Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Mushrooms / 5 grams dried) In the dark

Daviejoneslocker

Greenlighter
This was going to be my third time ever trying mushrooms. It was around December when I was finally able to get some mushrooms. I waited about a week till the time was perfect. I was in my bedroom at around 10 pm and meditated till 10:30. I had my friend sleeping in the other room just in case there was an emergency, but I was very confident under the circumstances. I ate the 2.5 grams within the first half hour, then purposefully ate another 2.5 grams. at this time I left my lamp on and waited lying down on my bed. I was just lying there for about 30 minutes mentally preparing myself for what was about to happen.

Around 1 hour of eating the 5 grams, I could somehow tell that they are working, without feeling any of the effects. I went to go turn off my lamp so the bedroom was completely dark. Around 5 minutes of waiting, I suddenly came to realize that everything was different, not that anything changed, but that I just perceived it differently. I looked in front of myself which seemed to be like a big black hole that was morphing around and moving which seemed to represent how i'm going through it no matter what.

30 minutes later I came to realize this terrible sick feeling I had. It wasn't nausea, just a feeling of a high fever that made me not want to move much. at this time I went up to use a washroom. I stepped into the room to see that the walls of the room we're a different color, the room was morphing around and made it look 4 dimensional. I looked into the mirror to see someone who looked like he was looking through me. I saw this person everywhere, but didn't know him at all.

I came back into my comforting room and turned off my lights, only to see visuals of stringy rainbow things floating around the room. Around an hour later, I was starting to peak. I started seeing things all in math, and saw it in grid. I soon began to think of questions like what is right and wrong, and I responded by saying there was no such thing, and I asked what is everything, then I responded by saying information, which was made out of space and time. and I came to realize that I wasn't talking to myself, I was thinking about words I've never heard of before, talking about things I never knew existed. at this point I was in the dark, not able to tell if my eyes are opened or closed. I realized that whenever I asked a question, it answered in a way that somehow made perfect sense. I then asked myself, "What am I"? there was a pause. then I saw this line, and I somehow knew this line represented me, and it was moving to the right, which told me it represented time. The line was made out of information that circled around itself to finally form a morphing ball, maybe similar to the "self transforming elf machine" Terence McKenna was talking about. Then I started zooming out, seeing what looked like other lines which represented different information intersecting other lines of information, which I realized were like things on earth interacting with other things. Then I slowly started moving back to see the bigger picture. And I saw millions on lines intersecting with millions of lines inside some bubble, and it told me the bubble represented the universal consciousness (which I never heard anything about before). And the whole thing morphed into some line that shaped into an infinity symbol, which told me everything was an infinite proliferation.

At this point it is still getting stronger and it got to the point where it felt like my brain crashed. I was morphing with space, Had a strong ego death. And it got to the point where I could only see whiteness, and hearing sounds that sound like a morphing watery radio waves, which was like the most incredible and beautiful thing I've ever heard. and I also heard birds when there were none.

I can't remember what happened after, but around half an hour after, I slowly start coming down, and a couple hours later it was all finally done at around 9 am.

Overall I would say this was the number one most meaningful thing that's ever happened to me, and made me have the most amount of respect for it. And learned if done under the right circumstances, can teach you a lot.

Last edited:
We don't use SWIM here. It doesn't protect anyone and makes your report confusing and hard to read, a lot of people here immediately skip reports that use it so you may not get many views/replies.

Otherwise this is a good report! I like your writing and look forward to reading more by you :)

is struggled past all the swim bullshit to find what actually is a great trip report. well done.

do you happen to know which type of mushroom you tried?

We don't use SWIM here. It doesn't protect anyone and makes your report confusing and hard to read, a lot of people here immediately skip reports that use it so you may not get many views/replies.

Otherwise this is a good report! I like your writing and look forward to reading more by you :)

Thanks for your notice and reply. This is my first report so I will be sure to fix that.

This was a very nice report, thank you for sharing.

Two things immediately jump out at me. First, I don't understand peoples' mushroom durations! You didn't start feeling it until an hour after eating, and you tripped for, what, like nine or ten hours? I've heard people say this before, especially with waiting an hour, but it baffles me because mushrooms literally never take more than fifteen minutes in me for visuals to start kicking in, and my longest trip by nearly twice the duration compared to any other was only about six hours long. I mean, I guess it makes sense when you adjust the onset time proportionally, but I don't get why they seem to get into my system so much more easily than for others.... Kudos though, I would love to be bemushroomed for that long. Second, I am jealous of your auditory hallucinations! The birds especially sound wonderful. I get many strong ones on mushrooms for sure, but they tend to be things like dogs barking, emergency sirens, and trains rushing by, at least in my experience so far lol. It'd be nice to actually have some calming ones for once....