• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

August Getting/Staying Sober/Clean Thread v. Peace and Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell did you do this? I've been off subs for awhile, since April 11th.. I WENT from feeling renewed/renowned, and now i'm feeling like SHIT again. Listening to Staind / It's been awhile. HOW THE F?

Hi, Subs can take longer than heroin in my opinion, although you were feeling better? Give it more time. I actually have my mind back a bit and feeling stable without the extreme highs and lows without the drugs, as well as off the drugs experiencing post acute withdrawal. I do know for some there can be a dopamine flood or pink cloud feeling. I had a little bit of that for a while but it doesn't last. I was just amazed to be alive and so grateful. I still am but life is evening out a bit. Your brain might just be adjusting now… balancing out past the initial elation.

Do you take anything else? Other drugs and disorders can effect recovery. I have my underlying mental stuff and physical pain to deal with for sure. I sometimes am still amazed I made it through this. :)

Still clean and serene 1 year, 3 months and 5 days.

Still clean -- 6 months, but not at all serene. I'll get there.

Hi, Subs can take longer than heroin in my opinion, although you were feeling better? Give it more time. I actually have my mind back a bit and feeling stable without the extreme highs and lows without the drugs, as well as off the drugs experiencing post acute withdrawal. I do know for some there can be a dopamine flood or pink cloud feeling. I had a little bit of that for a while but it doesn't last. I was just amazed to be alive and so grateful. I still am but life is evening out a bit. Your brain might just be adjusting now… balancing out past the initial elation.

Do you take anything else? Other drugs and disorders can effect recovery. I have my underlying mental stuff and physical pain to deal with for sure. I sometimes am still amazed I made it through this. :)

That´s a pretty great description. Sometimes I really get that feeling I'm over it and feel glad but it does not last that long. It seems my happiness has lowered its ceiling. I´m glad I did it though.
I don't ever want to get back to this but it's not been an easy ride at all. :\

Last edited:
6 months off opiates, 3 months off benzos and a week off spice. I really gotta say, that spice shit is EVIL. Getting off that was worse than benzos and dope IMO. I still feel it. It's making me think of relapsing. So I'm trying to stay strong. Visiting sober living forums instead of drug use forums. Changing habit isn't easy. I appreciate the support this place brings. I hope you all are hanging in there. This is probably the hardest thing we have all had to do. But the end result is a wonderful life! Let's make this happen!

6 months off opiates, 3 months off benzos and a week off spice. I really gotta say, that spice shit is EVIL. Getting off that was worse than benzos and dope IMO. I still feel it. It's making me think of relapsing. So I'm trying to stay strong. Visiting sober living forums instead of drug use forums. Changing habit isn't easy. I appreciate the support this place brings. I hope you all are hanging in there. This is probably the hardest thing we have all had to do. But the end result is a wonderful life! Let's make this happen!

congrats on all the good news :)

congrats on all the good news :)

Thanks, much appreciated. Having insane thoughts right now, but this forum is keeping me on the right path. It's just so damn easy to get distracted these days. Being able to order anything online drives me nuts. I'm trying to stay away. That's my other addiction. The internet =D

Congrats. Amazing work, friend. Those are powerful words... It is the hardest thing I've ever done. But I'm looking forward to that wonderful life.

18 days off all opiates and any drugs. Feeling GOOD today.

Peace and love. Hope everyone is doing well on this fine Friday!

TGIF

Congrats, Dil4 on 19 days clean, and to ThaDudeAbides on your accumulated clean time, and everyone else staying clean one day at a time! ThaDude, I am so happy to hear you are off all those drugs, especially spice. I know it is evil... I have seen a couple of people who had psychotic breaks on that shit. Not pretty. So glad to hear you are resisting temptation.

I am back on my taper off of opiates, again. I will keep trying this until it happens, and it will. I was going to wait until October to resume my taper, due to my living conditions, but several posts on here have gotten me motivated to try. So, I have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

That's awesome NSA I miss all your great posts congrats on 3 years that is awesome!

10 months and 20 days clean.

No prescription optiates, uppers, weed or alcohol.

Feeling strong and doing good :)

Hope everyone else is succeeding in staying clean.

Congratulations!! :)

Stay strong and focus.

Wish you all a good weekend!!

NSA - Congrats. I seriously get hope when I read of people like you with three years clean. It inspires me to keep pushing and knowing that I am capable of doing that as well. I think I read somewhere else that you stopped just as you turned or approached thirty I believe, which is where I'm starting to get close to so I'm trying to get out now as it'll only get harder with age.

Great work, everyone. Seeing everyone with these long-term clean updates keeps giving me hope every day and I'm actually starting to feel good again with less lethargy and moodiness.

Day 20. Peace and love to all. Keep aiming for those stars. You're shining bright right along with 'em.

Me too! These are really inspiring posts and in many ways make us want to improve and keep our hopes up so we can achieve what you have.
6 months off, slowly getting better. Hope I can inspire others like you do.
Congratulations NSA and for those who are trying. Every day matters!

Status
Not open for further replies.