• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

Right? Herion stayed in my system for 10 days... and that halflife is 4-6 hours.... Bupe is 24-70..... so good god, it could be in my body for a month.

Something in my mind is saying hold on to the subs, in case I cave. IN case I"M NOT GOING TOO dammit.... but ID go to the bupe rather then H....I have not used subs in over 60 hours and I dont intend too... but there is something nice knowing I have them locked away... less anxiety....

Gosh.. why is the runs (dihhheeraa) one of my later symtoms? Before I tried to quit Herion.. it was very 1st symtom and enlarged pupils... I have not gotten enlarged pupils or lacremenation.. tearing eyes... Now... 1st symtoms where gooshfelesh, hot n cold, pinns and needles in limbs, extreme fatigue, rumbly tumbly, then now the RUNSSSS I'm at about 64hrs without Sub... I took 4mg of Lopermide.. anti-runs... its been about 30 mins.. Havnt noticed any improvement in my sotmach yet.. hopefully no runs tonight. Going to take the usual Hylands Restless legs, True calm, 5htp, Melatonin before bed..

update: 1 1/2 hrs after 4mg of Lopermide anti runs.. Stomach feels more at ease.

Last edited:
dont take any more sub. you should get this over with over the weekend. if you dont do any now then youll feel much better on monday...i know it feels like an impossibility BUT FUCKING MAN UP YOU PUSSY!!!! :)

i did it, so can you. i know it hurts, but it's not gonna kill you. look at this as a lesson that opiates are fucking useless and futile.

[QUOTE|

update: 1 1/2 hrs after 4mg of Lopermide anti runs.. Stomach feels more at ease.[/QUOTE]
Damn, when I used to get sick that shit would plug me up but my stomach would constantly rumble. It got to the point that the shits were preferable to the bubble gut constipation. As Shrek says better out then in, for me anyway but as I said we all withdrawal differently.

I love that you can call me a Pussy and poke at me.. Shows you believe in me. I appreciate that. I have NOT given in to temptation. I am doing this, I got this! I wnat to be that THREAD people go to for inspiration! Thanks yall! Of course ill update you in the morning!

I Did only 12 days detox... after a year 1gram Herion habbit. I'm proud of that in itself. It just shows how POWERFUL the mind is.. god damn

Its true. It is all a matter of will and whats in your head matters a lot more than the intensity of the physical symptoms.

I also want to emphasize that indeed what you did so far is an accomplishement in itself.

And each other following days as well. Anyone that have not experienced it can't know as deeply as you do and you can find pride and strenght in what you have accomplished.

I came very strongly about flushing your stash. That is because it is in my opinion the optimal move. It sets your mind on the right frame. That you are going through no matter what. No more options and temptation. It frees you.

However the comments of other bluelighters made me realize that it is true there is no bad way. I wish you well and it is to me a certainty that if you take them it will set you back. But if you feel better hanging to them then who am I to say what you should and shouldn't do.

It is also true that no one will juge whatever you end up doing.

You are getting your life back and ultimately that is the only thing that really matters here.

Day 14... 2 week update: Sat morning. 72 hours since my last sub use. Taper is 12-6-4-2-1.5-1-1-.75-.5.-.5-0.-.5-0-0-0<-----Thus far... Got about 3-4 hrs of sleep better then last night. I did use some booze, and maybe that Lopermide helped last night. Regardless Honesty is the best policy here. I'm GRINDING I'm not quitting. I'm taking this hour by hour Everyone. Obviously I'm withdrawling... I"m up at 5am typing this on a SAT morning. I deserve it tho from all the nights I was HIGHHHH and slept in till 1-2pm. One quote... "You gotta want it as badddd as you want to breathe". Thats my motive today. I will continue to update: I hope everyone has a great day. My symtoms are all still really bad...

Come on you mother fucking giant pussy,hey if pussy worka for motivation then this work really work,LOL! Hey whatever get's you sober ,right?
I love that you can call me a Pussy and poke at me.. Shows you believe in me. I appreciate that. I have NOT given in to temptation. I am doing this, I got this! I wnat to be that THREAD people go to for inspiration! Thanks yall! Of course ill update you in the morning!

Of course he believes In you he's a good guy(hope I got gender right)! We all believe in you!

Indeed we do. It was unavoidable. Now its happening and soon it ll be over. Good luck you pussy ?

This is awful. I think having 2 days off is worse.. all I can do is think about the symtoms and temptations. lol... I walked 2 miles earlier, helped a bit until I had to RUN back to the bathroom..I had to clench lol!!!

Not that anyone is listening anymore.. but still fighting the fight.. later..

Day 15... 2 week update: Sun morning. 96 hours since my last sub use. Taper is 12-6-4-2-1-1.5-.75-.5.-.5-0.-.5-0-0-0-.5 yes.... Do you see that .50 at the end I caved and put a sliver in my mouth. Hopefully I can beat this. FOr some reason the depression is killing me more then anything. GF is going to leave me soon, she says I have no passion for life, she doesnt know whats going on... It's killing me to be strong. I know one thing. I"m not going up in dose on subs and Im NOT going back to HERION

3 hours of sleep fri night
1 hour of sleep tonight.. I'm taking everythign to help em sleep including booze... graet help huh

Failed again. twice now.. But I will say I'm still along the protocol and following Robert325 method.. No MORE until Wed and that would be LAST dose if that is even needed by then. Hopefully not. For some reason its been getting worse n worse and its been 96 hours!!!!! since the last sub use.. this .5 has done ANYTHING To improve my mood or symtoms, maybe my sotmach issue. Maybe you rirhgt, I just need to throw them away... becuase .5 isnt helping anymore must be my tolderance...one thing I'm NOT doing is increasing the dosage.. Love yall.... up at 4:30am... Guess ill use it as a extra hour to better myself today.

Still supplmenting with L-tyrosine, b-6, True calm, 5-htp- Velvarian root, Gaba, Vitamin C, Multi Men Sport (extra amnios) Tons of Pscho bleds for men.. prostate, etc. Hylands restlesse legs pills... Melatonin... Beer, Tramadol, 5 xaxax on standby.. I used 1 last night didnt do ANYTHING pointless. GOd hopefully somethign changes int he next few days. I'm not going back no matter what tho.

Last edited:
Hang I'm there, OP. there's nothing wrong with taking 0.5 again, everyone is different. I really find this hard to accept, that your acute w/d is taking this long and there is still insomnia.

About the gf, have you told her what's going on? Maybe if she knew, she would be more supportive?

Hang in there, dude. Its MUST come to an end soon. Acute w/d has to end eventually...this flies in the face of everything I know and have experienced...

Anyone have a link or factual knowledge of how long it takes the brain to sent dopamine seratonin normally again? How long it takes for the brain to heal? I"m very curious, I can't find anything.

it seems to start happening gradually and varys greatly from person to person. youll be feeling better in a couple of days. youve got to pay the piper, so to speak.

the good news is, when you start feeling better, youll probably have those 2 weeks where you feel amazing to be alive, because your natural opioids will start being released. dont quit now!

youve got to pay the piper, so to speak.

This is so true. I always remind myself that the cosmos exists in constant balance - just like you can't have atoms on one side of the = sign in a chemical equation without them appearing on the other side, you also can't be high for a year straight without having to get low for some time. "Natura Omnia Librat". This knowledge really helps me when it comes to acceptance.

Hang in there, bro. You didn't mention - does the gf know? I'd hate for you to have to lose that because of lack of communication.

Don't worry, we do listen, we are there and not going anywhere.

It is not the end of the world that you took thay .5 it only means you did not use and are still onboard with the program.

You asked about how long it takes for the brain to fully heal but in my humble opinion is not the right question. The right one is when will you feel better and things will get easier and easier and the answer is soon.

The depression was also what was worse for me. Actually it got me back to using when I was out of the acute phase (very stupid). From the testimony I gathered, I should have wait for 1 or 2 weeks and would have been waaay better.

In any case, you are going through what is needed to. I have quit cold turkey more than once and I ve basically was barely able to move for the worst days. It will definitely be less brutal but still, it is bound to be unpleasant for a short time.