• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ephenidine (N-ethyl-1,2-diphenylethylamine) Thread

Ok, I understood!
I am still trying to get physical data for ephenidine. Mine seems melting at 200-220C range, with quite thick white vapor. Trying to evaluate its solubility in water.

Was thoroughly impressed with my first trial of this the other night.... started cautiously with a 160mg dose due to sleep deprivation from heavy stim use preceding the trip, but ended up redosing taking total dosage up to around 300mg. Rather difficult to give a reliable description of the effects as I wasn't exactly approaching the experience from baseline, but I have a lot of experience with diphenidine and methoxphenidine (frankly think they're underrated), and found that ephenidine was not only a lot more enjoyable/recreational as people have suggested, but the scope of the effects is much broader and with greater potential also. If I had to voice one complaint, it would be that the duration was perhaps a bit longer than I'd have liked at the dosage I took (not sure how long exactly as I managed to sleep after about 7 hours while still heavily intoxicated, but I'm sure fatigue, benzos and cannabinoids were what made that possible).

I found the effects to come in waves, and it was rather psychedelic and engaging in effect in comparison to the blankness of diphenidine. Didn't quite hole but was close for sure and reckon I would have been able to with a slightly higher dose/non staggered redoses or even if I'd make a consious effort, as I was engaged in activities for much of the experience.

Really quite fancy a bit tonight, but also really keen to get a reasonable amount of sleep. Has anyone given vaped a go? If so, what are the dosages and duration like and what should I expect in comparison to oral?

I prefer Ephenidine over the arylcyclohexylamines I've tried (3-MeO-PCP and MXE). Less confusing, more introspective, much better body high. The inventors claim it's a DRI, but it sadly hasn't been scanned yet for all the receptors. Likely true though, it can be quite stimulating in low doses.

At room temperature I was able to dissolve 100 mg of ephenidine in 1.9 ml of water, so, its solubility is approximately 53 mg/ml. It was quite difficult to dissolve it in room temperature water, but the material easily dissolved in hot water. After this I cooled the water and measured the least amount of water in which crystals do not form even after cooling. This was about 1.9 ml of water.
Can anybody else compare my results to their?

Ugh, tried vaping and found it absolutely NOT a viable means of administration like with diphenidine and mxp. Vaped off foil left me hacking and the taste was much worse than with the others... Real shame as the effects of what little I managed to vape were actually quite nice, I simply can't bring myself to try hitting the foil again as the vapour is not appealing.

Pretty sure I've seen mention of others having success with this ROA... is there a problem with my technique/synth, or is it simply my inability to man up to inhaling the horrible vapour that is preventing my success? (For reference, I've tasted most of the commonly vaped/smoked/inhaled substances and can usually appreciate them to some degree, or at least tolerate them)

I absolutely must advise against vaping these substances off of foil. Although Diphenidine in my experience, and whoever else that used a pipe, provided pleasant results, every report that used foil was very unsatisfied. For the first time a few weeks ago after my pipe had broken, I decided to try the foil method and I also had absolutely horrible results... It tasted much worse than usual, I burnt some of the foil (and probably inhaled it...yuck!), and I just had a really hard time in general trying to vape it all off the foil. A much more positive experience with a glass pipe, or even a titanium nail for taking dabs worked perfectly for me. Throw some hash oil in the mix if you have nothing to do for the night.

Vaporising Ephenidine truly is a bit more harsh than mxp/diphenidine, but it really isn't bad at all and I find that it's a great way to re-dose with immediate effects providing you didn't take enough orally.

My new experience with ephenidine. Tried it i.m. in extremely low dosages (1-2 mg) just to check bioavailability. No noticeable effects. 10 mg of the substance orally is the threshold dosage for me, almost no dissociation, but some typical ringing in ears. Also, good potentiator for nitrous. Took about 25 mg orally in 3-4 hours, a pity, but due to panic attack was forced to take clonazepam 0.5 mg. After this the feelings became very much dulled. At the morning some feeling of NMDA action was felt. Unpronounced afterglow and a tiny hypomania next day.
Still cant approximate the half life of this stuff, but is seems it is quite long.

Went a bit crazy with the dosage on this one yesterday, starting with 300mgs early afternoon and redosing two or three times until around 9pm, all taken orally. Not sure what my total dose was in the end but it was probably in excess of 700mg (definately risky and not a recommendation, I only felt comfortable dosing this high as I have prior experience with high doses of diphenidine/methoxphenidine, along with most other major dissociatives)..... for anybody else that might be liable to dose this high, be aware that the effects linger for a LONG time.... I've only really come down to near baseline now (8pm the following evening). After the last day and a half, I'd say this is definately my favourite dissociative, and a contender for my favourite drug too. Not something I'd use often though. Think I might have one last (less excessive) session in combination with some 1p-LSD this weekend and then hang up the phone for a while due to changing life circumstances.

Just like ketamine, but you can go so much deeper with it. Ketamine, pffffff...

It's warm and cozy like ketamine. Better even. The rush of IV use is the same. I couldn't tell it apart from ketamine during those first seconds (and not during the following first few minutes either).
It's as powerful as diphenidine and 2-meo-diphenidine.
Mania CAN be triggered towards the tail end of the experience, a phase which I found closest in character to plain old PCP.

Last edited:
@cr00k...

I realise you've already touched upon this somewhat in other posts, but I was wondering if you could give a comparison of the qualitative trip provided by oral vs intraveneous administration? Asides from the 'rush' that you mention, and the obvious change in onset, duration and dosage, could you explain how the subjective experience of the trip differs? Are they relatively similar, or do they differ to the same degree that ketamine differs depending on whether it is administered nasally or I.M./I.V.?

Crook, have you tried i.m. ephenidine? I am extremely against i.v. usage, especially of unknown drugs, but want to compare i.m. to oral. My panic attacks do not allow me fully experience the action of the drug, because every time I take it I panic and need to take benzo. Today I took 20-30 mg sublingual in several hours, dissociation is felt, good synergism with nitrous, but benzo (alprazolam 0.25 mg) dulls the experience.

I used ephenidine daily (read from morning to evening) for 5 weeks, going through 15 grams (i know,i know...), and stopped a week ago, so although i almost never get spare time to contribute, here is my short reflexion on this coumpound.

Beware, this one is indeed quite addictive, although certainly a beast to tame in the beginning: i too found myself needing benzos because of its stimulant properties that can make one a bit anxious, but those were no more needed after a few days of either my metabolism getting used to ephenidine, or maybe i just found my sweetspot.

I tried insufflation, which is downright unbearable, do yourself a favor and take my word for it. I tried oral, certainly efficient, but somewhat lacking in the rush department because of the 2 hour needed to start feeling it. Be careful with that ROA: absolutely do not redose before 2 to 3 hours less you get totally overwhelmed: trust me it is no fun, and only gets worst in public.

My favorite and usual ROA was beetween gum and lip, although the taste may certainly be a turn off for some, i ended up craving it: the come up takes about a half hour, and felt more energetic. I could easily go 5 hours without redosing, which was a big plus. I felt that this one teaches patience. My typical day doses were around 70mgs, repeated about 6 times in the day

I liked how functional it was, and the deep feeling of contentment, fullness, and connection to nature and people it permitted: i had very interesting conversations on it, incredible hikes, and the magic disso synchronicity was evident. Compared to MXE, i found the headspace much less confusing and down to earth, not delusional at all. Of course there were a few short delusional moments, but my rational mind and sense of humor always stepped back in to show me a more realistic and productive point of view. It was a vector of true usable inspiration, and i found that to be truly amazing, after months of MXE's mindfuck and unusable delusions.

Evening doses were closer apart, and i also think the doses added up slowly through the day as i understand that the half life is quite long, and this often built up to a deep and grounded shamanistic space, where sacredness pervaded, and many thanks were expressed for the internal and external beauties that were beheld.

On a particularly dosed evening, i had the privilege to be guided in the deepest meditation ever, so close to Buddhahood i could not be grateful enough. Know that i am not a buddhist, only open to the good things that different spiritual paths may bring. I also experimented with Hatha Yoga, and it felt blissful and right. Ephenidine is certainly a warm teacher that deserves respect, and if you try to abuse it, that respect will be forced upon you, and you will be humbled. I agree with Crook about Ephenidine being superior to Ketamine: it took me further, safely and i always felt a kind protective vibe.

I found appetite and thirst were amplified, urinating more frequent, and i could easily sleep 3 hours after my last evening dose. Although i'm a once a week tobacco smoker, i certainly felt an urge to smoke during the plateau and comedown. I sometimes drank alcohol in combination, and found that beer and champagne gave me slight headaches, whereas wine was quite welcome. Still i would certainly not venture on an Ephenidine and alcohol binge. My usually high when sober sex drive was greatly diminished since i was in such a state of contentment, and my thoughts were rising, almost never swooping below the belt. Sex was nice on low doses, but the higher the doses, the flabbier the willy, as with most dissos!

Memory, far from being impaired and foggy, was very efficient, never found myself wondering what happened the past moments, and managed to recall many memories that i thought were wiped out by my year long MXE binge (memory wrecker that one eh!)

Now for the downsides. Shakiness of hands was quite impressive, not parkinsonian, but i still needed my two hands to not spill my morning tea. Slight left side pinches were regularly felt, and since that is the heart side, you naturally worry a bit: was it my heart, my lung, or just begnign intercoastal cramps? Not being a doctor, i felt uncomfortable with those. Ephenidine being such a novel coumpound certainly makes you uncertain about the ground you're treading, and can easily make you fear for your beloved brain and body. I certainly never developed such physical symptoms with MXE, even with years of (ab)use.

It's addictiveness is easily on par with MXE, opening a bag is like opening a new riveting adventure book, hard to put down before you finish it. You know how some dissos just take you on a journey, a quest. Problem is that tolerance steadily rises during that time, and you surprise yourself how faster and faster those bags are ending, adding to the doubts of how physically, mentally, and economically sustainable such a pattern of use is. Disso lovers with an addictive personality be warned...

The gum and lip ROA is also unsustainable on a daily regimen, the product is quite caustic, and small rashes and minor burns appeared. Changing sides every other day so as to let one heal made it possible to continue, but i soon started worrying that such caustic liquid sitting in one's mouth might be slowly attacking the teeth's enamel. Certainely don't want to wreck the only real teeths i'll ever get in this life time! Maybe i was worrying for nothing, cause in the mirror, nothing changed. Got a dentist check up soon, so i'll know.

After a week off, i can say i'm just now feeling normal again. Could of been worse with the quantities i consumed in such short time. A blank mind, moodyness, general apathy and negative thoughts were quite present during that sober period. Also felt very tired, and required long hours of sleep to feel some energy coming back. To be expected after such glorious weeks of uninterrupted dissociation.

Hopefully we will soon get some scientific data on this coupound, not knowing in which ways it could be toxic and harmful is quite the put off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I conquered my panic and consumed quite a large (for me) dosage of ephenidine. Seems it is about 50+ mg sublingual/oral in about 6 hours. It is very interesting, how benzos almost completely block the action of this drug, I am on 0,5 of alprazolam, and do not feel any dissociation (it dissapeared after I took my second 0,25 mg of alprazolam). I am a bit worried, that the dissociation and ephenidine may kick me hardly when alprazolam stops working. The same situation was with ketamine/MXE. Are dissociatives really panicogenic, especially for people prone to panic attacks?

I used ephenidine daily (read from morning to evening) for 5 weeks, going through 15 grams (i know,i know...), and stopped a week ago, so although i almost never get spare time to contribute, here is my short reflexion on this coumpound.

Beware, this one is indeed quite addictive, although certainly a beast to tame in the beginning: i too found myself needing benzos because of its stimulant properties that can make one a bit anxious, but those were no more needed after a few days of either my metabolism getting used to ephenidine, or maybe i just found my sweetspot.

I tried insufflation, which is downright unbearable, do yourself a favor and take my word for it. I tried oral, certainly efficient, but somewhat lacking in the rush department because of the 2 hour needed to start feeling it. Be careful with that ROA: absolutely do not redose before 2 to 3 hours less you get totally overwhelmed: trust me it is no fun, and only gets worst in public.

My favorite and usual ROA was beetween gum and lip, although the taste may certainly be a turn off for some, i ended up craving it: the come up takes about a half hour, and felt more energetic. I could easily go 5 hours without redosing, which was a big plus. I felt that this one teaches patience. My typical day doses were around 70mgs, repeated about 6 times in the day

I liked how functional it was, and the deep feeling of contentment, fullness, and connection to nature and people it permitted: i had very interesting conversations on it, incredible hikes, and the magic disso synchronicity was evident. Compared to MXE, i found the headspace much less confusing and down to earth, not delusional at all. Of course there were a few short delusional moments, but my rational mind and sense of humor always stepped back in to show me a more realistic and productive point of view. It was a vector of true usable inspiration, and i found that to be truly amazing, after months of MXE's mindfuck and unusable delusions.

Evening doses were closer apart, and i also think the doses added up slowly through the day as i understand that the half life is quite long, and this often built up to a deep and grounded shamanistic space, where sacredness pervaded, and many thanks were expressed for the internal and external beauties that were beheld.

On a particularly dosed evening, i had the privilege to be guided in the deepest meditation ever, so close to Buddhahood i could not be grateful enough. Know that i am not a buddhist, only open to the good things that different spiritual paths may bring. I also experimented with Hatha Yoga, and it felt blissful and right. Ephenidine is certainly a warm teacher that deserves respect, and if you try to abuse it, that respect will be forced upon you, and you will be humbled. I agree with Crook about Ephenidine being superior to Ketamine: it took me further, safely and i always felt a kind protective vibe.

I found appetite and thirst were amplified, urinating more frequent, and i could easily sleep 3 hours after my last evening dose. Although i'm a once a week tobacco smoker, i certainly felt an urge to smoke during the plateau and comedown. I sometimes drank alcohol in combination, and found that beer and champagne gave me slight headaches, whereas wine was quite welcome. Still i would certainly not venture on an Ephenidine and alcohol binge. My usually high when sober sex drive was greatly diminished since i was in such a state of contentment, and my thoughts were rising, almost never swooping below the belt. Sex was nice on low doses, but the higher the doses, the flabbier the willy, as with most dissos!

Memory, far from being imaired and foggy, was very efficient, never found myself wondering what happened the past moments, and managed to recall many memories that i thought were wiped out by my year long MXE binge (memory wrecker that one eh!)

Now for the downsides. Shakiness of hands was quite impressive, not parkinsonian, but i still needed my two hands to not spill my morning tea. Slight left side pinches were regularly felt, and since that is the heart side, you naturally worry a bit: was it my heart, my lung, or just begnign intercoastal cramps? Not being a doctor, i felt uncomfortable with those. Ephenidine being such a novel coumpound certainly makes you uncertain about the ground you're treading, and can easily make you fear for your beloved brain and body. I certainly never developed such physical symptoms with MXE, even with years of (ab)use.

It's addictiveness is easily on par with MXE, opening a bag is like opening a new riveting adventure book, hard to put down before you finish it. You know how some dissos just take you on a journey, a quest. Problem is that tolerance steadily rises during that time, and you surprise yourself how faster and faster those bags are ending, adding to the doubts of how physically, mentally, and economically sustainable such a pattern of use is. Disso lovers with an addictive personality be warned...

After a week off, i can say i'm just now feeling normal again. Could of been worse with the quantities i consumed in such short time. A blank mind, moodyness, general apathy and negative thoughts were quite present. Also felt very tired, and required long hours of sleep to feel some energy coming back. To be expected after such glorious weeks of uninterrupted dissociation.

Hopefully we will soon get some scientific data on this coupound, not knowing in which ways it could be toxic and harmful is quite the put off.

On a side note, imho would it not be possible for a mod to weed out the beginning of the B&D, of all the posting technique arguments that are non related to the coumpound? I find it sorry to give such an unenticing start to a thread dedicated to information on a very magical substance...

Have you noticed any antidepressant potential of this substance? Afterglow on next day or longer?

Most definitely, done, and a good point. Thanks! Great post, btw.

Cool, thanks twice for the job and the appreciation

Have you noticed any antidepressant potential of this substance? Afterglow on next day or longer?

Well, i would be hard put to give you an answer, since during my use, i left no chance for a sober afterglow to develop, since Ephenidine accompanied my breakfast! And when i abruptly quit due to inadvertently spilling the remaining couple grams on high grassland, it coincided with the end of my beautiful holidays, and the next day i was back at my very physically and mentally draining job, so no nice afterglow for me!

But i do feel that someone who would have the discipline for occasional use might have a good chance of keeping a nice afterglow and positive drive. Bear in mind that might just be my wishful thinking there, a one off session could also be followed by a depressing crash for all i know. People react differently and all have different life environments.

As for the antidepressant qualities while under the effect, no doubt about it: it certainly gave me inspiration, drive, and stamina, and a beautiful yet humble "on top of the world" feeling. Ain't that a nicely bated hook, eh?

My posts do convey the undeniable positive aspects, and i hope i am making it clear enough that i also discovered real downsides and worrisome side effects, and not only because i went through quite a big quantity in a short time: the negative physical side effects i described above were most appearant during my first trials. Playing around with such novel coumpounds is surely more foolish than it is brave... At any rate, wholesome food, water, exercice, and enough sleep are what keeps you healthy, whatever else you may be putting in your body.

I
Playing around with such novel coumpounds is surely more foolish than it is brave... At any rate, wholesome food, water, exercice, and enough sleep are what keeps you healthy, whatever else you may be putting in your body.
While I haven't used this one, when it comes to dissociatives you want all the above.

I am again unlucky with this substance, after yesterdays dosage I had very long panic attack I was unable to cope even with high doses (for me) of clonazepam and alprazolam. Seems substance is really anxiogenic/panicogenic for me. Also, can it be that it possess significant stimulating properties (its isomere lefetamine is known as stimulant)? I usually develop panic even from weak stimulating substances.

As soon as it came available, I grabbed a gram, which was months ago. I made a capsule of 80mg and swallowed. Dissociation was mild and clear, during 4 hours upon ingestion I was feeling like I had the ability to decide if I was high or not. And for the first time, I had an afterglow lasting more than a day, actually almost a week I can say. That was a week I can't really forget, introspective and anxiety free. I did it once again around mid july in the same dose but with a redose of the same weight at the third hour but I got confused and with the tiredness of the day I fell asleep. The afterglow was there again, but a bit shorter because of the mxe still being processed in my system. And then the busy summer schedule trying to go to as many festivals as possible writing a thesis at the same time made me forget about it. Coming back after months and seeing this much of appreciation got me a bit excited and I dropped a 160 mg bomb right after I wrote the 6 in the middle. It's a saturday night, so probably there will be some nice combinations to report after.

here are the pieces I am left with after a wonderful evening:
(20:00) 0:0 160mg ephenidine bombed, last meal was lunch and 3 hours ago.
I felt the first effects after 10 minutes of administration, the view going glossy a bit and the body is calming down. Dissocation coming with ephenidine was gradual and clear at every stage, the come-up was so enjoyable to experience for a couple of hours, there were some moments I even forgot that I was intoxicated.

+2:30 A friend knocks on the door, I let him in, he lights up a joint as soon as he sits on the couch, I took a puff and I am paused for 5 minutes, just wanted to stare out the window, 5 minutes of sweet void and I realize that I am alive and I feel very discoordinated, my mind has declared its freedom and took over control, I want to test how functional I am and I switch to my music gear. Psybient. First song I put locked me again for another a couple of minutes, but after I start using my hands, WOW. I am mixing but I am not thinking about what to do next or what I did last. I am out of any space I am familiar. Only things that exist at that moment are the controller, computer and me. I even forgot that I had a friend over and he was listening. Actually one of the intentions was to satisfy the guest as well. I played 2 hours straight and at the end my friend was looking at me as if I was the best dj in the universe, turns out he was tripping balls as well so we still don't know if it was the weed or me.

+5:00 I connect with the reality back again, my legs feel like they are gonna explode, no movement but they are buzzing. I walk around a bit do some moves and they are chilled a bit. the sky is weirdly lightened up, it is still early and the weather turned really warm at night (I presume) and I want more. I go to the relevant locker and start digging around. I find an empty bag of white stuff, remainders of MXE which was bought last year. gold. I tore the bag carefully and scrubbed it all. Now, I have around 110mg golden MXE. I immediately bump 25 mg. To honour the MXE that came from the past, I keep digging. Another emptied bag, but this time it's MDMA. I loot it all and I have 60 mg MDMA, but I will save it for later, see how MXE goes first. another timeline starts.

24:00 (00:00) - 25 mg MXE, snorted
+2:00- I was just confused and blank for two hours. I was thinking if I was enjoying the mindstate or not. A bit of anxiety was there during these 2 hours but not to any extent it will pile up bad feelings. Confusion. I decide to eat something. Some light but nutritional food, I start feeling better and better.

+3:00- The confusion is gone, but my body still feels a bit tense. I feel completely sober in mind. I try to meditate but my body distracts me a lot. I bumped 60mg MDMA and started boiling my mulungu tea(10 grams of bark).

+4:00- Again, I feel completely sober. I can't keep my eyes closed because of MDMA and I am a bit tired of scrolling through music. I don't feel like watching anything either. I feel like my brain is trying to make use of MDMA but can't afford it. there is a barrier keeping me from getting high, which I was expecting after that much of depreciation in one session. just enough amount of anxiety to keep me away from experiencing any kind of high. actually that was the main reason I prepared mulungu tea, I predicted all that could happen. At this point I remember that I have a bong and I make use of it immediately. Late, but good. Ganja takes away the vasoconstriction and both MDMA and MXE start to kick in. Right after the bong, I put 60 mg MXE under my tongue and lay down.

+4:30- hole aimed dose is starting to kick in, so it is time for the mulungu tea. I drink my tea and put the first cd of 'The Wall'(pink floyd album), headphones, one more toke and lay down. First effects of the tea are felt in 5 minutes and relaxation gradually builds up parallel to the hole visuals. Enter The Void. No time after this point.

I had one of the most intense psychedelic experiences of my life. Headspace was more complex than LSD, yet it was much clearer. I can't really describe that couple of hours. My eyes are like a trip switch. I open them and I am in perfect peace with my environment, processing the life recently. I close my eyes and instantly I am in the hole and the body starts feeling uplifted. I have no control on what is happening in my mind but I am in peace with being lost. I put the album 'A Singularity Encoded' from Entheogenic. The music is flowing through my body and just keeping on living in my neurons as echoes. I confronted some anxiety barriers of my life lately which I did not even know was there. I synchronized myself back again with the universe. Like putting last couple of pieces of a thousand piece puzzle in their places. There is no time difference between the first and last second of the songs. I am deeply immersed in the moment. The visuals are as colorful as they can get thanks to the MDMA. I was feeding my soul for at least for two hours and I got really full at some point. Clear thoughts, arguments resolved instantly. Perfection. Probably drifted off to sleep around 07:00.

I woke up around 11:00 after 4 hours of sleep and the afterglow is amazing. I immediately took a shower and hit the streets for a coffee run. such a perfect sunday. I will later edit this post after I absorb the whole experience.