View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Scary trip

9lives1left

Greenlighter
So a buddy of mine had done acid a few times, the first time ever being a few months ago. He had worked his way up from 3 seperate occasions not including this one. All being rather dissapointing, working his way up from 2 blotters, to 3, then to 4 one day and 7 a few hours later into the trip. The last one he felt he almost had achieved what he had fantasized about.

The acid to him seemed rather weak, so he obtained 12 blotters. He waited weeks for it, not to anxious about it, but excited, knowing this would be it, the trip he was looking for. So around 12pm he puts 10 blotters on his tounge, 6 on top of his tounge, and two on each side under his tounge. He left it in for about 30 minutes before feeling moderate effects, waving his hands back in forth enjoying the tracers of his hands, very exiting.

He then got this nervous urge, almost an anxiety attack, for no reason. Cheech and Chong- Up in Smoke was playing on TV and his surroundings where perfect, totally peaceful. He texted his source, which is also a good friend saying quote "what do I do did I take too much, I'm having a bad trip help me out man". As he texted everything he was typing was backwards, almost as if he had dyslexia, feeling like the phone was bending, almost fake.

Most everything looked very hairy to him, black hair. He started to feel nauseous, and ran to the trash can and began violently vomiting for about 5 or so minutes. He stumbled over to the drawer where he keeps his prescribed Valium for anxiety, taking double the dose he normally would which was supposed to be 20mg (realizing he took this last time to relieve the anxiety of the come-up, yet ruining the visuals he was looking for).

Still no response from his source which was the only one who knew he took it, he confessed to another good friend who was sober for advice. No reply. The nervousness was still intense, no bright colors or anything, just an overwhelming sense of spinning, and hair all over the blankets (almost like the movie The Grudge if any of you have seen it).

He and his girlfriend own a bunny who was drinking water at the time from his bottle, and it was making a wretched sound.

The Valium began to kick in and he began to relax, deciding to put the last two blotters on his tounge, (then thinking it was a bad idea noticing the hair on his legs was getting extremely long, so he spits them out after ten mintues).

The nervousness returns, then he gets a knock on the door from his girlfriend's brother saying quote "hey I need some help lifting these water jugs, no one is home but you to help me". He stood up, took a few deep breathes, walked outside and got it done as fast as possible, trying to get his timing perfect to where he wouldn't walk past his girlfriend's brother. He sat back down with a feeling of satisfaction and the trip began to feel like it was supposed to, keeping in mind it was already kind of ruined from the upsetness and the Valium.

The sweating seemed weird, he changed his clothes a lot, but was still finally enjoying himself. Noticing glowing colors around certain objects in the room. For a few hours (or so it seemed) he went from watching family guy to staring at the blankets he had hung on the wall, watching the optical illusions and flowers they were creating.

Soon enough his girlfriend texts him on her break, saying the girls at work were calling her fat and laughing at her, which infuriates him to the point of tears and an urge to walk into the store screaming at them. He tried texting her back to comfort her, but he realized he wasn't making any sense, and his girlfriend is totally against anything but pot, and has a zero tolerance policy due to the drug problems a few of her family members have. He threw his phone away from him, letting it hit the wall, the feeling of some sort of overdose came back, with the racing heart which had happened previously. He could hear his phone ringing knowing it was his girlfriend calling for comfort, but also knowing that it would make things 10x worse if he gave himself away.

He was exhausted, and he rolled into the fetal position with a pillow and was somehow able to take a nap, eventhough the effects were still quite
intense. He woke up an hour and a half later, still having visuals, seeing letters on the wall, codes of some sort that he wanted to write down but was too depressed to, from everything that had happened he felt traumatized and lethargic, sitting there on the bed for the remainder on the trip, depressed.

He wants to go no where near LSD again, but is very upset that he can't get the trip of a lifetime he was always looking for. Any advice for him guys? Thanks so much for reading this long post:)

Last edited:
Scary post! Please take the time edit it with linebreaks if you'd like people to read it.

Does it even sound like LSD? Nothing was peaceful to him or in harmony. Should he try again? Should he try something else to get those cool rainbow and leprechaun type visuals?

What exactly are you expecting that 12 hits didn't do? Even if they were only dosed 50ug each, that's still 600ug, quite a lot for anyone really. I also don't understand why you would take more after going into a "bad trip". It sounds like experience was sent in a negative direction mostly due to anxiety from having to appear sober and show concern for other people's problems. It's easy to panic and get overwhelmed on psychedelics, but doing so will only manifest into more of the same.

My advice would be to not take LSD if you have to worry about people knowing you're on it, especially if you have a girlfriend who is strictly against drugs. I'd also do it in a better environment than just sitting around at home watching TV, although if you dose high enough, you might not want to be out in public either. In any case, I'd recommend going somewhere quiet and peaceful in nature, maybe with a friend or two (potentially a sober sitter who is familiar with the effects of LSD) and turn your phone off. It's too stressful to deal with "real life" problems on psychedelics and it takes away from the ability to immerse yourself in the trip. I've always found it's easier if you just remove the possibility to be contacted by anyone else entirely for the duration.

It sounds like you definitely took too much. You should trust your instincts and not do LSD again, or at least wait a very long time until you feel 100% ready for it again. If and when you decide to trip again (on LSD or any psychedelic really) you need to change your approach.

Everything Grinders Kiefers said was good adivce. Take care of your Mind set, and physical setting. Lower your dose by a long shot - with LSD try taking 2 of those blotters max before going higher in dosage. I'd encourage you to learn to trip without depending on valium. If you need to take valium to cope with your trip, you're taking too much IMHO.

He wants to go no where near LSD again, but is very upset that he can't get the trip of a lifetime he was always looking for.

Last piece of advice: A trip of a lifetime isn't something you get, it's something you make.

You guys are spot on. Thank you so much. He really would like to try it again, he read somewhere that redoseing was pointless and that it would just prolong it. So he figured to just take it all at once. He had changed things little bit little bit each time he time he tried it, he even went out and bought a Netflix box the day before to find a light hearted movie. He thought everything was perfect. I guess it's just his state of mind?

I couldnt imagine not telling my girlfriend i was tripping. Maybe its different because we have been together for 5 years, and i mean like together daily for 4.5 years. I am sure that is a big part of it because i even forgo festivals because of our codependency like its awesome because she is literally my second half so we get the perks of being so close which is hard to explain unless you've "been there." The only thing is shes my opposite so she doesnt trip and much like yours requires comfort and positive reinforcement for her short comings which isnt bad sober me loves to help and talk but I cant bare her pain when im tripping so I do understand why you couldnt, maybe for different reasons but upset g/fs and LSD are not made for each other at all.

I think your biggest mistake was taking a super huge dose although you seem to have handled it well. The second mistake is needing to keep it a secrete. Even if the situation demands it often times it is hard to keep it a secrete because of the mental game LSD plays on you. Most of the time it feels like everyone is going to know by the way your acting when in reality you are *almost* normal (when your in the average dose range perhaps at yours you would be a bit off) I really think maybe you need to be honest with your girlfriend. Maybe if you tried telling her why you are doing these things she can try to understand it.

Have you ever thought about why you are doing this? What would you say if someone asked "why do you feel the need to take LSD?" Ask yourself those questions first so you can understand why this is so important to you before trying to tell someone else it is important to you.

Thing is, I've been with my girlfriend for 4 years, but we argue constantly. We are very different people. But none the less love each other. She gets onto me for going 5mph over posted. He is going to wait a very long time before he tries it again. Thanks so much guys, and I will be back:)!

If it's just visuals your looking for (which is what it sounds like in original post) don't do acid

Get yourself a 4 sub trypt like 4-aco-met or 4-ho-met

Both of those are pretty lighthearted and highly visual