• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HELP. What are these pain pill contracts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanaxus

Greenlighter
OK so just a few days ago I finally got upgraded from Vicodin to crushable 5s of oxy, I know its like a dream come true for an addict when there's nothing wrong with me lol. My only concern is these pain contracts. I had to sign one and the doc said its to make sure I'm not selling the pills and they'll be making sure I'm taking them? I get that but I'm an addict. I'm blowing through this script super fast (90 5mg oxys, no tylenol) love snorting. So my question is this I guess, will they be piss testing me when I go to refill? And if they do and I've run out well before then, could I just get any pain pill on the street (morphine, codeine, vicodin) for it to look like I've been taking my script appropriately? Ive worked a long time to finally get to crushables and want to work my way up to 30s, but I can't stop myself from blowing through these :( any advice would help thanks all

save like 5 or 10 of them for any time you get called in for a random cuz it does happen. i knew a huy who got hit by a car and was in morphine, dillys and valium for years. pissed hot for coke and they immediately yanked his scripts, no taper or anything. so if you dont like withdraw and you wanna keep getting your script i suggest you save a few. if they really want to they can also check the level of oxy to make sure youre not abusing it but im sure thats less likely. just watch your ass.

i agree with the above poster try to save some for a random search or whatever they call it. hey smoke im from delaware to. which part are you from? to the op do you mind if i ask you if you were evaluated psychologically before being put on the meds. did they ask questions like "how was the drive up here" i may be getting into one of these situations soon and am just curious as to what they asked you. i have legit pain though.

Thanks for the advice guys OK I'll keep a few around. Pillman - no I was never asked any psychological questions, I just moved up to Minnesota and told the doc I just wanted all my meds set up up here, but lied and told her my doc had upgraded me from vics to oxies right before I left my old town. Then I told her the old story about how the tylenol is just killing my stomach and asked if there were types of oxy without them, worked like a charm

OK so just a few days ago I finally got upgraded from Vicodin to crushable 5s of oxy, I know its like a dream come true for an addict when there's nothing wrong with me lol. My only concern is these pain contracts. I had to sign one and the doc said its to make sure I'm not selling the pills and they'll be making sure I'm taking them? I get that but I'm an addict. I'm blowing through this script super fast (90 5mg oxys, no tylenol) love snorting. So my question is this I guess, will they be piss testing me when I go to refill? And if they do and I've run out well before then, could I just get any pain pill on the street (morphine, codeine, vicodin) for it to look like I've been taking my script appropriately? Ive worked a long time to finally get to crushables and want to work my way up to 30s, but I can't stop myself from blowing through these :( any advice would help thanks all

To answer your question they may very well be "checking up" on you to make sure you're taking your meds or not taking anything else you aren't supposed to. And yes they can tell whether it's oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, etc. My pain management doc in Las Vegas did this. Keep in mind we're skating on thin ice here as were not supposed to discuss drug testing here but I don't believe my doc checked levels but that doesn't mean that yours won't so be careful. As far as the pain contract it is likely to also advise you and have you agree that you can't get narcotic pain meds from any other doctor while you're getting them from them ie no doctor shopping etc. To answer pillman1224s question my doctors have never put me through any kind of psych eval or anything like that and they were made aware by me of my existing mental health issues and it wasn't a major concern. The main thing my last and current doc was concerned with was having medical records to back up my condition.

ALSO! Can anyone tell me if, say I run out of my script, dropping vics or morphine would make up for it before I got tested? Cuz they won't specifically look for oxycodone, right? Just opiates and the amount of opiates in your system?

Damn never mind that question was answered above, thank you for that. That is such bullshit they can micromanage our scripts like that! Not cool!

Sorry one more here's another question. I just got these crushable 5s and they're alright, great to have something to snort, but I would really love to have pinks, 10mg crushables 3 times a day instead of 5s. Do you think asking the doc on the next refill would be too soon? Or should I wait a couple months? She is all good and convinced that surgery is not an option for me, and agrees I'll be on pain management the rest of my life. With that in mind she also believe I've been taking 5mg oxy for awhile now before I moved up to where I live now. So while I JUST started getting these 5s from her, she thinks I've been taking them for awhile. I'm wondering about asking for tens my next refill, or our next meeting (3 months from now), which time should I ask? Or are both too soon?

Last edited:
I answered your question in my above post. Short answer is no, they CAN tell specifically what opiate it is so taking something else won't help.

Yup I saw that thx bud I can't believe they can tell which exact opiates are in your system

thanks for the reply as a matter of fact i just got off the phone with my doc who called in norco 5s he told me to take 2 before pt. i asked for a "refill" 8 days after i got it because he only gave me 30 of them he promised me when i ran out he would call in more. i called back he said i cant give you anymore narcotics until you see doctor insert name here. the asshole promised me he would call in 10s and didnt i need to work on my verbal skills with these docs more i guess. they can tell the difference because i believe oxycodone turns into oxymorphone and hydrocodone turns into hydromorphone when it crosses the blood brain barrier i believe.

We can't advise you on how to circumvent your doctor's rules. I have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.