• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Coming off 1 year .5 insuffulated Herion addicted. Using subs (HELP PLEASE)

When I got on Methadone ,the first 2 days I did 4 bags the 3 of dope after that I was already on 70 mg of done and getting the high from it you get the first 2 weeks,,, suboxine im told gets people high as well just not sure how

I purchased some Kratom 3 days ago and also have Tramadol on standby. My taper has been 12-6-4-2-1-.5.5-(0)<-- Today so my last dost was .5mg at like 3:00am yesterday. Been about 30 hrs since last use... I still feel about the same as I did on .5..... What do you all think of that. It will probably hit me tonight or tomorrow but will it be bad? hmmm I'm just soo ready to get this done. I drug tested myself and I STILL tested positive for Herion aka Morphine on the panel. It's been 8 days since last use.... WTF?!?!?!? I'm still just so suprised I feel so exceptional I have to have to be only on 1mg MAX at my taper... I know they stack... but the last time I had 1mg was 4 days ago. I've been on .5 for 2 days then 0... today.. Hmmm! I just love when others that have gone through give input on all the questions, it makes this all more possible. At least for me.

Last edited:
Hey haven't read about your situation since my last post and just want to congratulate you on making it this far.

You are doing great !

Now I have never used Suboxone to detox, the only time I tried I ended in precipated and relapsed.

But I do think you are not out of the wood yet and that the worst is to come. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news and I might be wrong since my lack of Sub experience however I would think the real test will be once you are a few days (3 to 5) off the Sub due to its long half-life.

I've noticed you talked about soar muscles which was one of my first and most proeminent symptoms.

Best advice I can give you that helped me a lot is hot baths with epson salts. You can find that off counters in most pharmacy.

Meanwhile, I would definitely try to get a week off from work if it is at all possible. I hope I am wrong but my guts tells me that you are going to have harder than it's been so far. Nonetheless, if that is the case, know you have done everything you could to make it more bearable and that it will indeed be a lot less difficult than had you not proceed how you did. Also keep in mind that this is only temporary. Each day when you go to bed, weather you sleep or not, know that except for the first few days it can only gets better and it does.

It is a great thing that you keep this thread alive and updated. You will receive some support here and that is priceless.

Good luck and again congratulation !

THank you for the quick reply. I actually used my 1 week off last week when I did rapid taper.. because I've heard some peopel say its AWFUL!!! ... It was def not that bad, and now I'm nervous I should of waited until this week when I'm off... I'm just hoping jumping off of .5 wont be bad.... The stories that I've heard that are bad are the ones where people jumped at 4 and 2mg... I am trying to do what I can do make it better. I'm exercising EVERYDAY 60 mins, Taking multivitamin, Fish oil, b-6 l-tyrosine, 5htp, and hylands restless formula at night. PLUS I have tramadol and Kava tea on standby.... Thank you all for helping me. I would still love the comments to keep coming and any advice, encouragement etc. THANK YOU! Day 8 off Herion! YES!... No one has chimmed in on why I'm still testing dirty for it... its been over 192 hrs... 8 days since last use... Testing postive for Morphine.. Oxy, Hydro, all tested neg.

DO NOT take the kratom. itll just fuck up your detox and prolong your withdrawals. mixing stuff for a taper is always a bad idea. stick to the subs, or better still nothing. the kava could come in handy though. the tramadol might be good to take the edge off if youre fucked at work, but again these are just gonna prolong things.

I think you got the jist of it, OP, the only thing I could offer about bupe is LESS IS MORE, my opiate tolerance is nowhere near 1 gram of heroin though, but still, I get withdrawals and have pain if I don't have a few grains of morpine or something. But what I've noticed about subs, is that everybody has a different dose needed to STOP WD's, but most people go wayyyyyyy over that, even 8mg is really a fuckton, and I think most people taking THAT MUCH SUB are just trying to get back that full Mu agonist high, and really are not recovering.
It may not be as easy to maintain a habit with a full agonist due to stingy docs, high street prices etc etc...but those folks that take more than 8mg of subs/day would, in the long run, be much better off on a SHORT-ACTING full agonist, due to the fact that about 75% of the "classic" opiates/oids have a MUCH better, well established safety profile, barring I.V. use etc..Bupe is a pretty new drug, and has only really started being Rx'd in the last 20 years or so, before subs, temgesic etc.. all they used was Buprenex, injectable, and that was at the dose of .375mg for pain in a hospital setting, and that's what I try to aim for doseage wise..

IMHO withdrawals are the EASY PART, when you have chronic pain, it's pretty fucking hard to NOT feel like i'm supposed to take opiates, I mean withdrawals are a cakewalk compared to what comes after that, so assuming you don't have severe chronic pain, it might be a better idea to do a fast taper, or even cold turkey, but nobody seems to be a fan of that last option.

But subs are not benign, they are NOT a miracle drug, they do more harm than good in the long run, despite what inscrupulous docs and desperate pill heads craving a "socially acceptable, & easily prescribable fix" if you will, may have you believe.

The fact is, the less time you spend on subs, the better you will do, but If you get a bad case of PAWS, subs would come in really handy.
HOWEVER if you're a lucky one, who can kick either CT or fast taper, and not experience prolonged cravings, or symptoms of withdrawal pretty much (like PAWS) then you have a good motherfucking chance of kicking the stuff for good, and staying clean.

I personally think subs are garbage, and that junkies should be given MS CONTIN, just because of the well established safety profile of MS...subs really aren't any safer at all despite common belief about it being hard to OD on, but that's neither here nor there.

I just spent 5 pretty damn good days on low-med dose Morphine,running out of my hydros, and TBH I think morphine makes a much better taper tool, only I blew it and doubled up yesterday, so being without today, I had no choice but to take subs, and I only took around 1mg paired with 150mg tramadol, and i'm doing OK, withdrawal free anyways, although I FELT much better on the plain MS, and performed tasks much better, good luck getting a doc to believe me right??!!!

Anyways godspeed OP, you can do it but you have to WANT to do it, really WANT TO DO It, and you've got a good shot at getting clean just remember with subs, less is more(there is no "high" to be had by taking more bupe, there may be a little buzz but it won't hold a spark to any true opiate, not even codeine or hydrocodone IMHO, so don't even waste your time and money trying, believe me I've tried ALOT to get a buzz from bupe, but TBH the less I take, the better I feel, and IT's OK TO SKIP days, if you can, and use tramadol or something in-between days if you need to...)

Hmmm, do not take Kratom but go ahead and take tramadol? Pretty sure they both are part opiate part ssri one is cooked in a lab and one is literally a leaf....Either one i guess just be responsible about it...Kratom has worked for me

Last edited:
Thank you all for the update.. I caved... So.. the taper has been the following. 12-6-4-2-1-.5-.5.-(0)<---- Usally take in morning.. I didnt. Its 6:30 pm 12 hours later then I usually dose and I started to feel the start of slight weithdrawal.. runny nose.. very cold. muslces got more sore, yawning... So I took .25mg. Havnt felt it kick in yet.... So taper NOW is.. 12-6-4-2-1-.5-.5-.25...8 days on subs... I'm still proud of my taper and sticking with .25mg even tho I caved in.. my mindset today was not to use at all today and skip and I failed. My first fail of the taper. Still gonna grind and still try and continue to get off this shit. Still exercised today and took all my Multivitamins, L-Tyrosine, b-6 True calm, 5-htp, Hylands leg cramps for tonight.. Any input, encouragement etc would be awesome. Thanks everyone again and following this journey!

Another thing.. I gained nearly 40 lbs in a year of Herion use.... Since I quit 8 days ago. I've been exercising a LOT and eating completly better, taking vitamins etc... and I'm like not loosing any weight, it makes NO SENESE? Anyone have a idea why? I was 270 on my last day of Herion.. I'm now 265... yes I lost 5lbs but normally in the past if I changed my habits like that.. I would of lost like 10 min in a week...

Last edited:
You've changed your metabolism and it'll take awhile to ramp it back up.Shit I'm the opposite I look like a P.O.W. while I'm using dope and I gain it back fast as shit.

Ya no kidding... Its has to of changed... This is 8 days off Herion... and I STILLL tested positive for Herion... WTF?!

Yeah that's pretty long time,usually for a casual user it's 2-4 days and a chronic user 7 days is about the max out. But we are all different I'd check again tomorrow but that shit doesn't want to leave you,huh?

Day 8!!! Congrats on getting here, OP. I think you reported your last dose was 0.25mg right? In my experience you can either jump off right here, go another day at 0.25mg, or go tomorrow without and take 0.25mg the next day as the last dose.

Either way, there WILL be SOME discomfort coming, but its nothing compared to acute w/d and with a little dedication you'll get through it. Just don't think too much about it and it won't be too bad. Keep us posted!

Hmmm, do not take Kratom but go ahead and take tramadol? Pretty sure they both are part opiate part ssri one is cooked in a lab and one is literally a leaf....Either one i guess just be responsible about it...Kratom has worked for me

i told him not to use the tramadol either, but if he has to work and absolutely must do something to fix himself up a bit, tramadol is much easier to dose as it comes in pills. kratom varies in strength so it's harder to dose and has more abuse potential in my opinion, tramadol sucks.

kratom might be working for you at the minute, but it still has withdrawals of it's own. but if youre tapering solely with kratom, itll be much easier than fucking around with trams, subs and kratom interchangeably.

update Day 9: 9 days on Subs 10 off Herion... I got 9 hours of sleep last night most in a week... Feel pretty good this morning. Taper has been 12-6-4-2-1-.5-.5-.25-.25<---Today I dosed this morning unlike yesterday morning. This taper is lasting longer then the 7 day as excepted I'm 2 days more then usual... but I'm NOT going to go over 14... I promise u that! I think today after the .25 dose I'm gonna try adn skip dose and maybe do .25 again Monday... but if i feel fine modnay, ill grind it out as long as I can.. I'm going to again exercise and take all supplements that I need. Thanks all again for input and support. I will be updating you all daily all day as usual, your input is very valuable and appreciated. I hope you all have a great weekend! 10 days off Herion!!! ps... also i"m going to drug test myself again..If Herion still says its in my system after 10 days I'm going to freak! lol... TTYL!

Ps.. Just to update.. Did my standard drug test for my own self for 3 days in a row.. like I said its been 10 days since Herion... I did .5-1g on my last use 10 days ago insuffalated.. and I STILLL tested positive for Herion(Morphine today) 10!! days later!! WOW... thats really depressing.

Last edited:
Anyone? Its now 4:15 pm.. I exercised and took my vitamins and still having minor withdrawals... I've now been on .5mg the past 4 days... Please read my above posts and if you have any input that would be aweosme. I don't want to go back to work Monday in full withdrawal.. I can't afford that.

it doesnt matter that you tested positive for h, you've been off it 10 days, its gone.

but! youre gonna have to be in withdrawals at work. just accept it. i was doing subs for a couple of months and jumped at about 2mg an had a job where i had to stand in the street and approach people to get them to sign up for a charity. i felt fucking awful and had to go for a shit every 45 mins, but i did it. seriously, man, youve gotta feel pain. in the grand scheme of things, a few days/weeks of discomfort is NOTHING compared to the pain youre gonna feel if you keep using opiates. i know it's hard, but just get on with it! maybe look into councelling and NA meetings and such things, theyve helped me for sure.

1. Like smacky said, you'll be uncomfortable at work but it won't be anywhere near impossible. If you have to, tell people (if they ask) "I think I'm getting sick" or some such thing. You'll get through it. Don't worry.

2. You won't be in "full blown" withdrawal. Your body is already over the acute phase of withdrawals. You'll maybe have some sniffles and some sensitivity to temperature changes.

You'll be fine. If you make a monster of it in your head then that's what it'll become. If you tell yourself you can handle it and approach it with confidence you'll get out of it just fine. You'll be fine, bro.

Well just another update its almost 10pm.. I"ve only taken .25mg today, and I'm NOT going to cave in and take in more. Withdrawas have incerased. but guess what? I dont give a fuck. I'm beating this. Im gonna try and split the dosage to .125..but if I cant im gonna ride out all day untili its bad any MAYBE dose with .25mg one more day THanks for all the advcise. I will contine to exercise, supplemnt as usuall.. I've been told by multiple people that at .50 .25mg that only 5-10% of recepteros in the brain are being activated, so majjor healing is taking place. THat made me happy. I will also drug test myself again and hoping Herion is out of my system on day 11. I promise you, If I have too.. 15 days will be MAX on subs. If I lie to you, don't ever respond to me on here again. I got this! Love yall.