• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Newb, Oxycodone Questions

jimlarry

Greenlighter
I'll be getting some oxycodone tomorrow. Just oxycodoen Hcl, not Percoset. I think the amount per pill is 3mg or 5mg. (Not sure if they make a 3mg oxycodone hcl.) I also have a few (I think 3 or 4) Percosets, but I'm not sure if I can mix them with the oxycodone hcl safely. Anyway...
I'd like to get a good buzz off it, but not high off my ass. I've taken small amounts (anywhere from 10mg to 25mg all at once) over the course of a few months, but for the life of me I can't remember which dosage was best. I remember that 20mg on a half-full stomach gave me almost no results, while a different time 15mg on a half-full stomach gave me a good buzz. I take them orally, whole, but I guess I could cut them in half or crush them up.

How much should I use? How long will it take for them to kick in? How long will the feeling last? What about mixing a lower dose with a beer or two? I'm also on welbutrin XL (an anti-depressant) so am I safe taking it several hours after taking the oxycodone? Or should I skip it that night?
Suggestions? I'm male, 6 feet tall and 240 pounds.

you have 5MG pills.

take 15MG; you can easily mix the pills w/o a worry. they have the same effect. it will be about a half hour before you get a good feel. the feeling is different for everybody and could last up to 4 hours.. possibly more depending on tolerance, weight and everything else that plays a part!

mixing it with wellbutrin will not be a concern; having a beer or two with it is not a big deal but I always tell people NEVER TO MIX but hey, I do it myself so maybe I should listen to my own advice.

we are talking a very low dosage type pill, so there are not too many concerns here. just be careful, be patient, and if you do not feeling the initial 15MG then take another 5-10MG and wait it out and see what happens. you mention you have taken 20MG in the past, right? if you started off w/ 20MG in the past and got the feel you are looking for then maybe start with 20MG again but its always better to start lower so you can always go higher if need be; if you start too high then you are screwed because there is no way to go back.

It seems that you have 5 mg Oxycodone HCl pills and 5/325 mg Oxycodone HCl / APAP Percocet pills which you can easily mix, however take care of the limit of APAP you can ingest in one time or in 24 hours (1500 mg at once and maximum 3000-4000 mg per 24 hours) to avoid the risk of getting irrepairrable liver damage which can be deadly and will sneak upon you until it's too late. Try doing a Cold Water Extraction (CWE) on those Percocets to remove most if not all of the APAP, search the forums for more information. :)

As for dosages, try 15 to 25 mg at once or 15 mg + 5 to 10 mg after a few hours if you don't feel anything, Oxycodone is a heavy Opiate of which 10 mg of Oxycodone = 7,5 mg of Morphine = 75 mg of Codeine IIRC. As you are still a light-weight when it compares to Opiates / Opiods I would suggest starting out low :) (my tolerance to Oxycodone is about 150-200 mg / day).

You can insufflate (sniff) the Oxycodone without APAP since APAP is only there to counter abuse IMHO and is useless to insufflate since it will only clogg up your nostrils and sinuses. :)

Stay safe and have fun! :)

--» Peace o/

... just be careful, be patient, and if you do not feeling the initial 15MG then take another 5-10MG and wait it out and see what happens.

If I take the initial 15mg and don't feel the way I think I should, how long (after the initial dose) should I wait to take 5-10mg more?

I would wait about 45 mins after dosing to judge if you want more or not.

I also have two Robaxin (methocarbonol) what happens if I mix one of those with the oxycodone?
And what about drinking white grapefruit juice beforehand?

Disclaimer, I am not advising advocating or glorifying intranasal administration!!!!

With that being said. I PERSONALLY like to rail (snort) an immediate release oxycodone after I eat one or two (only eat percocets, they contain acetaminophen and that's a no no for the nose nose).
Insufflation (snorting) produces a faster onset and allows me to patiently wait for the ingested oxycodone to work. It also produces a more energetic 'high', but is shorter which is why it I also eat some. It increases peak high duration