• Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Methaqualone / 750mg) - First Experience - The Cosby Show

yardbirdrc

Bluelighter
Date: July 25, 2015
Time: 11:00PM - 4:00AM
Drug: Methaqualone
Dose: 750mg

The list of drugs I expected to never get the chance to try is dwindling pretty quickly. I remember stories from my parents about the mysterious Quaaludes - while my mother never tried them personally (something I believe given her attitudes towards drugs in general), several of her friends used them and one even overdosed in a possible suicide attempt. She of course told me these things as a warning to never try them, though I'm not sure if she was aware they'd basically gone extinct in the United States by that point. In much of the world the Quaalude has gone the way of the classical barbiturate - it has been supplanted by benzodiazepines in virtually all of its indications. The national manufacturing quota of methaqualone in the United States is 10 grams. I currently have more than that sitting across from me on the coffee table as I write this.

This is not the first time I'd bought methaqualone, or "Mandrax" as it is most often labeled today, though it is the first time it actually turned out to be methaqualone. In both cases I bought it fully expecting it to be a hoax, but the amount of money it cost was small enough that it was worth the gamble for me to find out for myself. My first such gamble landed me with three pressed pills of what turned out to be rohypnol. This gamble landed me with a heap of chalky, greyish powder. The story behind both gambles was the same: "clandestine Mandrax from South Africa". There are several regions of the map that still use methaqualone to some extent, but by far the most well known is South Africa where the smoking of bootleg methaqualone powder in broken glass bottles is called "white pipe" and carries the same demonization cache of crack cocaine in the United States. Though smoking requires a much smaller dose I was worried about the dangers of COPD that have been reported with this ROA so that was right out.

I dropped a small quantity of the grey powder into the test baggie of the NIK reagent test for methaqualone. I crushed the three glass vials inside sequentially and shook the liquids around until they had consumed the powder, producing a neon blue hue: a positive reaction. I was more pleased than surprised, though a fair amount of both emotions were bouncing around my skull. Of course, this was not enough to fully convince me. Perhaps the test for methaqualone also shows positive results for, say, etaqualone or mecloqualone. And why is the powder so discolored? Perhaps there are active or inactive adulterants? I decided to proceed cautiously.

Dustin and I made plans to take the drug the following Saturday and Sam decided to join. On Thursday I ate approximately 2mg followed by 15mg a couple of hours later as an allergy test. No notable effects. Sam and I spent most of Saturday preparing a large meal at a friend's house so the dosing didn't begin until around 11PM. Lou decided to join as well, making four guinea pigs. When we returned to Sam's place I weighed out a 300mg dose for each of us. I chose this dosage because it was the dose in the fabled Lemmon 714, though I suspected a redose might be required as I doubted the purity of this powder. Better to start low, though.

About forty five minutes after dosing I began to feel mild alerts. I felt an unusual goofiness in my limbs and face, and I felt a warmth in the pit of my stomach that recalled drinking whiskey out of the bottle. There was a sort of mild pins and needles sensation creeping up my back as well. My fellow guinea pigs noted similar effects at this point, nobody was super impressed. We smoked a cigarette and decided to redose around the hour mark if nobody felt anything spectacular. I was still feeling a rising action but nothing spectacular.

We added another hundred milligrams at around T+1:10. Dustin and I ended up dosing another hundred only twenty minutes after that bringing us to 500mg. It was beginning to feel a bit more-ish. I definitely liked where the experience was going and I wanted it to hit hard as we only had a few shots at this. The effects on propioception were notable. I was stumbling a bit and mildly slurring my words. My limbs felt heavy. Emotionally it reminded me of opiates in that there was some amount of (increasing) euphoria at this point but also a strange brand of apathy. Lou remarked that it felt as if someone had taken a tiny hammer and knocked out a small section of his brain.

Though I was perfectly content to sit still we decided to give disco music a try. Dancing felt pretty damned good, which I did not expect. The best sensations were evoked by swinging the limbs around haphazardly and arythmically. This caused me to laugh quite a bit as I did it. Disco seemed strangely enhanced. I've always maintained that disco had an undeservedly negative reputation, but I was no major disco fan: I almost never put it on. However, with this drug in our systems it seemed to be the perfect music for the occasion. P-Funk was also excellent. As the redoses hit I felt an increasing "rush" feeling. Waves of euphoria and energy crept over me. It was strangely MDMA-like at times, but completely lobotomized of the emotional lushness. The enhanced music, dancing and conversation were there though. It was not at all like benzos which was reassuring. There's no way this was some kind of diluted Xanax hoax: the effects were much broader. It felt like nothing I had ever taken before which was, again, reassuring that we were dealing with the genuine article.

We decided to take another redose and a walk to buy some cigarettes. We were now mostly at around 600mg, although Sam was a bit lower around 450mg. Putting proper pants on was difficult. We struck out into the night and the breeze was intensely pleasurable. Sensations on the skin were enhanced in general, but all the sights and smells and sounds of being outside were exactly what the doctor ordered. I felt revived with energy and conversation flowed easily. We bought a pack of cigarettes and meandered around campus checking out some school buildings and reminiscing about our college years. I noticed hypnotic effects, which was really interesting - I'd never experienced that before. Little tasks like washing my hands or reading a street sign became momentarily entrancing. In that way it almost reminded me of psychedelics, except there was no thinking really. Just a sort of zen-like focus and interest in the mundane. We walked for close to an hour. By the time we met up with Sarah I was beginning to feel the euphoric rush devolve into a zombified sedation. This state was pleasurable in its own right, but very different in character. It's sort of like when oxycodone hits you with that big rush of energy and bliss and then an hour later you're nodding out on the sofa struggling to keep your eyes open and seeing everything in double.

Sarah took Lou home and the three of us remaining trudged back towards Sam's place on foot. When we arrived we took more boosters - I took 150mg and the other two took 100mg each. I also smoked some pot and found the combination pleasant, some of the euphoria returned but I was practically drooling at this point. We watched some random video things for a while, my memory here is kind of hazy. Eventually Dustin caught a ride home and Sam and I were left to explore the sexual enhancement properties of the drug. Though sensation was certainly enhanced on the skin, we both felt a bit like zombies. The sex was good and I could feel the final booster dose coming on, but I feel like we missed our window here by a couple of hours. It would've been preferable to make love during the euphoric rush phase, not the walking dead phase. The following day we didn't wake until close to 2pm, and I stayed awake in bed for a while before I found any motivation to move. As I write this now I still feel extremely lethargic albeit peaceful and quite happy - be warned that if you try this drug you should do so on a night where you have no commitments the next day. I also have a bit of a headache.

This was an interesting experiment. I wasn't completely blown away by it, but it was certainly very unique in character and very pleasant at times. I feel fairly convinced that what we have is indeed methaqualone. I say this because of its source of origin, it's complete distinctness from every other category of drug that I've taken (which is a pretty wide range), the dosage and the results of the reagent test. I've also taken a urine test for methaqualone today and tested positive, although I suppose it's possible that etaqualone could produce the same metabolites. I think next time I'll start out around 600mg right off the bat, that seems to be where it got fun. I think it would also thrive in a bar or club setting, or at a live music event. It functions similarly to alcohol but much more clearheaded and without any of the physical taxation. I never once felt like I was approaching an unsafe dosage or that I was losing control. It was relatively benign in that way.

Remember, if someone offers you this drug the chances are high that it's not actually this drug. Be sure to take all of the proper precautions with reagents and allergy testing. The one thing that is disappointing about the experience is that I feel certain nobody will believe me if I tell them about it. I suspect many of you reading this now won't even believe me, let alone people I meet casually at parties or what-have-you. In a way I guess that's kind of cool - it's something that really only the four of us who took it last night will be able to share.

Hmmm, well I heard etaqualone was a bit of a let down(otherwise I'm sure there would be tons of threads on it here), so pretty sure you got the real deal. So jealous, I've always wondered why there is not a black markert for it here, considering how much people talked about it, and it is still around in other countries...not advising it but I wonder what its liked smoked...

Hmmm, well I heard etaqualone was a bit of a let down(otherwise I'm sure there would be tons of threads on it here), so pretty sure you got the real deal. So jealous, I've always wondered why there is not a black markert for it here, considering how much people talked about it, and it is still around in other countries...not advising it but I wonder what its liked smoked...
Legitimate methaqualone (as Mandrax) CAN be purchased on the black market. It really isn't that hard to find. I've never bought any but there are a couple of high-profile vendors from South Africa who look very reputable.