• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Need help with placebo Adderall possibilities or other ideas

Jccj

Greenlighter
I am not sure if this allowed. Would appreciate help if so. If not.. Please delete. My husband spent 6 years in Iraq, etc in the Army. They have him literally addicted to Adderall. I think a lot is in his head also that he needs it, that he is frustrated and angry without it. I have seen him be out and maintain in front of his parents, etc. so, here is what I want to do. I need to find fake looking Adderall. They have him on 120 pills a month!!! 80 mg a day. When I tried to talk to dr when he was on 60 mg a day and issues... He just increased it aaaahhhh!!! So, I have tried looking for vitamins, etc. that look like it. No luck. His are round and peach. Any ideas on placebos? I know if I start slipping him like real slowly he could be weened. He takes 28 pills a week. So if I start with one fake one during week... Then Nextel Erik two fake. I realize it would take almost 6 months. But even if he could get back yo two a day. When he runs out... He is worthless. Like a zombie. Can't stay awake. Yawned one time 32 times in 9 miles on way home. Lol. I can't leave him with kids. I need help. I have tried every psychologist, psychiatrist, etc for help. They have 6 month waiting lists to even see me on this or not taking on more patients at this time. Thanks in advance. I even thought if I could order off those Canadian sites that people say they sell Adderall, but really isn't. But my luck it would actually end up being so. Lol.

Welcome :)

Giving him fake pills without him knowing is deceptive and I don't think it will help of any help. What's his opinion on the matter ? Does he want to stop using ? If so, a slow taper is probably the best way to quit.

I moved this to The Dark Side.

I understand your worry, and that you are fed up with his behaviors that come with his use (as well as his belief that he needs it) but I have to agree with flyhighk that tricking him isn't really going to help. In the first place you are risking throwing him onto a rollercoaster physically and secondly you are risking something much more basic, the trust that is necessary in any marriage. Sounds to me like he has a shoddy doctor--is he a VA doctor? I have read a few articles about how many Iraq/Afghanistan vets have been returned home with stimulant dependencies. It is disgusting that the VA just continues to throw them at these vets rather than helping them get off.

my therapist believes smoking methamphetamine helps people more than it doesnt (real meth) uhh 120 pills a month? my daily meth dosage was 100 mg (crystal form, no cognitive bias cough placebo from an amount of pills) the amount of pills doesnt matter, atm i have three bottles of adderall that add up to... 180 a month. just started and my therapist immediately believed that its the only thing that makes me able to do anything (i have schizophrenia and add, so i have a 'living comprehension problem, the only cure ive ever found for this was amphetamine) (my therapist is an elderly woman that hasnt even smoked weed)

Last edited:
its not they randomly turned them into 'stimulant addicts' maybe they ALWAYS needed something extra to feel normal? and didnt realize till they started there medicine? did he get straight fs throughout the entirety of his schooling because it was actually too tough? i just realize talking to you in this manners innappropriate. go to a doctor.

personally, amphetamine makes me tired anyway (at the 'correct dose') (about to nod from my dose, hope i can get it raised soon) so adderalls four amphetamine salts, dexedrines one, maybe dexedrine has less of a what do you call it, 'body load feeling when coming down'

Welcome :)

Giving him fake pills without him knowing is deceptive and I don't think it will help of any help. What's his opinion on the matter ? Does he want to stop using ? If so, a slow taper is probably the best way to quit.

I moved this to The Dark Side.

Being out there in war zones and coming back is something that is clearly not working well and the help he´s getting is probably not solving the problem neither helping him with his addiction. I can just presume how exhausting the entire thing must be for both of you.

I guess anyone under these conditions should want a way out, if well oriented.
Sometimes the relationships are more important and one might not realize it until it´s too late.
But as flyhighk posted, these questions are important to find out where you stand.

Are u prepared if this back fires and he finds out? Even tho it's mental it is still real to him. If he is that addicted he is going to be able to tell by his mood,motivation,and focus that there is something wrong with the pills..even tho it's in his head without the adderall his brain will not be getting the dopamine that it is used to and there will be negative side effects..

personally if my woman did this there would be hell to pay.u sound very naive to addiction

I think trying to switch your husband's meds is a bad idea. Instead, have a talk with him and let him know your concerns. This way, at his next appointment if he is agreeable (do you usually go with him?) the doctor could possibly adjust his medications.

^That seems the most reasonable thing to do at this moment. It´s a long process.