Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Kid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bardeaux

Bluelight Crew
Ladies & Germs,

We've decided to settle once and for all what the greatest film is. ever. of all-time. in the entire universe. across multiple parallel dimensions.

The winner will be selected via a series of elimination rounds. If you've ever seen Bloodsport, you are familiar with this process. Round one will consist of five threads, each with twenty options. You may only choose ONE film per thread!!! Don't like it? Tough cookies.

The top five vote getters from each thread will then move on to Round Two: Electric Bugaloo. We will keep the polls open for two weeks, before starting the new round. There will be a total of three rounds, the final round being a choice of the top ten films selected throughout the process. The ultimate and deciding moment! (Note: there may or may not be grizzly bears involved this round.)

The films chosen for the contest are taken from the IMDB Top 100 list and have been randomized by a team of highly trained space monkeys. If you have a better idea of how to organize this, please make your own Best Movie polls so we can UA it with the quickness and laugh at your feeble attempt in the mod thread.

So tell us, F&TV, what is The Greatest Film of All Time?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised to see so many fans of City Lights here.

Alright mods can we please have a part 6? There is a lot of movies that I feel should be in this conversation that were not included..

Good Will Hunting
Insomnia
The Perfect Host
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Donnie Darko
American Psycho
The Dark Knight
Trainspotting
Blood Diamond
Alive
Apocolypto
Truman Show
Secret Window, Secret Garden
A Scanner Darkly (another fav of mine)
Blow
American Hustle
Training Day
Zoolander
Dirty Harry
Zodiac
Catch Me If You Can
Hannibal
Hannibal Rising
Paid In Full
Rounders
A Beautiful Mind
Lord of the Flies
Misery
The Machinist (my #1 by far)
Cast Away
Stand By Me
Out of the Furnace
Frozen Ground
Identity
Sling Blade
Snow Piercer
Along came a spider
Before I Disappear
Nightcrawler
The sea Inside
Blue Ruin

I'll see if I can think of more. But I mean terminator, mad max, lord of the rings. How are those even nominees lol

I like the thread idea though

Last edited:
^ Nice one

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Escape From Alcatraz
Thank You For Smoking
Rescue Dawn
Enemy at the Gates
Black Hawk Down
The Hurt Locker
Halloween
Friday the 13th
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Exorcist

one of my all time favs. great atmosphere

Mean Streets
Carlito's Way
True Romance
Bringing Out the Dead
The King of Comedy
Naked
Chopper

Martin Scorsese best director of all time as you can tell

Keep it coming, guys. We are adding nine more polls to make everyone happy.

Alright mods can we please have a part 6? There is a lot of movies that I feel should be in this conversation that were not included..

The films weren't chosen at random, yenno.

But I do agree some some of your choices that should be in the contest but aren't.

I'm sorry, I should have read the OP more carefully. I thought it was greatest movie of all time, not greatest movie in IMDB top 100. My bad guys.

if we had spent months arguing over which 100 films to include, before we even started talking about which are the best, this would never have happened. starting with a pre-defined list was pragmatic.

alasdair

I think a lot of people consider imdb to be a particularly small niche geek group of neck beards though Ali. White male born after 1995.

It's kind of the yelp of movie watchers

sure, and if they'd used any other top 100, somebody would have moaned about that too...

alasdair

You can't argue that the imdb list is not even remotely incompassing of a range of genres. Particularly as it is used as the basis for an rather ambitious poll of greatest film of all time. It is blokey and sci fi action heavy. And there was no The Labyrinth. Says it all really

I'm not particularly fussed if my personal favourite film is not judged as number one let alone in the top 100 of a nerdom list. Hell I'd be disappointed if my favourite film was a generic popular popcorn fodder for the masses to be honest.

I think a lot of people consider imdb to be a particularly small niche geek group of neck beards though Ali. White male born after 1995.

It's kind of the yelp of movie watchers

Would you have preferred a 'hip' site like RottenTomatoes?

Because they only have four movies in their top 15 that were made after 1952 (only ONE made after 1982, MadMaxLOL) and the top ranked film on there is The Wizard of Oz.

There's a lot of quality films here. It's impossible to please everyone and the result of the polls will not a conclusive, be-all-end-all. It's meant to be fun and to stir up conversation in an otherwise dormant forum.

I'm sorry, I should have read the OP more carefully. I thought it was greatest movie of all time, not greatest movie in IMDB top 100. My bad guys.

Dawson-Crying-dawsons-creek-1445426-640-480-540x40511-500x375.jpg