests, to the Troubadours, and the rock avatars of the 1960's 1970s era.

There are quite a few trip reports, erowid experiences, and thread compilations from other websites whereby someone takes some unheard of concoction and is taken on a journey where universal truths are revealed. Oftentimes if you listen very hard the tune will come to you at last, such as "your stairway lies on the whispering wind", and you will go "AHA", how simple is that? ☺️

It may not be the substance, but the experience while under the influence, that is the more appropriate way to address these intoxicating events.?

Psychedelicsoul's report was appreciated as an important personal moment that produced thoughtfulness, wonderment, and wisdom, many years later.

I'm sure we all appreciate your ability to be candid with us in sharing your story, but as you've been told, it's dangerous shit. Just for reference's sake as well, nitrous oxide and inhalants like air duster are in a completely different league. Air duster can kill instantly, by freezing the lungs or some shit, whereas nitrous oxide has been a mainstay in the medical and recreational community for quite some time, due to it's well-known safety in application.

I was young once too and I huffed air duster as well, once. I had already done real drugs by that point, so as you might imagine, I never saw any reason to touch the shit again. Please don't be doing this on a regular basis OP. Like a lot of things in life, you probably won't die, but you're chances of doing so are greatly increased by huffing this shit.

There is an old guy in my town (50 something) who uses to huff paint on a regular basis for a few years

His brain is so fried he talks like he has mental retardation

And that's if he can get the words out.....slow and very much difficult for him

True story.....it is really kind of sad because folks I talk with that went to high school with him tell me he was quite normal before he started huffing

OP, if you can remember the dose you took then let me know either through here or PM. Thanks. :)

A friend of mine was addicted to this stuff and died from it after having a seizure. If any dumb kid comes across this thinking it sounds cool, don't even bother.
I could not agree more with that statement . This is some pretty scary and dangerous stuff I have had a few friends who were into it and to see how they reacted afterwards was rather scary . ex. Talking to people who were not there , acting very strange and bizzare and really getting absolutely no positive recreational value out of it other than maybe a glance at death and a shortening of their life and mental capacity . Stay away from duster , this shit is pure evil

My experience with duster is as follows and does not entail any type of "spiritual experience". Try dimethyltriptimine (DMT) for that or even some psilocybin mushrooms.

Air duster are very dangerous and I would not teccomend anyone try them due to the danger to high ratio. But in my experience with dusters (probably done it 40x) is actually one of the most intense and... Strangest experiences with mind altering substances, in which I have a PHD ? IMO there are three or four types of duster highs for me and friends,
some depending on amount inhaled and at how fast.

1.) (usually a generous pull or two, maybe three) immediately after inhalation, or during, a deep "woahwoahwoahwoah" behinds insides the head, any sounds such as music and voices seem to slow down. Slightly dizzy, not in a bad way neccesarily, possibility of auditory hallucination such as hearing people talk.

2.) (usually deep, long pulls at about 4-7 times) by 3 or 4 pulls I experience most #1s effects while taking the rest of the hits. After done, a complete disassociation with yourself. Loud woahwoahwoah audio noises, hearing is very impaired. Visually very mild, maybe wavy edges to long surfaces. Ocassionally talking to myself sometimes and then stop and wonder if I was just talking or if someone else was talking. Hearing people speak to me that aren't there. Body feels light at first and very heavy at the end of the high. Short blackouts (but enough time to do something dumb)

3:) (quick, FULL hits, inhale fast and exhale a little slower, but back to back for about 10-12 times... AGAIN DUSTERS ARE DANGEROUS AND DEADLY AND I DO NOT ENDORSE THE USE OF THEM. At this dose of duster, all 12 pulls should be done within 45seconds, if you
Can even make it to 12 hits. This is potentially the way for death if you do not do it correctly, example tilting canister. Experience was absolute delirium. Examples are as follows: thought my girlfriend was my friend Patrick and he told me and showed me he'd give me 500$ to kick down the door into my guest room at my house. Example is dusting in my car in a mall parking lot, mall closed and a few cars in parking lot, two particular cars about 200 years across our lot. Got high, with my friend, and was 100% convinced that my sister (who was never ever with us at the mall) said to me from the back seat that the guys outside those cars across the parking lot called her a whore. I jumped out of my car, sprinted over to two tall 30 year olds. Started yelling in their face racial terms talking about my sister who was nowhere to be seen. Luckily I wasn't assaulted. And lastly i had just woken up literally, and decided to do duster right then and there. Probably the fastest biggest pulls I've ever done, at about 11-13 pulls in 45 sec. Immediately lost all motor skills, whold body buzz, heard yells from far away calling my name, air conditioning vent sounded like a jet engine in my house (roommates at work so very quiet) and then remember trying to sit up and passed out. Woke up approximately 2 hours later in vomit almost choking, and immediately vomited again. Incapable of anything for the rest of that day accompanied by a splitting headache.
4.) pretty much death.

Never try this shit, it's not worth it, it's dangerous, it tastes bad, it's not recreational it's really just for people who have nothing else to use, which could be an issue. DONT DO IT THIS IS FOR REFERNCE AND RESEARCH PURPOSE ONLY!!!!

Actually whippets (which are nitrous oxide) are one of the safest inhalants...

I saw a report where someone had a blood oxygenation meter and used it with a few friends during a session. When people would re-breathe out the balloon, it would dip to about 50 percent. This is not normal: your body near constantly holds blood-oxygenation above 95 percent. So people still have to be extremely careful with it: feeling like you need to breathe during the experience is not a reliable indicator.

ebola

Be careful with that stuff man, if you're going to continue doing it. I will suggest Marijuana to you. Why Because it can give you an amazing experience beyond belief. I do not do MJ personally anymore (Long story) but I bet it would be right up your alley. Be safe my friend. :)

There is an old guy in my town (50 something) who uses to huff paint on a regular basis for a few years

His brain is so fried he talks like he has mental retardation

And that's if he can get the words out.....slow and very much difficult for him

True story.....it is really kind of sad because folks I talk with that went to high school with him tell me he was quite normal before he started huffing

Reminds me of a guy from the town I grew up in, he would chug vodka like it was water...
Before his death he was shitting himself, but he would still get the booze somehow

Actually the claim that the brain releases DMT during death is a claim made by Strassman in his book, which he admits he has no evidence for; in other words, it's speculation. And there has been no evidence found that DMT is ever present except in minute amounts or that it's released in death. Our brains do make it, along with many other tryptamines (most notably serotonin), but the idea that it's released in large amounts in death (and some people claim birth as well) is 100% speculation but it's been repeated as fact so often that a great many people take it as such (you have no idea how many people have said it to me in conversations).

I think that what's going on during death is far more complex than a DMT trip. Not to mention, people who have died and been revived tend to report similar experiences, but I've never heard a claim of visuals or anything else that sounds like DMT.

But yeah, inhalants are bad news and do bring you close to death, and can in fact kill you much more easily than most other drugs. Not to mention that getting "high" on them causes brain damage to a significant degree.

You had a level five experience, because you were nearly dying! The inhalants cut off blood flow to your brain, and you were not tripping but actually having a DMT experience because your body releases it before death because it takes you into the afterlife. You basically got halfway to heaven and somehow miraculously came back. No trip involved, just endogenous DMT taking your soul into the ethers. That's what I think was going on, and inhalants are something I do not recommend for HR purposes. I've done them before as a teen, but I do not recommend it and we are both very lucky that we survived these stupid experiments. That shit is dangerous, do not do it.

uhhh no. Read the link I attached earlier. Difluroethane is an anesthetic gas...and it was/is actually used as an anesthetic gas in humans.

To be candid, I am quite familiar with the effects of DMT and huffing computer duster and needless to say...duster is not a DMT trip. Try again.