• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Now its my rodeo - I need help

whippa craka

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I have been a part of this forum for many, many years. Ever since before I was of legal age I was on this forum, and gained lots of knowledge. It is a great resource. By the time I got to college I thought I was a know-it-all when it came to any form of addiction, and all sorts of drugs. (at the time all I did was smoke marijuana and chew tobacco, I was an ass, I still am).

2 years ago a friend introduced me to heroin. I had experience with opiates (hydro and oxycodone), generally 30mg oxycodone oral or intranasal and it was PLENTY for me, any nicotine and I would throw up.
I started out as a weekend warrior, sniffing bags. Eventually my friend convinced me to IV. I proceeded to IV about 25 times over the course of 10 weeks, if I had to guess, as a weekend warrior, shooting up 1-3x a friday or saturday night with him. I felt the drug gripping me each weekend more and more and I stopped -- my friend however, did not. We all know where he ended (or didn't), and is still dealing with heroin issues. I was able to shoot up heroin and stop. It took 6 months before I could think about the drug without any interference or shivers (if you know what I mean). This is what scares me about the position I am in now.

Two years went by and very little opiates were used, nowhere near the point of any mental or physical addiction....and then they introduced heroin again.

I started using and didn't stop. I sniffed bags for about 2 months, it quickly got to a point where I had to use to feel normal. This problem is continuing to this day. I used 8mg of a suboxone strip once during this whole debut, and I was able to make it last 4 days while on vacation (barely) to feel normal. As my money started to run out, I started to IV. I have now been IV'ing for about 2-3 months, obviously my addiction is much worse.

It is 4am right now and I last shot up around 10 hours ago. I feel sober and am starting to get irritable. I lost my web developer job this past Thursday, partly due to me being asleep at my desk on Wednesday 8). Needless to say, NOW is the time I need to stop. Now that I have no job to worry about, I am planning to cold turkey. I havn't been able to get anywhere close to sober for more then 30 hours the past 4-5 months without needing to stop anything I was doing and find a way to feel normal.
  • At around 18 hours my eyes start to water like a fountain and I non-stop yawn
  • I am very irritable
  • I feel like shit
  • I feel like I am buried in sand or, I am wearing a 300lb suit of skin and it is hard to move. The lethargy is overwhelming.

I plan to try to sleep tonight and tackle tomorrow cold turkey.
Can I please get some help from my very friendly, knowledgeable and experienced bluelighters to help me get through this. I hope that with all of your advice, I can do this. Thank you all in advance. I need any advice I can get.

There is a wealth of knowledge on Bluelight in regards tto this. There are plenty of methods for lessening the symptoms of withdrawal and will make it more doable then going C/T. I am tempted to move this to sober living or the recovery section however, I know someone with more time then I will chime in with one of the many ways to make this easier on you. Loperamide is an over the count diarrhea aide that is an opioid and will help, I would start by researching that.

You can also benefit from a rapid sub detox or some other clinic recovery program, they do work and often people need a network to get clean. This is just a start and as stated i am refraining from transferring it to recovery as we get more traffic here and someone will give you some help here just a bit quicker. Other mods feel free to move it if thats deemed better!

google phreex guide to narcotic withdrawl. ive said this 3x in the past week to people.

Will do. Right now I am about 24 hours in and I am really starting to feel it. I took a half of a 8mg suboxone and it didnt touch it. I'm just going to try to ride this out, no more suboxone, it hardly helped and I already took half so I plan to just proceed through w/d. This really blows. Who know 2-3bags IV a day would suck so much.

EDIT: After reading the guide here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/32895-*MERGED*-Guide-to-narcotic-withdrawal
I took 6mg loperamide and 500mg naproxen just now @ 5pm on day 1. He seems to think loperamide helps a ton, I will let you guys know -- because I will definitely be able to feel the difference. He said it helped with morphine withdrawal in monkeys just as much as methadone, interesting.

I think I may have access to kratom in town as well! I have heard kratom saved people during w/d's. Can anybody agree? I have taken Kratom before, if I can stomach it (its gross), i am sure it will help more then anything.
Come to think of it, I think it should be more highly recommended, or is it too addictive?

EDIT: 20 minutes after taking loperamide there is a definite noticeable difference. WOW. I doubt it is placebo, I am feeling better by the minute.

Last edited:
@ 7pm it has been 110 minutes since I took 10mg loperamide. The feeling of relief is almost euphoria in itself. Still not 100%, but close!

the creator of that guide is no longer with us unfortunately. but i am glad i could help.

This is hour 96. I still have some suboxone left and am going strong. Day 1 I took half suboxone... day 2 1/4, day 3 1/8 and now I just took 1/16 for day 4 and have 1/16 suboxone left for day 5. Good taper?

It's a very quick taper, and you're probably still going to suffer noticeably. I'd almost say fuck the suboxone and stick to the loperamide taper if it's working that well for you.