• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Blackouts on Xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceK2

Greenlighter
Hi everyone!

I just want to know why I can't EVER remember anything when I pop a xanax bar. Usually they are the 2mg ones.

The very first time I took one 2mg and all I remember is the moment before popping the bar and about an 30 minutes after that. I don't even remember what it feels like to be on it.

The second time I double dropped 2mgs so thats 4mg in total. My friend claims that I was super fucked up, but again all I remember is popping the bars and waking up the next morning.

Another time I came home from a road trip, I took one 2mg again. Pop a bar and the 6 hour drive will go by within seconds. Well, this time I remember my body feeling a bit relaxed, but that's about it. I can't remember the car ride at all even though they said I was awake and only slept through like the last couple hours of the drive.

My tolerance is pretty low because whenever I use xanax it's spaced out between weeks of usage. I'm sure this is pretty common, but because of this I can't find the appeal in using bars because I can't remember how I felt. My friends tell me that I looked like I felt great though.

However, there is one time where I recalled picking up some weed, but that memory was only about 10 seconds long. It's frustrating how I can't remember how I felt.

Thanks!

Everybody responds differently to drugs. Seems like you black out when you take Xanax.

If you really wanna experience the high, I'd try another benzo to see if that's any different. Ativan is closest to Xanax, and in my opinion much better.

But stop taking Xanax if you can't even experience its effects. You don't wanna go through benzo withdrawal for no reason.

dude, that's like, what happens when you take too much benzos, not a mystery

2mg of alprazolam tends to be a bit on the high end, i don't find it surprising if someone blackouts at this dose

furthermore, if you are trying to 'feel' anything on benzos, you will be disappointed, they don't make you high (mostly) they just make you numb to anxiety, or, in higher doses, stupid and blacked out

people just think differently when it comes to benzos. you guys are looking for a "good" feel like an opiate would give; benzo is nothing like that and will just knock you out/black you out, or not over anxious. there is no "good" feeling unless its actually helping come from an panic attack, but if youre already a relaxed dude then benzos will just black you out or help you sleep, nothing good in between.

if I were you I would stop taking benzos. they are just knocking you out, so quit while youre ahead and give it up.

Yeah, try taking less. Keep in mind that it also lowers your inhibitions, and you may wake up one day hearing about some embarrassing things you have done. Or worse yet, end up in big trouble if you're a minor.

Makes sense. I guess I was looking for more of a high than anything else in xanax. I find no recreational use for it so stopping is easy as saying no. Thanks for the insight guys

Alprazolam by it's own nature induces retrograde amnesia. When you take xanax, you're taking a drug that's designed to make you forget shit.

"Mystery" solved. Very glad you learned that benzos aren't recreational and have moved on. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.