• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Benzedrex legal high / ~250mg) - First time and educational findings.

GhostOfYou

Greenlighter
My Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor and any information contained in this post is only my personal experience and is for educational purposes only. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless, both morally and legally, myself and Bluelight staff should you choose to imitate my actions. Under no circumstances should the drugs mentioned herein be used off-label for recreational purposes.

WARNING: When experimenting with any drug, especially a new drug, you should always have a 'sitter' available to monitor you in case major adverse reactions occur. In my case, I did not have a sitter available. However, I am always prepared to dial 911 in the event of an emergency. The embarrassment of being called a drug addict by some strangers in an ER doesn't outweigh the value of your life, even if you are using illegal drugs and are afraid of legal repercussions. Always be prepared to act especially when dealing with stimulants or any drug that has an effect on your heart. Even if you call 911 you do not have to tell them what you're on over the phone, all you have to say is, "I think I'm having a heart attack, please help." Medical information does not need to be discussed with responding police officers, nor are you required to discuss your medical situation in front of them. Wait until you're in private with paramedics, nurses and doctors to discuss drugs you've ingested. It is important, at the very least, that you are honest with the doctor or nurse so they can give you appropriate medication to combat negative effects and also so they don't give you something that could make you feel worse. In any event if you are questioned by police, always ask for a lawyer and never, ever admit to any wrongdoing.

Trip Description:
Around 200-250mg total dose of extracted Propylhexedrine (ingested), active ingredient in OTC Benzedrex inhalers.

Purpose of intoxication:
Seeking euphoric high and to provide educational information.

Dosage risk:
Low to medium. Common complications may include, but are not limited to: vasoconstriction, elevated blood pressure, elevated heart rate, headache, nausea, upset stomach, restlessness, bad taste in mouth, insomnia.

Pre-dose prep:
Ate full meal 2 hours prior to dosage. Ate one banana immediately before dosage to combat possible nausea. Ingested 800mg ibuprofen prior to dosage to combat possible vasoconstriction in brain which may cause headache.

Prepping the dose:

1) Removed one Benzedrex cotton rod from container, discarded container.

2) Placed Benzedrex in small bowl and filled bowl with 2 oz. of pure lemon juice, or just enough so that the cotton rod is almost covered.

3) Allowed solution to sit for 45 minutes.

4) Took cotton rod and strained out liquid into lemon juice, specifically making sure to strain out any brown sections of cotton, set cotton aside.

5) Stirred solution and poured half into a cup, then added about 8 oz of Mountain Dew for taste and drank the solution.

6) Placed cotton rod back in solution and allowed to sit for 1 more hour.

7) For final dose, strained cotton rod again then discarded. Then mixed remaining solution with soda and ingested as before.

-----------------------------

Personal information to consider:

Weight: 270lbs
Height: 5' 11"
Prior experience: Adderall, ephedrine, phentermine, cocaine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, tramadol, heroin, suboxone, marijuana, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol.

Health factors (important to note for educational purposes): Prior history of high blood pressure, low to medium potassium levels (risk of hypokalemia), prior cardiovascular risk due to years of caffeine and nicotine abuse. Prior addiction to opiates, no current physical addictions other than caffeine and nicotine. No other recreational drug use within 72 hours of this report.

---------------------

The report:
T (time) = 0 hour + hh:mm

T 0:00 - Ingested dose using prep method above. Taste was terrible even with the lemon juice and soda mix, but it went away within 20 seconds.

T+0:10 - No noticeable nausea. I believe eating prior to dosing is key, as it's the lavender and menthol that are said to cause the upset stomach in people. Have yet to have a single 'lavender burp' that so many people report.

T+0:30 - Thought I felt a very mild wave of euphoria. Could have been placebo effect. Nothing else to report, no negative effects.

T+1:10 - Elevated heart rate detected. Nothing I would personally call abnormal for a drug like this. I've felt worst from phentermine. The fact that I'm chain smoking right now probably isn't helping. No signs of euphoria yet and no major stim effects. Just dosed the remainder of the liquid I had. Should be roughly 200-250mg of
Propylhexedrine ingested now in total.

T+1:35 - Heart rate remaining steady. Still no nausea, burping, etc. Noticed that I'm clenching my teeth a little and am sweating a little, which is to be expected. Still no major stim or euphoric effects. I am holding on to hope still, as I have read other reports where euphoria didn't kick in until around the 2 hour mark, especially with food in your stomach. Also I need to take in consideration my bodyweight.

T+1:45 - Mild stim effects noticed. I was previously tired before this but am feeling slightly more alert now. Heart rate is still within acceptable level. No noticable signs of elevated BP, such as tinnitus (ringing in ears) . Still no major euphoria to report on.

T+2:10 - It's now been over 2 hours since the first dose and I have not achieved the euphoria I was expecting from this drug. No major negative effects, however. Feels as if I dosed on maybe 50mg ephedrine, which is nothing for me. The stim effects don't really surpass that of a large dose of caffeine. I have a little under and hour before the second dose catches up. If nothing happens after that, I will end the report as the stim effects after the peak would not be worth reporting on.

T+2:20 - Perhaps I spoke too soon? Stim effects are increasing slightly, could be the second dose potentiating the first. I feel mentally more alert, but my physically energy is still low. Mood is stable, no downward swings but no increase as well. Hoping the next 30 minute block yields some results.

T+3:00 - It has now been 3 hours since first dose and 1 hour since second dose and only minor stim effects are noticeable. I did not achieve euphoric results I was hoping for. No major negative side effects are noticed. Due to lack of drug effects I will end this report here at the 3 hour mark. If any major effects are noticed later on I will update the report accordingly.

---------------------

Notes on experience:

1) No major negative effects, especially given my listed health conditions. Would be interested in trying this drug again with a slightly stronger dose after a waiting period.

2) Ephedrine-like stim effects are definitely present with this drug at this dose, but if you're looking for a simple energy boost then there are much easier ways to achieve it, i.e. drink a couple 5-hour energy shots or just take a couple ephedrine.

3) Mood elevation is nothing to write home about. I maintained a positive mood throughout the experience, but the euphoria that other people talk about wasn't present with me.

Possible reasons I did not achieve desired results:

1) Received a bunk or low dosed Benzedrex. The cotton, however, did have brown on it, which is indicative of a dosing of Propylhexedrine based on other users.

2) Extraction process failed, possibly due to not waiting long enough. Therefore ingested dose was much lower than expected.

3) Did not calculate proper dosage for my body weight. As I am 270lbs, perhaps my body simply requires a larger, more acute dose to achieve desired effects.

Propylhexedrine safety tips:

1) It is not recommended to exceed 2 cotton rods of Benzedrex, est. 500mg Propylhexedrine, within a 24 hour period.

2) Do not mix this drug with other stimulants, i.e. caffeine, ephedrine, or other amphetamines.

3) Do not take this drug while taking SSRI's due to the risk of serotonin syndrome.

4) Do not drive while on this drug. Due to effect of acute periods of mental focus, you may become distracted on something other than the road. Vision may also become effected.

5) Monitor your heart rate while on this drug. Avoid excessive heart rate of 160 BPM by refraining from excessive physical activity. Watch for signs of acute high blood pressure and avoid stress if it rises. If you feel pain or numbess in your chest, left arm, or upper back, these may be signs of a heart attack. Seek medical attention immediately in this event. Do NOT ignore chest pain while on amphetamine or amphetamine-like stimulants.

Overall Rating: Neutral

AS ALWAYS, BE SAFE, BE SMART AND HAVE FUN.

- Ghost

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_propylhexedrine
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
exptype_bodyload
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Very informative. They literally just started selling these in my neck of the woods. I think I'm going to buy one and store it for a rainy day.

Great report!

I drank a bit more Benzedrex than usual the other day before going to the doctor. My initial blood pressure reading was 136/100. Heart rate 118. Yikes. Ended up getting hooked up to an EKG machine at a routine doctor's appointment. My second reading was 132/74, but the doc was obviously concerned. I now get to wear a holter monitor at home for a few days.

Anyone with high blood pressure should be very careful with this drug. (My bp is pretty normal and this still happened). If I were to take a whole inhaler at once, I'd be in hypertensive crisis.

The first times I did propylhexedrine, I had decidedly unpleasant experiences... I found it pretty intimidating honestly, I even had a bit of stimulant psychosis (granted, that time I did 2 cottons, which was stupid). For some reason though once I had done it a handful of times it started to very consistently be pretty great. I use one cotton, and ingest the whole amount quickly. 45 minutes or so later I get hit by a really nice physical and mental euphoria (but more physical than mental). It feels kind of meth-like, but with an MDMA-like edge. Mixing a little alcohol after the initial peak wears off is nice because it can get kinda unpleasant eventually sometimes in that euphoric stimulant kind of way. It usually makes me more communicative but it's a fairly chill stimulant... there is stimulation for sure, but not the "I gotta do a bunch of shit" kind, in fact I feel quite relaxed, paradoxically.

It's definitely not too for you I don't feel, and I wouldn't recommend taking recreational doses very often. Also, my favorite method is to take a cotton, cut it up into little pieces with scissors, and put it in a 20oz bottle of Sprite. You shake it once or twice and let out the bubbles (Sprite isn't very carbonated), and then after that you can shake it to your heart's content. After 15-30 minutes I stop and grab the cotton and squeeze it out, and drink.

Lady Codone, yeah, it definitely elevates the HR and BP considerably for a while (even after the main effects). Weirdly though, for me, small doses elevate it about as much as large ones, and actually feel more classically stimulating. At a full cotton is becomes more empathogen-like. It definitely takes more of a toll but it feels less like a classic stimulant for me at a higher dosage.

So today I have a couple of more questions about benzedrex. I have done quite a lot of this drug so I am familiar with it. I stopped doing it for about 8 months and would like to start up again. I was wondering what the absolute best way to extract this stuff is. I would ideally like to get 100% of the drug out of each cotton, but I do not know a whole lot about chemistry. I usually take 6-8 cottons and cut off the white parts on all of them, and throw them away. I then open up a bottle of coca cola and fill a coffee mug about half way. I then take each cotton and pull it apart into about 25 different pieces. There are no thick clumps of cotton anymore, they are just wisps now. I then drop all of the cotton pieces into the mug and make sure they sink in and are completely covered by the coke. I take a spoon or a fork and mash the cotton into the mug for a couple of minutes. I then cover the mug and let it sit for about a day or so every little bit of propylhexedrine will be dissolved in the coke. I mash it up a couple of more times during the course of the day wait. Then when I finally want to use it, I uncover it, scoop out the cotton with my fingers and squeeze it out very thoroughly. I drink the mixture and then immediately chug a whole bottle of soda so I don’t throw up. I was wondering if the way I do it is efficient. It seems that I am getting almost 100% of the propylhexedrine out of it. There is nothing left in the cottons, and the little bit on the mug and on my fingers isn’t that much. So if anyone has any tips or suggestions, that would be fantastic. On a side note, I recently heard the DXM (robittusin) will help bring down my tolerance to this drug. I was wondering if there was any truth to that. I have read a couple of articles on it and it seems like it works. Does anyone know how I am supposed to take it? Before I do the benzedrex, during, after, or a different time all together etc. Thanks in advance!

Your method sounds about as good as it gets. What I do is basically the same (except I use scissors to cut the cotton into 20-25 pieces) and I use a bottle of Sprite (because it doesn't fizz much compared to others), pour a bit out and then put the cotton in. I shake it up a bit, then crack the cap and close it if it's going to fizz out. After 1 or 2 openings/closings, it stops fizzing much when you shake it. So I shake it up for about a straight 10 minutes, then pull the cotton lump out and squeeze it out. Then it's good to go. I think the entire day is unnecessary. But it couldn't hurt either.

Soda isn't necessary either, I just find it convenient. The propylhexedrine is present as a freebase, where it's a volatile oil; it evaporates into the air at room temperature which is why it's in an inhaler. By mixing it with an acid it can form a salt with, it is able to dissolve in water. I've done it with water and lemon juice, vitamin water, and Sprite.

Scissors is smart, didn't even think about that. Does it matter how much soda/water you use? Like can only a certain amount of propylhexedrine be dissolved in a given amount? And does anyone know how to extract this as a salt/powder? I hate having to do this every time and waiting.

I think there's probably a minimum amount you should use, but you can't use too much, so I'd err on the larger side in terms of amounts of liquid.

Haven't done p hex in a few months and want a little tweak. Might pick up an inhaler or two tonight. I always take with vasodilators, makes it a lot easier on you, ime.

I've done it twice. It's a very strong stimulant that actually helped me a great deal during a school assignment I had to accomplish.

It's comparable to methamphetamine but markedly less enjoyable. (I extracted it in lemon juice, to hell with eating cotton balls) The smooth mental rush of meth is gone and replaced by an epic, teeth grinding body high. It has some euphoric qualities IMO but not many. However, if you're in a pinch and it's the only stimulant available to you at the time, or if you just like stimulants (like me) and are curious, it might be worth giving a shot. It's definitely one of the better "legal highs", IMO, along with kratom.

I'm doing it right now. It seems it's legal because you can't get high off of it at all. I've extracted various doses in both lemon juice and Coca Cola. Lemon juice extracts better due to the lower PH, so I learned to extract the cotton using lemon juice and then add some Coke before drinking it which masks the taste well. You cannot get any kind of rush or euphoric high from this stuff. It is simply the vasoconstriction tweak you would get from good meth. No head at all. I find it does help me when I'm drinking, as I am allergic to alcohol and swell up inside. The vasoconstriction effect works great as a non drowsy antihistamine. There is no recreational value to this stuff unless you are naieve to drug use and any slightly altered state interests you. It's kind of like sniffing lighter fluid in the old days. It made you dizzy and sick os you thought that was a buzz. Kid stuff here.

Last edited:
Umm...it's vasoconstriction.. not dilation....and propylhexedrine definitelyf gives a real high

Umm...it's vasoconstriction.. not dilation....and propylhexedrine definitelyf gives a real high
Just noticed and fixed it. Gives me a psuedo high but no come up or rush whatsoever, that's what us old time druggies are looking for. If I just want to feel a little different, I'll turn my underwear inside out. I live for the rush.

Well it's true there's no rush, but I find it to be a pretty nice high, I prefer it to most other stimulants. And I've been using drugs for 14 years, all kinds of them. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I found it to be very mellow, defintiely gets you a buzz, not nearly as strong as mdma or any of the good drugs though.
And the side effects the next day, made it not worth doing too often for me. I got numbness in my head and all those stroke like
side effects. And I only took 125 mgs total. But other than that, very mellow. It is definitely better than being sober though.
One bright spot for me though- I had absolutely no nausea, or burps or nasty taste that so many others complained about. I extracted mine in vinegar and let it sit about an hour. I then added boiling water after an hour to the mix. I was told this will evaporate the menthol and lavender (some of it) off the top. So, maybe that's why it didn't taste bad at all for me. I am used to nasty tasting stuff anyway, I take all kinds of herbs mixed in water. The taste doesn't bother me at all. I also take kratom mixed in water, daily...and the bitter taste doesn't bother me one bit, but seems to make other people gag. lol it's all in their minds.

I do have one question though, for anyone who is experienced with doing benzedrex-

My cotton BARELY had any brown spots on it, almost like the entire thing was white....does that mean I got a bunk one? Or is that normal, to have just slight brown spots on it? I was under the impression, some of the cotton would be totally brown....

I mean, the drug still worked for me, but considering how mellow it was, I might of gotten a bunk batch. I hadn't done any other stims for months, so I know my tolerance was zero...

But I am just curious to know about the cottons, I was almost sure it was bunk when I first saw how nearly the entire cotton was pure white. Maybe a small brown spot or two on it, that's it....

Please let me know if that is normal, or if I got a bunk one...and how much of the cotton is supposed to be brown on the "good" ones?

I got mine at walmart...see they are less than $5 at walmart and at CVS they are over $8 (Almost 2x the cost)

I am thinking maybe walmart sells the bunk ones, because everything at walmart is always lower quality. I wonder if getting them from CVS makes a difference in the quality, and the high? Can anyone confirm, who has experience doing the bennies from both outlets?

Thanks!

I got mine at walmart...see they are less than $5 at walmart and at CVS they are over $8 (Almost 2x the cost)

I am thinking maybe walmart sells the bunk ones, because everything at walmart is always lower quality. I wonder if getting them from CVS makes a difference in the quality, and the high? Can anyone confirm, who has experience doing the bennies from both outlets?

Thanks!

I've had benz from both and the only difference in quality ever with these is if they are old. You want the expiration date to be as far away as possible. 1 year plus in the future is good.

I do have one question though, for anyone who is experienced with doing benzedrex-

My cotton BARELY had any brown spots on it, almost like the entire thing was white....does that mean I got a bunk one? Or is that normal, to have just slight brown spots on it? I was under the impression, some of the cotton would be totally brown....

I mean, the drug still worked for me, but considering how mellow it was, I might of gotten a bunk batch. I hadn't done any other stims for months, so I know my tolerance was zero...

But I am just curious to know about the cottons, I was almost sure it was bunk when I first saw how nearly the entire cotton was pure white. Maybe a small brown spot or two on it, that's it....

Please let me know if that is normal, or if I got a bunk one...and how much of the cotton is supposed to be brown on the "good" ones?

It could have been old, it should be kinda dark brown in the center of the cotton. As they age, the freebas oil spreads out and gets lighter. If yours was almost totally white, it was probably old and lost alot of potency. Check the expiration date, you want it to be like a year away or more. Usually don't have a problem with this, except of you go to a place that never sells any, they could still be sitting on the shelf close to or even past their exp. date.

Also, you guys are making me crave p-hex. I love the stuff, haven't had it in a while, gonna have to grab some soon. Just be careful, overdoing this shit can turn out bad, but in moderation it's quite a good stim. Vasodilators are a good idea too when using it.

Thanks for the fast response bro.
Absolutely, I got some Habanero peppers to counter act the vasoconstriction. But my body is very sensitive to stims, because of past abuse of RC's....I used to do 3-MMC daily and I ruined my heart on that stuff. So, now I get side effects very easily from stims, even from low doses.....but I heard habaneros (Strong cayenne capsaicin) help with it. And also are good for the heart. I can handle the heat from them, so I just eat them raw...

Also I heard eating chocolate and sweets helps with the comedown of this stuff. So try that as well....eat before, during(if possible) and after. Is always good.

I've only done this stuff once and don't plan to do it often at all...only for a special occasion. I went ahead and got another one from walmart today. The exp. date was actually not until late 2017....so I don't think I had an old one...Maybe just a weaker one or a sem-bunk batch. I haven't opened mine up today yet, to see if it compares to the last one I had. If this one is almost totally white too, I guess i'll have to try CVS next time...and see if it's different.

Maybe they are normal and I was just expecting more brown.