• Snatch. (2000)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Singin' in the Rain (1952)

• Cinema Paradiso (1988 )

• L.A. Confidential (1997)

• Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)

• Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

• The Godfather: Part II (1974)

• Witness for the Prosecution (1957)

• The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

• City of God (2002)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bardeaux

Bluelight Crew
Ladies & Germs,

We've decided to settle once and for all what the greatest film is. ever. of all-time. in the entire universe. across multiple parallel dimensions.

The winner will be selected via a series of elimination rounds. If you've ever seen Bloodsport, you are familiar with this process. Round one will consist of five threads, each with twenty options. You may only choose ONE film per thread!!! Don't like it? Tough cookies.

The top five vote getters from each thread will then move on to Round Two: Electric Bugaloo. We will keep the polls open for two weeks, before starting the new round. There will be a total of three rounds, the final round being a choice of the top ten films selected throughout the process. The ultimate and deciding moment! (Note: there may or may not be grizzly bears involved this round.)

The films chosen for the contest are taken from the IMDB Top 100 list and have been randomized by a team of highly trained space monkeys. If you have a better idea of how to organize this, please make your own Best Movie polls so we can UA it with the quickness and laugh at your feeble attempt in the mod thread.

So tell us, F&TV, what is The Greatest Film of All Time?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally do not understand why people love Pulp Fiction so much. I've never been able to finish it; how does it actually end? :D

Voted for The Shining. Mainly for the soundtrack, but also the decor of that hotel...spine chilling wallpaper.

I like Pulp Fiction but it's not my favourite from the list. I expect it to do very well in the final polls though as it's one of those classic favourites (among men anyway)...

I totally do not understand why people love Pulp Fiction so much. I've never been able to finish it; how does it actually end?

The soundtrack, the style, a lot of nods to film history, the script, the cast.

I like Pulp Fiction but it's not my favourite from the list. I expect it to do very well in the final polls though as it's one of those classic favourites (among men anyway)...

Im a man but have never really enjoyed it.. :\

I know people are going to hate on me for this but

Pulp Fiction and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas are the two most overrated films of all time. I'm not saying they are bad movies

^ maybe they're not overrated - maybe you underrate them?

:)

alasdair

willow11 said:
Voted for The Shining. Mainly for the soundtrack, but also the decor of that hotel...spine chilling wallpaper.
Same. And the carpet!
I think i have a Kubrick fanboy bias in these polls though.

I can't believe I'm the only one who voted for The Departed

I'm curious about which movies everyone has seen. Of the 20 movies listed I've seen 13, so I haven't seen 7 of them.

The seven that I have NOT seen are:

Singin' in the Rain (1952)
Cinema Pardiso (1988 )
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
The Godfather: Part II (1974)
Schindler's List (1993)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968 )
Witness for the Prosecution (1957)

Last edited:
The seven that I have NOT seen are:

Cinema Pardiso (1988 )
The Godfather: Part II (1974)
Schindler's List (1993)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968 )

You should watch the bolded movies.

My vote here was for 2001, but I almost went Lawrence.

George Lucas wrote four of the entries: the SW Trilogy and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

George Lucas wrote four of the entries: the SW Trilogy and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I was thinking more specifically to this list. But he did co-write American Graffiti, so maybe. :D:D

Kubrick maybe for best screenwriter. Co-wrote Dr. Strangelove, 2001, and wrote the screenplay for Clockwork Orange.

it's not hard to believe at all if you haven't seen lawrence of arabia, the godfather part 2, schindler's list or 2001 :)

alasdair

I didn't think Pulp Fiction would dominate as much as it did

So everyone else has seen all the movies listed on there?

there are a bunch from this one that i haven't seen ...

Cinema Paradiso (1988 )
L.A. Confidential (1997)
The Godfather: Part II -- i've been in a room where it played from start to finish, but i wasn't really watching
Schindler's List (1993)