• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Opiates/anxiety/depression

7Star

Greenlighter
Hello,Im not one for long introductions ,so I will just give you my basic background.I am a 28 year old male who has been using opiates for the last 14 years on a regular basis.I am wanting to change my life,I have no insurance to try to get on a suboxone treatment plan,and I plan to try to taper,then cold turkey off on Heroin.Ill state that i dont IV the drug I insufflate (snort).My biggest problem is the depression,anxiety,lethargy and lack of energy.I can get thgouh most of the physical symptoms,its the mental strain that always leads to relapse..I just started a new job and I really need to get this thing under control,as it seems** so hard to get through my work day,without the drug.The days are so long and anxiety filled,I know i cant live like this forever and I simply dont have the money right now to support this habit everyday.What I am looking for is advice from anyone that has gone through the same thing.Any advice,and tips on any over the counter remedies to help with the mental part of the withdrawal,and energy levels,would be appreciated.

imodium ad will help with the cramps and diareaha .

I too have struggled with anxiety and depression all my life. I understand the temptation very well to just take a pill or snort a line and instantly feel better but in reality it is just a way of ignoring and trying to run away from what is really bothering you or troubling you. If you have any time off before you start your new job go as steep of a taper as you possibly can. Hurt as much as you can bear and then some so that way when you get to your new job you will hopefully be past the worst part of it all. Most jobs probably wouldn't approve if you had to run to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

As far as naturally increasing your mood and energy levels not enough emphasis can be put on eating healthy and nutritious as well as healthy exercise. Also, good sleep patterns are essential.

Also, in terms of mental health- if you can find someone you can reach out and really express your true feelings and not feel judged and still feel accepted regardless then well there isn't much better things you can hope for imo. you're not alone in this unless you choose to be. Be as honest and forward with your mistake as you can and keep going, live thel ife you really want to live.

I don't have time to write a long answer right now but here is something that might be useful...

Try to think of quitting drugs as being just one portion of a range of changes you are making to your life. Lots (if not most?) people who abuse hard drugs do so because they fill something that is missing in their lives. Maybe they are unhappy, maybe they are lonely, maybe they are bored etc....so if you take away the drugs but change nothing else then those feelings that are either consciously or subconsciously trying to avoid resurface and cause problems, so they relapse because the drugs are an easy solution in the short run. Maybe this is the pattern that you are in? What can you change in your life that is going to move you in to a more positive pattern that is going to stop you having the feelings that make you want to use?