• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe help me get off suboxone

dro boy

Greenlighter
hello swim has been taking BUNAVAIL for a little over a year now at the dose of 2.1mg/0.3mg after a long term heroin addiction its apparently a new formula for the drug it attaches to the inside of the cheek until it dissolves its supposed to be equivelent of 4mg buprenophine with 2mg naloxone. it has done what swim needed it to do this past year and now he is ready to get off of it and has been doing a lot of research and would like some opinions.

this is swims dosing schedule this last week hes trying to get his body to get rid of as much bupe as possible with the least amount of withdrawals he has access to 2mg xanax bars which he is yet to pick up and marijuana as well as a few more of these bunavail films to help swim get off of this stuff just to let you all know incase anyone has specific experience with either of those things helping.

also swim is wondering if he has an extra prescription for more bunavail and is yet to fill it will it be good still if his doctor has cut him off/not seen him recently? or will it just be void?

all and any opinions and comments are welcome swim could use all advice or suggestions of making this more comfortable
THANKS!

friday 24th----------------------2.1mg bunavail

saturday 25th----------0mg bunavail, smoked mj at night

sunday 26th------------0mg bunavail, smoked mj at night

monday 27th--------------------2.1mg bunavail

tuesday 28th-----------0mg bunavail, smoked mj at night

wednesday 29th-------0mg bunavail, smoked mj at night

thrusday 30th-------------------1.05mg

Friday 31st ----------------------0.55mg
bunavail(half), smoked some mj and took a bar feeling not to bad except the diahrea going to take some imodium go smoke more weed and go excersize

As i update this i want tou guys to know without you i couldnt do this so keep it coming, thanks again!!!!!

any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 1st (tmrw)--------------------------------going to try to take another (if i have to)1/4th = .55mg and continue to try and compensate with 2-4mg of alprazolam and maybe some drinks too

things are going well so far, was experiencing heavy withdrawal today before dosing. wondering how much of this bupe is still in my body, wondering also if this is the best way i can do this any opinions?

Last edited:
Hi welcome to bluelight. We do not use terms like SWIM or write about ourselves in the third person when writing about drug use.

If you want to get off Suboxone talk to your doctor who prescribes it to you.

I commend you for getting off of it. Way too many people take suboxone for far too long or think it's a drug they can take for the rest of their lives when it's not, and it's meant to be a drug that is used to help someone eventually become sober from all opiates, and not used for long periods of time like years, decades, or the rest of your life.

oh okay thanks haha, did not know whether or not to write in the third person. reason im posting on here is because my doctor is unwilling to help me detox for a few reasons but mainly due to my failed urine test since ive been using marijuana, hes basically told me if i want to detox off suboxone to first detox off marijuana (which would take months and is pretty unreasonable when i personally believe it benefits me medically) so im trying to do it on my own. ive been asking my doctor about it for months i don't know if my doctor has any experience with helping me detox as he always avoids the topic which he has been doing since before i had even started smoking weed again which makes me feel like thats not much a reason as why hes hesitant?, i dont know if its because he is making a lot of money off of me or what his reasons may be but i do know that its my time to break free of this trap i feel like its a ticking time bomb ive already started and would rather not put it off any longer since im starting school soon, any advice?

at one point about 5 months into my suboxone maintenance my doctor went out of town and i missed the appointment he was gone for a while with no one to back him up and be able to write me my perscription so i tried to just jump cold turkey after 5 days i decided to go to rehab where they could medically help me it was unbearable i went back to the rehab that started me on it in the first place and had to make the decision whether to stay on or not, i stayed on until now and as you can see this is one reason why i want off its just not a secure way to live

Last edited:
Hi welcome to bluelight. We do not use terms like SWIM or write about ourselves in the third person when writing about drug use.

If you want to get off Suboxone talk to your doctor who prescribes it to you.

I commend you for getting off of it. Way too many people take suboxone for far too long or think it's a drug they can take for the rest of their lives when it's not, and it's meant to be a drug that is used to help someone eventually become sober from all opiates, and not used for long periods of time like years, decades, or the rest of your life.

I completely disagree.

I have a herniated disk and I got addicted to pain killers because of it, Taking subutex has made me not want to use and it helps with the pain, my dr has told me I should just stick with it for the rest of my life.

When it comes to bupe, a lot of doctors dont seem to be well versed. If you stay on bupe your whole life, at the very least, your emotions will never be right again. You will never be as happy about a normal life event as you would be while clean. Ever. Dont think that because your doctor said so that you still aren't an addict who just doesn't have to score. I cut down by .25 maybe about every two weeks... Long enough to stabilize.i jumped off and had minimal syptoms during the day, but had restless arms for what seemed like a month but was probably two to three weeks. Xanax helped but I never took it two days in a row because I felt the need to know where I was in the process. The long road is the best road is the best road buddy. Hope you make it. I commend your decision to be free.

thank you sasin9 its been tough but i cant wait to be free and start the new life ive been wanting for so long! thanks for all the feedback as i continue forward i will keep updating this thread

I am currently on Subutex and am very scared about when and how I will stop. I've experienced bupe withdrawals when I was sent to jail and it is NOT fun. The jail in my area offers NO help with opiate withdrawals. My GF is prescribed 90 Subutex a month and is my only source. However, she splits them down the middle with me everyday. I wish you the best of luck. Getting off of bupe will not be easy, but you can do it. It's very easy to get into the habit of doing bupe everyday before you realize that you NEED it just to wake up in the morning. You can do it, man. The hardest part of w/d for me was SEVERE akathisia, which is anxiety so intense that you feel like jumping out of your skin. I suppose benzos or weed will help with that. Good luck bro. I'm rooting for you.

IME doctors will try and keep you on that shit as long as they can, no matter the circumstance. I have many friends that were on a Dr. program and were told it would be 6 months with a taper at the end. Years later the same doctor has them on a slightly reduced dose (my guess is it's more $$ for Dr.).

When I was on it I got down to like 1/8 - 1/16 of a 4 mg pill (honestly just like the smallest piece I could break off). When I finally stopped altogether the wd wasn't soo bad, maybe a couple days (compared to a couple weeks after cold turkeying oxy).

If you really want to get off this stuff you can. Life is immeasurably better, and there is so much euphoria to be had with a clear mind.

When it comes to bupe, a lot of doctors dont seem to be well versed. If you stay on bupe your whole life, at the very least, your emotions will never be right again. You will never be as happy about a normal life event as you would be while clean. Ever. Dont think that because your doctor said so that you still aren't an addict who just doesn't have to score. I cut down by .25 maybe about every two weeks... Long enough to stabilize.i jumped off and had minimal syptoms during the day, but had restless arms for what seemed like a month but was probably two to three weeks. Xanax helped but I never took it two days in a row because I felt the need to know where I was in the process. The long road is the best road is the best road buddy. Hope you make it. I commend your decision to be free.

yea but who are you to say that!? I have been on suboxone for quite a while and my life has change completely; I am a new man, a happy man, and someone who is actually DOING SOMETHING w/ LIFE! I've used it for many years now, on and off, and anytime it was during that off period I was a miserable bastard and went back to using full time. suboxone has saved me many times and continues to do so; the drug has NOT been around long enough for all of us to make these assumptions because its the cool thing to do. it seems everyone form these boards are the ones who say to get off bupe the sooner the better but yet Drs are now scripting it to their everyday pain patients; why is that? something must be happening RIGHT here, no!? I could be wrong, they could be wrong, but I've dealt w/ it for many years now and all my emotions are there, all my feelings are there and EVERYTHING ELSE IN LIFE IS THERE! realize that its not always the drug; we just look for things to blame. maybe its THE PERSON who is having a hard time dealing w/ feelings and emotions and rather than just blame the drug, which most people do, lets look elsewhere.

yea but who are you to say that!? I have been on suboxone for quite a while and my life has change completely; I am a new man, a happy man, and someone who is actually DOING SOMETHING w/ LIFE! I've used it for many years now, on and off, and anytime it was during that off period I was a miserable bastard and went back to using full time. suboxone has saved me many times and continues to do so; the drug has NOT been around long enough for all of us to make these assumptions because its the cool thing to do. it seems everyone form these boards are the ones who say to get off bupe the sooner the better but yet Drs are now scripting it to their everyday pain patients; why is that? something must be happening RIGHT here, no!? I could be wrong, they could be wrong, but I've dealt w/ it for many years now and all my emotions are there, all my feelings are there and EVERYTHING ELSE IN LIFE IS THERE! realize that its not always the drug; we just look for things to blame. maybe its THE PERSON who is having a hard time dealing w/ feelings and emotions and rather than just blame the drug, which most people do, lets look elsewhere.

I agree with what your saying BBT but I think what he is saying is, If you stay on it for a long time, when you get off it your emotions wont be the same???? Well obviously not for the first 1-2 months while your withdrawing but after that just like every other pill, you start feeling normal again.

Some people Feel they are Clean while on BUP.

I dont care what they think, its there choice. I take Subutex for my herniated disk. ANd to also keep me off drugs. It works for both things. Im happy... My doc said I might as well take BUP my whole life rather then take a actual pain killer or try and get some crazy back surgery.

It is not scary to stop BUP... U just have to taper correctly, and taper to the .25 or .10 (If you can somehow measure it) Mark.

Of course it helps you not want to use, because you are already using the bupe. You have just replaced your doc with another opioid that satisfies the need that definitely doesn't count as keeping you "off drugs" get it? Just illicit ones. Of course it is invaluable for helping you regain a normal lifestyle. Pain is a whole other issue than dependence however, so if that's working for you I'd say stick with it. What I meant about the emotions, is that when you get truly clean, the euphoria you experience from normal exciting life events is tremendous, real endorphins are amazing. Its easy to forget when you are always on an opioid, but it mutes your good feelings as well as the bad. bupe may not have been around that long, but opioids have, and you can draw similar conclusions.

Last edited:
are you going to OD on suboxone? are you robbing people/places/things to get it? no. so there for youre not doing drugs in my eyes. not only that but there is no "high" from suboxone; so you may be doing pain killers but you are doing pain killers which have NO FEELING and you are paying a relatively cheap price for; so if thats whats keeps you straight in life then by all means do it for however long you want to.